L0rinda

Hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Unite Against Mechazod!

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

20820-hearthstone-tavern-brawl-unite-aga

This week's Tavern Brawl is the 49th Tavern Brawl. It is a repeat of Unite Against Mechazod!

This was one of the more popular Brawls last time around. Two players have to cooperate to kill Mechazod, a 2/95 Taunt minion who changes sides at the end of each turn. One player takes the role of Priest, while the other takes Paladin. If the players defeat Mechazod, they both win. If either player dies, they both lose.

DMPvcvJ.png

Both decks use plenty of cards that can help their team. I will deliberately not post too many spoilers in here, but cards such as Dancing Swords and Arcane Golem can be used to give your partner cards and mana. There are also some tricks available with Lorewalker Cho and Millhouse Manastorm. Other things are for you to find out!

When Mechazod changes sides, he also uses one of his spells. These are:
  • Prioritize: Damage Attack: damage to biggest minion
  • Bomb Savlo: Deal Attack damage to up to three random targets
  • Overclock: Gain 2 Attack
  • Double Zap: Deal Attack damage to both players
  • One other ability, that I won't spoil for those who don't know
Mechazod's spells are the same as in Return of Mechazod, which means this Brawl has been updated slightly since last time we saw it. Previously he was able to Assassinate the biggest minion instead of using Prioritize.

This is another Brawl where you don't have to build a 30 card deck. It has been five weeks since one of those, and I think this is a good trend. Brawls are supposed to be casual and fun. This particular Brawl fits the fun category pretty well. Beware though, some opponents play the whole game and then concede just before winning. A frustrating downside of the format.
  • Like 1

That sinking feeling you get when you watch your brawl-mate coin out his Millhouse on turn one. sad.png

• Like 1

That sinking feeling you get when you watch your brawl-mate coin out his Millhouse on turn one. sad.png

Or when they actively try to kill you and ignore Mech? :D

The real terrible thing is when you try and fill your board so that Mechazod can't find a place to switch side . Well, he found a way to switch side anyway sad.png

The real terrible thing is when you try and fill your board so that Mechazod can't find a place to switch side . Well, he found a way to switch side anyway sad.png

It's a painful lesson to learn :(

Beware though, some opponents play the whole game and then concede just before winning. A frustrating downside of the format.

Control Warriors incognito tongue.png

• Like 1

so nice to get partner who use coin at first move to play Lorewalker Cho... and this last brawl was strange, partner leave  (disconected probably) he explode, and I win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Does Black Knight actually work against Mechazod?

And this brawl was awesome.

I don't think it's possible to test, since you have premade decks. If he was in it, he'd probably work. Maybe one day we will see Unstable Portal into BK into Mechazod dead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blainie said:

I don't think it's possible to test, since you have premade decks. If he was in it, he'd probably work. Maybe one day we will see Unstable Portal into BK into Mechazod dead.

True.

I am pretty sure I've seen Unstable Portal in the one where you used Mage against Mechazod, but I don't recall seeing a Black Knight from it.

3 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

True.

I am pretty sure I've seen Unstable Portal in the one where you used Mage against Mechazod, but I don't recall seeing a Black Knight from it.

Going to have to make sure to spam the brawl next time Mage is available for it!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      It's all about repeat Tavern Brawls and Unstable Portals, as last week we had the Too Many Portals! brawl and this week we have another brawl utilising the same Mage spell.
      This is the second time we see this Tavern Brawl, as it was originally released two years ago. You pick your class and choose seven cards for your deck. The rest of the deck will be filled with Unstable Portals. The pool of your mulligan will consist of the seven cards that you have picked.
      Traditional Mage cards like Mana Wyrm and Flamewaker can be helpful in this Brawl. Rogue also has the tools to cheat out free spells with Counterfeit Coin and Preparation. Lastly, decks with the Barnes and Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound combo seem popular this time.
      Next week we will have a new Tavern Brawl, as part of the Days of the Frozen Throne event!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Secret Paladin deck.
    • By Zadina
      Blizzard and Twitch will collaborate yet again with the Cheering program being available for the finals of the Hearthstone Global Games.
      This is a way to actually support the final 16 HGG teams that will battle it out at BlizzCon 2018. From September 17 through November 14, link your Battle.net account to Twitch and Cheer for your favourite team(s) with Bits. The more your Cheer, the more rewards you will unlock: Twitch emotes, card packs, a special card back and even global rewards.
      You can read more about it below:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      With the top 16 countries and regions in the world identified, it’s time to see which teams will advance to the Hearthstone Global Games (HGG) playoffs at BlizzCon®. Celebrate the journey with HGG Cheer—a new program that allows you to support your favorite teams and unlock rewards in-game and on Twitch along the way!
      From Sept. 17 through Nov. 4, you can support participating HGG teams by Cheering with Bits on Twitch. As you Cheer for a team using their dedicated, custom Cheermote, a portion of the revenue will go back to the players on that team.
      When you Cheer for a team, you’ll also be able to unlock special Twitch emotes and in-game rewards for Hearthstone based on how much you Cheer. In addition to personal rewards, community support can unlock global rewards for everyone who has Cheered as overall milestones are reached.

