Damien

Reno Jackson Highlander Combo Warlock Standard

31 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Reno Jackson Highlander Warlock Combo Standard deck.

Demonwrath is not in standard play.

How so? It's from BrM.

I've been trying figure out a good counter for the losses to Reno Highlander for the last couple days. I had all the cards already except for Leeroy, but I had some dust so I figured it'd be worth it to give this a shot.  One swap I'm trying is Hogger, Doom of Elwynn for the Fen Creeper - it's not really an even swap but if they don't silence him he's pretty decent at stacking taunts.  I didn't have the Firelord, so I'm throwing in Y'Shaarj, who for the last couple of days has been my favorite late game card. I've always wanted to fit summoning stone into a deck but it's just too easy to remove with 0 attack.. Y'Shaarj has all the fun of random summon without needing a spell to generate it, and is also a 10/10.  And yeah it can be iffy with the random minion draws, but usually by the time I throw it they're scrambling to find a counter, and by then the board has a few random minions on it.  And if they can't remove it Faceless has a chance to double it - or whatever it draws - as well.  Thanks for the awesome decks and for saving me hours of struggle for so many months!

Sen'jin shieldmasta seems significantly stronger than Fen Creeper.

Curve is important, the deck has more plays on 4 than 5, hence the extra 5-drop.

Can I use Jaraxus instead of Cho, since I don't have it? Also, could Elise be of use in this deck?

I was wondering about Elise too.Could it be possible to fit her in this deck?

Can I use Jaraxus instead of Cho, since I don't have it? Also, could Elise be of use in this deck?

Sure to both.

1 person likes this

I packed "DOOM!" recently and I'm thinking of using it instead of "Twisting Nether," but I am not sure if it is a good substitution? Also, I don't have "Twisting Nether" so I would have to craft it. I don't have "Cho'gall" either, but I do have "Lord Jaraxxus." I was wondering if I should substitute those cards in the deck? However, without the "Cho'gall" it would be harder to cast "DOOM!" as a reliable tempo play. So, should I use "DOOM!" but craft "Cho'gall?" What are my best options to use my dust efficiently? I do need some for other decks I am creating from this website. I would rather not use 2,000 dust.

Sure to both.

And how about Arch Tief Rafaam? What would you cut from deck for Elise (and/or Rafaam)?

Not a fan of either of those cards personally, so I wouldn't recommend them.

To the DOOM! question, I just don't feel like the card is very good. You can use it if you don't have access to Twisting Nether, but if you have the option, Nether is almost always better.

Is this the most consistent version of Renolock in standard? Also, which of the following could I sub out for Jaraxxus: Cho'Gall or Ragnaros?

A few questions:

Is this the most consistent variation of Renolock?

Could Ragnaros be substituted with Jaraxxus?

How would abomination fare instead of fen creeper?

Why Ragnaros over Alexstraza? Alexstraza seems to make more sense with the leeroy combo, not to mention it can be used to reset your own health to 15 in emergency situations. Also, cho'gall seems to be almost completely useless. 

hey just wanna say thks for sharing this reno warlock deck. 

Not too shabby considered I am missing Cho'gall and Leeroy. 

I replaced it with Bog Creeper and Reckless Rocketeer respectively.

Why Ragnaros over Alexstraza? Alexstraza seems to make more sense with the leeroy combo, not to mention it can be used to reset your own health to 15 in emergency situations. Also, cho'gall seems to be almost completely useless. 

I don't own rag so i've tried alex and jaraxxus on combo renolock before whispers. Alex is too slow, Jaraxxus is too risky, and also slow. Rag is just too good in terms of late game tempo, plus he is almost certain to clear the way for combo next turn if he goes face

i just cant wait to try this version.. 16 mana turns with chogall...so much fun

Alex is too slow, Jaraxxus is both risky and slow- they rarely win games. Rag offers significant tempo boost if he goes board, and clears the way for combo is he goes face. He's the best choice.

Also cant wait for 16 mana turns with chogall..I'll definatelly try this! Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something but Leroy (5) + Power Overwhelming (1) + Faceless (5) = 11 mana..... how do you play all three cards in one turn?

Maybe I'm missing something but Leroy (5) + Power Overwhelming (1) + Faceless (5) = 11 mana..... how do you play all three cards in one turn?

Psst... Thaurissan...

Next time. try to read the whole guide. Sottle invests a lot of time in these.

Quoting a paragraph from the guide :

When the time is right, you will usually need to play Emperor Thaurissan onto the board in order to discount your combo pieces, since under standard conditions, your full burst combo costs 11 Mana. Since this is only slightly outside your regular Mana constraints, it is enough to only hit one piece of the combo with your Emperor activation. However, against heavy Control decks, you may want to wait until you hit more combo pieces so that you have enough spare Mana to fit in extra cards like Abusive Sergeant to increase your damage output.

Looks like the edit notes on the deck are wrong - says add Alex, but not in main list.

BTW, anyone know an easy way to see what decks have been updated lately, since there's so much turnover?