FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Overwatch: Origins Edition Cross-Game Digital Goodies Now Available

20229-overwatch-origins-edition-cross-ga

With the addition of Baby Winston for WoW players and Mercy's Wings for Diablo III PC players, all Overwatch: Origins cross-game promotional items are now available!

While the Overwatch card back has been around for a while in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm got its very own Tracer, World of Warcraft and Diablo III just received their Overwatch: Origins digital bonuses. These items are only available if you purchase the digital version of Overwatch: Origins.

World of Warcraft players can now proudly show off their adorable Baby Winston pet. For those of you who don't know anything about Winston's story, you can watch the Recall animated short to find out more about the gorilla with glasses.

Meanwhile, Diablo III PC players are finally getting Mercy's Wings. Earlier in the year, there was some controversy on this item, since console players got it both earlier and for free. There is a separate blog post dedicated to Mercy's Wings in the Diablo III official site.

You can check out all the cross-game promotional items in the blue post below. These items will still be available after the launch of the game, as long as you purchase the digital version of Overwatch: Origins.

Blizzard Icon Blizzard Entertainment

The fight for the future is expanding to several other Blizzard universes!

Deployment of our Overwatch: Origins Edition in-game goodies has begun. Digital bonuses for World of Warcraft, Diablo III, StarCraft II, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone are now available to anyone who pre-purchases the digital version of Origins Edition for Windows PC through the Battle.net Shop.

What's included? See below!

World of Warcraft: Baby Winston Pet

F5GWEZKFY8U81461028842989.jpg

Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight to extinguish the Burning Legion. As with other World of Warcraft pets, Baby Winston will be automatically added to your characters' inventories and, once claimed, will be available on all World of Warcraft accounts on your Battle.net account.

Diablo III: Mercy's Gaze

LKZH49GH794H1461028843002.jpg

Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells wearing Mercy’s wings, and all of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch! Click here for details on how to claim this item on PC and Mac, or click here to learn how to claim it on console.

StarCraft II: Player Portraits

568D0A1KMXRF1461028843637.jpg

Brand-new portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76 give new meaning to the phrase "Hero of the Koprulu Sector." These portraits will be automatically unlocked in your player profile.

Heroes Of The Storm: Tracer Hero

3VGH3WGOEEWB1461028843635.jpg

The cavalry's here! Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye. This hero will be automatically unlocked in your roster—click here to learn more about Tracer in Heroes of the Storm.

Hearthstone: Overwatch Card Back

XVOJP9QIM1E51461028843182.jpg

If you happen to find yourself in a Tavern Brawl, show your opponent you’ve got backup with an Overwatch-themed card back. Available since patch 4.2.0, this card back will be automatically added to your collection.

And don't forget: In addition to receiving these digital bonuses, when you pre-purchase or preorder any version of Overwatch, you'll also get the Noire Widowmaker skin at launch! Visit www.buyoverwatch.com for more details.

Q. Do I need to pre-purchase or preorder Overwatch to unlock these digital bonuses?
A. Nope! To be eligible for these in-game goodies starting May 24, you just need to purchase Overwatch: Origins Edition on any platform.

Q. I pre-purchased/preordered Origins Edition, but not through the Battle.net Shop. When will I receive my digital bonuses?
A. Players who pre-purchase or preorder a physical copy Origins Edition will receive their in-game goodies when they pick up their copy of the game starting on May 24.

• For PC, the game code included in the physical box will also unlock all digital bonuses when redeemed through Battle.net Account Management.
  • For console, there will be an additional code included in the physical box that can be redeemed through Battle.net Account Management. This code will unlock all digital bonuses.

Q. What if I digitally pre-purchase Origins Edition from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store?
A. Players who digitally pre-purchase Origins Edition from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store will be eligible to receive their in-game goodies starting on May 24.

In order to claim the Origins Editions digital bonuses, though, players will need to first link their Battle.net account with their PlayStation Network account or their Xbox Live account. Once linked, a notification will appear upon launching Overwatch allowing players to unlock all bonuses on their designed Battle.net account.

Q. If I contact Customer Support and provide proof of purchase, will they be able to grant me the digital bonuses earlier?
A. No. Customer Support will not be providing digital bonus codes prior to the game's launch to players who preordered physical copies of Origins Edition or pre-purchased digital copies through the PlayStation or Xbox online stores.

Q. When I will receive my Origins Edition skins in Overwatch?
A. Players receive their Origins Editions skins starting May 24. These skins will be automatically unlocked in the Hero Gallery the first time you log in.

