FORUMS
L0rinda

Hearthstone News: We Want Your Views

I love Sottle's deck guides.

It would be great if there was a unified list of recently added / edited decks, to save us the trouble of searching all 18 pages (9 standard, 9 wild).

Thanks, keep up the good work!

It's done, what do you think?

Wow, that was fast!

Sorry for being dense, but where can I find the new list?

Wow, that was fast!

When you open the Hearthstone section of the site, look right (where "WELCOME TO ICY-VEINS!" is and scroll a bit down. There's the Changelog. You can also press Ctrl-F and type Changelog.

Wow, that was fast!

When you open the Hearthstone section of the site, look right (where "WELCOME TO ICY-VEINS!" is and scroll a bit down. There's the Changelog. You can also press Ctrl-F and type Changelog.

Perfect - just what I was thinking of!

Thanks!

Edited by Yaron

Hey Sottle, Just wanted to say I absolutely love what you are doing here and I love Icy-veins. As we all know, hearthstone players get confused easily when there are too many deck slots and non standard packs are available for purchase, we really appreciate the way you present us the information and the fact that you only focus on tried and tested decks unlike other websites.

On that note I noticed that you added a few decks recently, and as an OCD player when two decks look similar I just keep going back and forth and comparing the two to see what cards are different and why (just saw two variations on Zoo). Maybe that can be a part of the deck section? Something like Similar decks, or maybe a compare decks option.

The second idea I had was regarding the cards section. Its great that you show a list of all the decks that have a particular card from the website. It's the first thing I do whenever I get a new legendary or epic. I think it would be easier for users if that section was organised to show Standard, wild, legacy and Adventure decks under separate headings.

Someone gave the idea of videos for each deck and I think that is a pretty cool thing. I also think some videos for the articles on deck building and such would also be really good. Maybe cover the thinking process while making one of the decks on the website? I know its a lot of work and the website is pretty good as is, but these can be taken from your stream and will make for even more compelling content.

Anyways, Keep up the good work and thanks for asking feedback from the community. May Elune light your path!

Edit: imissed sottle's response on videos so ignore that comment since he has clarified why its tedious to do videos. 

Edited by Valkyr
  • Like 1

I'd love to see some annotated Arena drafts (maybe like one a week?) where the author goes through their thought process on each pick.  Some descriptions of how the games went after that would be nice too.  One thing I'm still struggling with as a relatively new player is "what does a really good Arena deck look like?"  I know there's lots of ways to make a good one, so seeing some examples would be great.

Edited by revengeanceful

I'd love to see some annotated Arena drafts (maybe like one a week?) where the author goes through their thought process on each pick.  Some descriptions of how the games went after that would be nice too.  One thing I'm still struggling with as a relatively new player is "what does a really good Arena deck look like?"  I know there's lots of ways to make a good one, so seeing some examples would be great.

I'll bear this in mind, although is likely a little too long to happen anytime soon. 

I will be continuing the Beginner to Infinte series as time allows though. I will definitely be discussing how decks can develop in that.

On 11/05/2016 at 4:09 AM, Damien said:

We're going to update the forum software very soon and we'll separate the news feeds for the different games, so you don't need to see WoW news when you're only interested in Hearthstone (is that what you were trying to say?).

Coming up on two years since you mentioned seperate news feeds for the different games - is this still happening?