FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

Guest Straegen

Thanks Blainie and luthix for confirming ill change them over before tonights guild raid then :)

Guest Staregen

Ok so as it was stated jaws of thunder, was a better relic now as opposed to, pack leader and as previously stated, my rekics were the exact same ilevel id be swapping over, i went ahead and equipped all jaws of thunder relics as opposed to pack leader relics, thing is my dps has gone down on simulation craft, not by much hardly anything really but i would have expected it to go up, heres a summary of my current simluation craft dps

Dps with 3 pack leader relics equipped = 828719

Dps with 3 jaws of thunder relics equipped= 828199

So it appears by equipping the 'better' relics, i now have gained a dps loss albeit a very small one.

Just to let people know.

Guest Straegen

Ok so not sure if my last comment was lost or still in transit in any event my new dps results are as follows bearing in mind no relic item level has changed.

Dps with 3x pack leader relics equipped = 828719

Dps with 3x jaws of thunder relics equipped= 828199

so in my case equiping the better relics has given me a dps loss albeit a very small one.

5 hours ago, Guest Staregen said:

Ok so as it was stated jaws of thunder, was a better relic now as opposed to, pack leader and as previously stated, my rekics were the exact same ilevel id be swapping over, i went ahead and equipped all jaws of thunder relics as opposed to pack leader relics, thing is my dps has gone down on simulation craft, not by much hardly anything really but i would have expected it to go up, heres a summary of my current simluation craft dps

Dps with 3 pack leader relics equipped = 828719

Dps with 3 jaws of thunder relics equipped= 828199

So it appears by equipping the 'better' relics, i now have gained a dps loss albeit a very small one.

Just to let people know.

Are you running the most up-to-date version of simulationcraft? That can be the defining factor.

• Like 1

Hey all,

Just a quick question!

How is the "Human" racial the top for Alliance playing Beast Mastery?, when the "Gnome" has haste?

Cheers guys I just don't understand why it's the top.

Goth :)

Edited by Gothrix
Typos

Guest Straegen
On 21/06/2017 at 3:26 PM, Luthixx said:

Are you running the most up-to-date version of simulationcraft? That can be the defining factor.

Hi the simulation craft used, ie its version is to my knowledge the most recent version 720-02

10 hours ago, Guest Straegen said:

Hi the simulation craft used, ie its version is to my knowledge the most recent version 720-02

Go onto their website and download the latest nightly build. 720-02 refers to patch 7.2 - there's one there that should be at least 725-01 which is up to date for patch 7.2.5

Guest Straegen
58 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Go onto their website and download the latest nightly build. 720-02 refers to patch 7.2 - there's one there that should be at least 725-01 which is up to date for patch 7.2.5

Will do thaks :)

Guest Straegen

Yeah new simulation craft seems to make a lot more sence now, and ive bookmarked that link luthix so thanks for supplying it , with a few trinket changes, as i assumed the darkmoon crit trinket at 900 and being someone that runs the 'crit build', would be useful for it my new dps via simulation craft is now

Interestingly whilst playing about with trinket choices, i had a choice between a 910 'versatilty' stat trinket and a 890 'mastery' stat trinket, i  thought the mastery one albeit lower ilevell would be way more beneficial to bm spec in light of pet damage increase, but it sims lower so ill just take simulation crafts word for it, but thanks again

:)

4 hours ago, Guest Straegen said:

Yeah new simulation craft seems to make a lot more sence now, and ive bookmarked that link luthix so thanks for supplying it , with a few trinket changes, as i assumed the darkmoon crit trinket at 900 and being someone that runs the 'crit build', would be useful for it my new dps via simulation craft is now

Interestingly whilst playing about with trinket choices, i had a choice between a 910 'versatilty' stat trinket and a 890 'mastery' stat trinket, i  thought the mastery one albeit lower ilevell would be way more beneficial to bm spec in light of pet damage increase, but it sims lower so ill just take simulation crafts word for it, but thanks again

:)

Yeah the darkmoon crit trinket is quite a lot better now than it was previously.

Stat sticks are down mostly to the agi, with 20 ilvls you'll probably find that the agi and the flat damage to everything from versa will end up better than mastery. Noting too that with the zoo build, cobra shot deals quite a lot of your dps, more than it ever used to, so versa is slightly better than it used to be.

@Blainie @Azortharion 

I'm actually finding that the Tarnished Sentinel's Medallion sims significantly lower than the Cradle of Anguish in all circumstances, and it seems that's the case with all the other trinkets in ToS. Something worth considering to update the guide with I think. From the sims I've done on my character and with several other item combinations, Cradle of Anguish and Engine of Eradication provide the highest dps by far.

19 hours ago, Guest Cheereque said:

So about the legendaries, i feel that i'm struggling on damage using The Mantle of Command and  Roar of the Seven Lions against plp with  Roar of the Seven Lions and Call of the Wild (with CoF) or The Apex Predator's Claw, is it a rotation problem or The Mantle of Command isnt that good atm?

CoF & Call of the Wild is a really strong combo atm, definitely has the potential for more dps than the shoulders if your procs are good.

Mantle will always pull ahead of Apex purely because it applies to all your pet damage as opposed to your main pet. It's still one of the top three legendaries, but it also depends on what item you're swapping out. If you have an 860 crit/versa ring you're trading for the Apex ring as opposed to 925 haste/mastery shoulders there's going to be a noticeable difference.

Guest Gooding

The chart in 4.1 is confusing to me, the A/C refers to the suramar set, but what do the gear slots mentioned after reference?  I'm not sure about most of the abbreviations to be honest.  Thanks in advance!