(source)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Blizzard has started sending out surveys about Classic Burning Crusade character creation to players, similar to how they handled the Shadowlands level squish surveys back in June 2019 with the goal to find out how the transition from Classic to Burning Crusade would be handled.
      Placeholder for tweet 1243639881735327744 The survey contains four options outlined below, although one is currently missing: keep Classic realms at 60 and transfer your existing character to a Burning Crusade realm.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Thinking about the potential ways a player could start a character in "Classic" Burning Crusade, which of the following would you prefer most?
      Please select one.
      Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.
      Start a brand new character from Level 58 on a new Burning Crusade server.
      Start a brand new character from Level 1 on a new Burning Crusade server.
      Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server that will never progress past level 60, with the option to transfer to a Burning Crusade server.
      None of the above
    • By Stan
      Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis is leaving Blizzard to pursue something new.
      Brandy Camel aka Nevalistis today announced that she's leaving Blizzard after 8.5 years.
      Blizzard (Source)
      This is, undoubtedly, one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to write. Not gonna lie, it took me a few tries.
      March 27, 2020 will be my final day as Diablo Community Manager, and at Blizzard Entertainment. I’m not leaving for any ill reasons; my team here has always been understanding and kind, every developer I’ve had the honor of interacting with has been delightfully passionate, and the decision to leave was ultimately mine alone. I have an opportunity to explore a new and very different adventure, and if you’re curious about that, I’ll share more about it on my personal channels. Sometimes, opportunity presents itself and you just gotta roll the dice.
      What I want to focus on is expressing my gratitude to this community . For welcoming me when I stumbled in at the announcement of Reaper of Souls. For making me feel at home as I was trembling on livestream, fighting stage fright while introducing the expansion to the world. For all the smiles, high-fives, hugs, and selfies at conventions (especially BlizzCon). For the absolute conviction and passion for Sanctuary that I see in every player’s post, whether it’s excitement over the latest Season or constructive criticism for your favorite class. Regardless of highs and lows, this is one of the best communities out there, and the heart of it is warm, caring, and filled with people who just want more Diablo.
      Thank you for permitting me to be a part of your community. Thank you for reading my weird blogs and tolerating my terrible puns and memes. And thank you for staying awhile to listen. I’ve had an incredible opportunity learn and grow as person that I’ll carry with me the rest of my life, and I can’t wait to delve the depths of the Burning Hells and face down the mother of Sanctuary alongside the rest of you.
      Lastly, rest assured that the Diablo community will be left in good hands. I’ve spent a fair amount of my final weeks here preparing to pass the torch to those who will follow in my footsteps and working with the team here to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. You won’t be left unheard or unacknowledged, but please be understanding while the next folks get settled in. We’re all here to battle the demons of Hell together, after all!
      I’ll see you in Sanctuary, adventurers.
      Starting April 6, she will be working as a Community Manager for Dungeons and Dragons. We wish you the best of luck!
      Placeholder for tweet 1243584144950452224 Placeholder for tweet 1243584145898364928 Placeholder for tweet 1243584164277809152 Placeholder for tweet 1243584174016983040 Placeholder for tweet 1243584176424505344 Placeholder for tweet 1243584186331488257
    • By Stan
      Blizzard gave its staff care packages with essentials such as soap, paper towels, and toilet paper amid the coronavirus lockdown.
      California is now under lockdown, and Blizzard has provided its employees in Austin and Irvine with care packages filled with essentials available via a drive-thru in the parking garage.
      Placeholder for tweet 1241061535612465153 Placeholder for tweet 1240727066892353536 The company has been hard at work to provide the best working conditions for everyone. Some artists were given tablets and rigs so that they can remotely work on ongoing projects.
      Placeholder for tweet 1238620835121750022
      Source: Eurogamer
    • By Starym
      Blizzard are joining several other gaming companies in instituting a work from home policy due to the dangers of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, after the President of the United States issued a national emergency related to the outbreak in the US.
    • By Stan
      A while ago, we reported that Blizzard registered a trademark that hinted at an animated Diablo series. Today, we finally got more details via Gamespot.
      According to the LinkedIn profile of Nick van Dyk, co-president of Activision Blizzard Studios who also produced Skylander's Academy on Netflix, the unannounced Diablo series will be rendered in anime style and is currently in pre-production for distribution worldwide through Netflix.
      Nick van Dyk's profile also mentions that he developed and sold an animated series based on Blizzard's Overwatch franchise with his creative partner, but we have no clue what that means or who bought it at this time. Do you think we'll see an Overwatch animated series as well?
      Blizzard (Source)
      President of the film and television division of leading game company Activision | Blizzard, charged with adapting the company's intellectual property to film and TV, including development, financing, production and distribution. After founding the business unit in 2014 and serving as its COO and CFO, I grew the business to $15 mil in revenue and with my creative partner built a diverse and world-class team of 20+ people to execute our mission. I oversee financing, distribution, strategic planning, franchise management, business affairs, operations and other functions of this emerging business unit while working closely with the creative team.

* Executive producer of Skylanders Academy, a TV adaptation of Skylanders (the leading
      children’s video game franchise in the world). Solicited pitches and selected show runner,
      assembled writers’ room, provided notes and creative feedback at all stages of
      production from writing through animation, hired key show staff (line producer, casting
      director, voice director, composer, etc.), sourced and hired animation studio and negotiated
      equity interest therein, established guidelines for talent deals, assembled series cast, and sold
      the show to Netflix.

* Executive producer of Diablo, a TV adaptation of Blizzard Entertainment’s IP, rendered in anime style. The show is currently in pre-production for distribution worldwide through Netflix.

* With my creative partner, authored development strategy for the Call of Duty cinematic and
      television universe. Secured development funding, developed writer compensation deals and oversaw negotiations to secure talent.

* With my creative partner, developed and sold an animated series based Blizzard's Overwatch franchise.

* Authored strategic business plan for formation of the business, developed organization strategy, sourced and recruited talent, structured compensation and built the team to execute against the plan

* Managed the business to four straight years beating operating plan.