You’ll be able to see your personal and global progress on the official Hearthstone Twitch channel. HGG supporters can see:
      Your Progress: As you Cheer (for any team), you’ll make progress towards unlocking Twitch emotes and in-game rewards—including card packs and a card back—based on the level of Cheering you’ve done as an individual. Global Progress: Monitor the overall support for HGG and keep track as overall levels of Cheering unlock global rewards for supporters over a minimum level of personal Cheering.
      Here’s how to participate in HGG Cheer and unlock rewards:
      Link your Blizzard account to your Twitch account. Visit the official Hearthstone Twitch channel any time from Sept. 17 through Nov. 4. Select the Cheermote of the team you wish to support, then add the number of Bits you wish to Cheer (plus an optional custom message). Check back in the Tavern once goals are reached to automatically receive your rewards! (The card back will be added in a future Hearthstone update.)   Frequently Asked Questions How much revenue does a team receive when I Cheer for them?
      For each Bit Cheered for an HGG team, that team and Blizzard (as the tournament organizer) receive an equal amount of revenue. The HGG team’s portion is divided evenly among the four team members.
      Which teams are included in HGG Cheer?
      Brazil, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, China, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Spain, Switzerland, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Hong Kong, Portugal, and the United States are included.
      How do I Cheer for a team?
      To Cheer for your team of choice, click on the Bits icon in the corner of the chat window, select that team’s Cheermote, add the number of Bits you want to use, and optionally add a custom message to cheer them on.
      Can I use the regular Cheer command for HGG Cheer?
      No, regular Cheers won’t work for HGG Cheer. You can Cheer for any of the 16 remaining HGG teams using their team-themed Cheermotes.
      I forgot to link my Blizzard Battle.net account before Cheering! Can I still get the items?
      Yes! First, link your Blizzard account to your Twitch account. When you return to the Hearthstone Twitch channel, you’ll see that a “Redeem All” button has appeared. Hit that button to claim your items!
      Where can I watch HGG in my native language?
      You can view HGG in English, Russian, French, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, and Thai.

Everyone, get in here! Support your team in the Hearthstone Global Games and follow them as they chase the trophy at BlizzCon. The program goes live on Sept. 17, so link your accounts, get your Bits, and be ready to start Cheering for HGG!
      (source)
    • By Starym
      The Lich King is back with his various shenanigans and will be hosting next week's Tavern Brawl and more! Featuring the Death Knight heroes and KotFC cards, you'll also be getting a free golden card if you log in from September 19th to the 23rd! There's also 600 gold to be won in 2 special quests and a new bundle with 30 KotFC packs!
      September 19 - 23 (source)
      I, the Lich King will soon return to your pathetic world, mortal whelps!
      I left some belongings at Blizzard Headquarters during my last visit. While I’m in town to pick them up--from September 19 through September 23--you are invited to resurrect the glory of the Knights of the Frozen Throne. . . But better!
      If Knights of the Frozen Throne boggled your mortal minds, brace yourself for: DAYS of the Frozen Throne.
      Next week, I will once again raise Hearthstone’s champions as Death Knights in a brutal new Tavern Brawl! I will also dispose of some gold I don’t want to carry back to Northrend. And if you’re looking for more undead muscle, you can recruit more of my minions to do your bidding for a cool price.
      Behold!

Death Knight Duels
      Prove which of my Death Knights reigns supreme in this chilling Tavern Brawl! You and your opponent will both skip tedious mortality and begin the match as a Death Knight! Each deck also comes appropriately armed with Knights of the Frozen Throne cards.
      Ghouls Play Free
      Log in to Hearthstone during the Days of the Frozen Throne to receive a free golden Happy Ghoul card. Unleash its cuteness on your future opponents. Or disenchant it, like an ungrateful savage.

My Pocket Change
      Complete sequential special quests in order that reward 300 gold each, for a total of 600 gold. My total lack of interest in financial planning is your windfall!
      Warm Your Frozen Heart with More Packs
      Is your frail living body prone to cold? Want more cards from the Hearthstone expansion featuring the most powerful being to have ever un-lived? Do you crave the ferocious might of more Death Knights for your collection? Then acquire the Bundle Up Bundle – 30 Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs for a special price!
      I tire of this prattle. Attend and be rewarded, mortals!

• By Zadina
      The card back for September 2018 is called Dr. Boom's Puzzle Lab.
      The Boomsday Project is in full swing and what better way to celebrate it than with an accompanying card back. You can earn the Dr. Boom's Lab card back by winning 5 Ranked games within September.

It doesn't compare to the August card back, which was great, but it's a good one nonetheless. Good luck everyone!