FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

On 12/7/2017 at 7:07 PM, Guest DrakanFire said:

Waiting on Azor answer but I’ll continue to sim myself.

This was Azor's answer:

The T21 2pc doesn't affect anything significantly. The same builds remain the best.

Hope this clears it up/confirms what's best to do.

18 hours ago, Guest DrakanFire said:

Unfortunately leggo boots are my last BM leggos to get. 

So far my sims tell me Prydaz and Soul are my leggo choices and Killer Cobra edging out AotB by 8k. 

Prydaz is a really really strong stat-stick and great for prog fights. If it sims higher definitely run with it!

I've just switched over to Killer Cobra and Roar/Soul myself as I got T21 2pc

On 15/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, Blainie said:

The general response for this question is basically - it depends. It sucks, but it's the truth. The swap doesn't just depend on your Crit and Mastery levels, but Haste and Versatility too.

nothing in BM depends on versatility. nothing. no matter what crit, mastery, haste you have its still better to stack more then going from 0 to 1% versatility. 

On 05/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, Guest Eckel said:

Hello... Seems like everyone is recommending the Zoo build now. Not sure if this is going to come out correctly, but at what crit strike % should zoo build be chosen over mastery (Dire frenzy) build?

Not the question. DF wins out in some cases when the Hunter does not have sufficient T19/T/20 or T21. 

If your T19 isnt high enough going into T21, and you where wearing all T20 there is a chance DF wwould be good. 

If your T20 wasnt high enough and your just wearing T21 there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

If you decided to go for mastery rings/neck/bracer/belt there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

If you are wearing leggo that are in a tier slot there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

In the end thou it does not matter, DF is simming subpar.  With the same ilevel and the proper gear zoo would do more dps. 

15 hours ago, Banard said:

Not the question. DF wins out in some cases when the Hunter does not have sufficient T19/T/20 or T21. 

If your T19 isnt high enough going into T21, and you where wearing all T20 there is a chance DF wwould be good. 

If your T20 wasnt high enough and your just wearing T21 there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

If you decided to go for mastery rings/neck/bracer/belt there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

If you are wearing leggo that are in a tier slot there is a chance DF would be ideal. 

In the end thou it does not matter, DF is simming subpar.  With the same ilevel and the proper gear zoo would do more dps. 

TBH there is almost no case where DF wins out. 

I can have 25, 25, and 95% ish stat weights with roar and parsels or roar and soul and DF is still about 40k lower than stomp. 

I've honestly yet to see an example where DF is the better setup. Granted, if it's sustained continuous cleave it could provide better dps than zoo if you've not got T19 anymore, but there are no bosses where that is the case. 

Zoo build allll the way!

The website recommends zoo build and so would every good hunter.

5 hours ago, Luthixx said:

TBH there is almost no case where DF wins out. 

I have scene a few but it was due to the  crappy gear choices and not by a huge margin. 1-2 proper upgrades and zoo would win out again.  

Edited by Banard

Is it possible to get the Dire Frenzy Crucible relic weights put back up for those of us that prefer to run that build because we sim higher with DF over Zoo?

Edited by GoKartMozart

Guest DFJ

So i know Bis can vary and the list is sposed to be a rough guide but it's showing the Dire frenzy boots when Zoo is siming the best can anyone clarify for me?

1 hour ago, Guest DFJ said:

So i know Bis can vary and the list is sposed to be a rough guide but it's showing the Dire frenzy boots when Zoo is siming the best can anyone clarify for me?

There are no DF boots, if you're talking about Qa'pla, all the effect mentioned on the item means that the effect applies to DF if that's your chosen talent rather than stomp for Dire Beast.

Guest DFJ
10 hours ago, Luthixx said:

There are no DF boots, if you're talking about Qa'pla, all the effect mentioned on the item means that the effect applies to DF if that's your chosen talent rather than stomp for Dire Beast.

Oh! I feel dumb ? thanks for clarifying ?

On 12/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, Banard said:

nothing in BM depends on versatility. nothing. no matter what crit, mastery, haste you have its still better to stack more then going from 0 to 1% versatility. 

The user was not only asking about changing the build, but their gems and enchants being swapped as well. Versatility levels are 100% going to impact the stat weights when changing your gems and enchants. If what you say here is true, then Versatility will have a 0 weight in every sim. This isn't true. It's even above Haste for some characters. 

