Hearthstone: Whispers of the Old Gods 26th April Release Confirmed

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

The wait is soon to be over. Blizzard confirmed today that the release date for Whispers of the Old Gods will be the 26th April 2016, at least in the Americas region.

While this date has been speculated about for some time now, we finally have confirmation. Those in Europe and Asia will have to wait an extra day, or at least a few hours, as the set will be available on the 27th in those regions.

We are reminded that the set will have 134 cards, and that the $50 50-pack offer will be available until the set goes live.  

Remember, there will be a special stream on April 21 featuring Ben Brode and Frodan.
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco

The "Enrage" keyword will be replaced by "while damaged" in an upcoming patch.
      Announced in today's Designer Insights with Peter Whalen, Hearthstone's "Enrage" keyword will be replaced by "While Damaged" in a future patch. Whalen noted that the reason for this change is clarity. Though Hearthstone keywords are typically meant to to be used as shorthand for more complicated effects, Enrage is only one word shorter is than "while damaged" and no less clear.
      You can see an example of the new card templating below:

Though a date has not yet been provided for when these changes will take place, I'd be surprised if they were not made before The Witchwood is released in mid-April.
    • By Aleco

Spoiler season for The Witchwood will begin on March 26th, implying a likely release date of April 12th or 13th.
      The PlayHearthstone Twitter account recently announced the time and date for The Witchwood's card reveal stream on Twitch.tv:
      The stream will take place on March 26th at 11:AM PDT, where we can expect Blizzard to reveal a handful of cards from the upcoming set and announce the set's two-week spoiler schedule. This would imply that the full spoiler for the set is likely to come on Monday, April 9th. Given that two of the past three sets (including the spring set from 2017) released on a Thursday, this means we are likely to see an April 12th release date for The Witchwood. An April 13th release isn't outside the realm of possibility, but at this point an April 6th release (the date for Journey to Un'Goro) seems unlikely.
      This release date has not been officially confirmed (nor is it likely to be confirmed until shortly before the set is released), but the release date for the previous set was predicted using similar methods.
    • By Aleco

This week's tavern brawl is giving out three K&C packs in celebration of Starcraft's 20th anniversary.
      Need an excuse to log in to Hearthstone? This week's tavern brawl will be giving out 3 packs of Kobolds & Catacombs for each account's first win (three times the normal rate) in celebration of Starcraft's 20th anniversary. Blizzard announced a few weeks ago that they would be giving out rewards for their SC20 event for each of their Battle.Net titles, and a couple of extra packs is a welcome substitute for Starcraft-themed skins which would have been quite difficult to pull off in Hearthstone.
      When the Tavern Brawl releases tomorrow, players will be able to choose from any of the nine classes and will begin the game with 10 class cards in their deck to match. After the game starts, each player can then select from one of three options, Tech, Swarm, and Mind, to will fill their deck out with 20 matching portal cards. These portal cards will add minions and spells to your hand that are themed around the classic Starcraft races, and will have their Mana cost reduced by three. Though nothing has been announced about what these Starcraft-themed cards will be, I for one think it is safe to assume that Terran (Tech) will be blatantly overpowered and in need of an immediate nerf. En Taro Tassadar!
    • By Aleco

Hunterace finds three of the most important cards in his deck off a Shadow Visions. Which one should he take?
      It's game 3 of the quarterfinals at HCT Toronto, and Hunterace finds himself up two games to nothing against Silentstorm. On Combo Dragon Priest, Hunterace casts an early Shadow Visions and finds three of the most important cards in his deck - Inner Fire, Power Word: Shield, and Divine Spirit. Which one should he take?
      Shadow Visions is one of my favorite cards in the game. Having puzzled over many shadowy decisions myself, I was hoping that I might unlock some secret in this episode as to which card you should take off it in a generic game of Hearthstone. The fallacy with that logic is that there are no generic games. Every matchup demands a different strategy, and the strategy that Hunterace choose to employ against Silentstorm's Cubelock is as fascinating as it was effective. I think he took the best card off Shadow Visions for the strategy he was going for, but that there is no way to definitively state that his choice was the "correct" one. Other strategies might have worked in this matchup as well, and with a slightly different hand or board it may have been correct to go for one those.
      What card would you guys have taken in this spot? Personally, I would have leaned towards taking the Divine Spirit with the hope of setting up an OTK in the turn 8-10 range.