Guest Gothrix
On 2017-6-22 at 0:56 PM, Gothrix said:

Hey all,

Just a quick question!

How is the "Human" racial the top for Alliance playing Beast Mastery?, when the "Gnome" has haste?

Cheers guys I just don't understand why it's the top.

Goth :)

Can anyone help :)

47 minutes ago, sharbani said:

Hi I have 2 Questions:

1. Should we be trying to equip 2 legos from T1 or one from T1 and T2?

2.  Is it viable to use Soul of the HuntmasterSoul of the Huntmaster and Roar of the Seven LionsRoar of the Seven Lions to gain  T19 -2 Set & T20 - 4set
vs equipping The Mantle of CommandThe Mantle of Command and Parsel's TongueParsel's Tongue?

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums!

1. Yes, ideally if you want to move into DF/BF build you want chest/belt so two items from T1.

2. Yes, definitely a viable (and very strong!) combo to run with the Stomp build!

Guest Mantle & Roots

I was looking over the legendary spreadsheet and noticed that mantle + roar is not on there anywhere.  Is this an oversight (since it isn't even listed with horrible dps value) or are we no longer supposed to consider using those 2 together?

10 hours ago, Guest Mantle & Roots said:

I was looking over the legendary spreadsheet and noticed that mantle + roar is not on there anywhere.  Is this an oversight (since it isn't even listed with horrible dps value) or are we no longer supposed to consider using those 2 together?

It is under there, it's just directly under Voodoo + Mantle. 113,505 dps as opposed to 145,061 from Roar + Parsel's - both are strong choices but Parsel's will come out ahead.

Guest Mantle & Roots

Thaks Luthixx, i had to zoom the image very far out to show all the titles on the left, at my default zoom level I was only seeing every other title on left side.

Guest MTK

Thanks for the guide!  It's been a big help for my raiding alt.

Why does the current version of the trinket spreadsheet not show the 880 ilvl for trinkets such as Ursoc's?  Currently only Arcanocrystal is represented under 890.  Bloodthirsty Instinct is attainable through Relinquished and is very likely to be 880.  Particularly early on in the tier, before many have attained good, high ilvl Tomb trinkets (and AS they attain team), it can be good to see a general at-a-glance indication of where it sits.  Obviously simming oneself is better, but the stacked trinket bar is still a fairly useful at-a-glance summary.  Please consider including the 880 ilvl for older trinkets.

So, I'm kind of confused.  lately I have been running ToS normal, i have 2 items which would give me 2p of the new Tier.. hands and head, they are only 900.  I also have been using the legendary sholders and belt and running Dire Frenzy instead of stomp.   I recently got the new Ring Soul of the Huntmaster.   should i use it and go stomp build , if so do i drop the sholders or belt?   those 2 seem to be BiS and the ring is only if u use the stomp, but not sure which Legendary to drop when i equip the ring.    I know sims play a role but i kind of wanted some details on using the new ring and which legendary i should pair it with (shoulders or belt) .   or just bank the ring for now. ?   thanks for the input/help.    also, is it worth droping the old 4pc from NH to go 2pc ToS and 2pc NH ?  

3 hours ago, Wigett said:

So, I'm kind of confused.  lately I have been running ToS normal, i have 2 items which would give me 2p of the new Tier.. hands and head, they are only 900.  I also have been using the legendary sholders and belt and running Dire Frenzy instead of stomp.   I recently got the new Ring Soul of the Huntmaster.   should i use it and go stomp build , if so do i drop the sholders or belt?   those 2 seem to be BiS and the ring is only if u use the stomp, but not sure which Legendary to drop when i equip the ring.    I know sims play a role but i kind of wanted some details on using the new ring and which legendary i should pair it with (shoulders or belt) .   or just bank the ring for now. ?   thanks for the input/help.    also, is it worth droping the old 4pc from NH to go 2pc ToS and 2pc NH ?  

Old 4pc is around the same as new 2pc if you go 2+2, but if you go 2+4 T19 + T20 it works well.

If you want to run the stomp build drop the shoulders for the ring, but only if you have 35% crit. Not worth running zoo build without. 

On 6/23/2017 at 5:22 AM, Luthixx said:

I'm actually finding that the Tarnished Sentinel's Medallion sims significantly lower than the Cradle of Anguish in all circumstances, and it seems that's the case with all the other trinkets in ToS. Something worth considering to update the guide with I think. From the sims I've done on my character and with several other item combinations, Cradle of Anguish and Engine of Eradication provide the highest dps by far.

Here's some updates about the Cradle of Anguish.

It sims the highest because it's the largest statstick, but you drop all stacks if your health goes below 50%, and you need to go up to 80% to recharge them. Here are some logs.

Heroic Maiden: The stacks are immediately lost every single time I had to soak a hammer. The uptime is still fairly decent, but not great.

Heroic Avatar: Phase 1 is great, soaking doesn't break it if the group does it correctly. However, the stacks were crushed in phase 2.

Heroic Kil'Jaeden (this is a wipe, we didn't kill him): Soaking drops the stacks, and there's so much soaking on this fight I stopped using the Cradle.

Uptime was much better on the previous bosses. Hydra Shot didn't break it most of the time, but those bosses were farm for my group, and this is heroic, not mythic.

So I would say Cradle is the strongest trinket for farm, but not for progression. Maybe fights where there is little soaking to do can still be used for mythic, but it's unlikely.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

Guest Straegen

Heya a question primarily for Azorthorian, in light of the simulation craft bug which has now been fixed and shows stomp build identical with dire frenzy now, will you be updating your guide to reflect this? also im yet to meet a mm hunter that can do more dps than me, is this still the optimal raiding spec? many thanks