On 12/14/2017 at 8:10 AM, Blainie said:

The user was not only asking about changing the build, but their gems and enchants being swapped as well. Versatility levels are 100% going to impact the stat weights when changing your gems and enchants. If what you say here is true, then Versatility will have a 0 weight in every sim. This isn't true. It's even above Haste for some characters. 

but when you switch one item out for the other it drops to the bottom and the original item would sim more.  Further, there are issues and always will be issues regarding haste and sim. The proper value of versatility for BM hunter is 0. 

which it will never be because our best trinkets have pure stats.  Or we are stuck with it on 1 or 2 pieces of tier. 

Edited by Banard

So I got a 940 caged horror.  It's not in the trinket list.  is there a mechanism for adding it?  (I think it's a POS based on my pushing it in to my sim)

Yeah, maybe they just left it off because it sims 25k less than a 945 Oakhearts' Fallen Root (all vers), and Oakhearts' is at the bottom of the list....

Edited by Eyeroll

22 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

So I got a 940 caged horror.  It's not in the trinket list.  is there a mechanism for adding it?  (I think it's a POS based on my pushing it in to my sim)

Yeah, maybe they just left it off because it sims 25k less than a 945 Oakhearts' Fallen Root (all vers), and Oakhearts' is at the bottom of the list....

It's absolutely dreadful, it's why it's not on the list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

It's absolutely dreadful, it's why it's not on the list.

Turning it into gold, next login.

17 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

Turning it into gold, next login.

It's sad to have to do it, but at least you get some use out of it!

Hi there,

Recently you guys updated the crucible values on BM hunter's guide https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-netherlight-crucible-relic-paths-weights but I can't find the import string for CrucibleWeight addon? In the change log at the bottom of the page, it says 

• 09 Oct. 2017: Added CrucibleWeight Addon import strings for Netherlight Crucible Trait values.

And I remember there used to be a string that I imported for addon a while back but its nowhere to be found now. Where to get the import string and would you be adding those strings for all four different builds?

Thanks!

On 2/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, TheOtherOne said:

And I remember there used to be a string that I imported for addon a while back but its nowhere to be found now. Where to get the import string and would you be adding those strings for all four different builds?

Thanks!

I believe the string was removed in favour of the values that are now present.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:40 AM, Blainie said:

I believe the string was removed in favour of the values that are now present.

That string was for the NetherCrucible Addon which basically added the values into the addon window ingame. They could've just updated the values in string too rather than removing it.

17 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

That string was for the NetherCrucible Addon which basically added the values into the addon window ingame. They could've just updated the values in string too rather than removing it.

AFAIK, the string for the addon was removed because the upgrades it suggested ended up being wrong/misleading as opposed to checking it yourself, along with simming it on RaidBots.

Guest Kanyequest

Regarding the survivability leggos:

I'm not sure how Prydaz prevents more damage than Roots, at least in theory.

Prydaz offers a 25% shield every 30 seconds, which comes out to about 0.83% per second.

Roots, on the other hand, gives the blanket 3% per second after the first second.  Now, it does, of course have the added requirement of needing to stand still, but aside from that, would it not effectively recover 87% over 30 seconds under ideal conditions?

25% over 30 seconds is obviously not as much as 87% over 30 seconds.

13 hours ago, Guest Kanyequest said:

Regarding the survivability leggos:

I'm not sure how Prydaz prevents more damage than Roots, at least in theory.

Prydaz offers a 25% shield every 30 seconds, which comes out to about 0.83% per second.

Roots, on the other hand, gives the blanket 3% per second after the first second.  Now, it does, of course have the added requirement of needing to stand still, but aside from that, would it not effectively recover 87% over 30 seconds under ideal conditions?

Prydaz acts as a shield, meaning if you have 6m hp and get 1.5m extra from prydaz, you can take a 7.4m hit and still be alive. Whereas with roots, you can heal through small damage with ease, but you can't take bigger hits. 

Roots is the best for self healing, but prydaz is the best for damage reduction particularly in raids purely to the ability to take an additional hit or a larger hit without dying. I can't tell you how many times I've died on prog bosses by less than a 50k overkill.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, Guest Kanyequest said:

I'd like to add a few things to what Luthixx said above:

• Prydaz is, as he says, a shield. It is, with lack of a better word, unstoppable. Regardless of what is happening around you, you will, without fail, always receive the shield every 30 seconds.
  • Roots is what I'd call, dependent. It relies on so many things to function properly that it ends up, at least in some environments, much worse. Take these examples:
    • You are being healed by another player. If they heal before Roots can, which will likely happen, you might have the Roots buff, but it will just overheal because you are already at max.
    • You take no damage, which means the Roots effect is useless.
    • You have to move constantly, which means the Roots effect never procs.
    • You take a large hit which instant kills you, which means the Roots effect does nothing.
    • You take multiple smaller, but still large hits, which only allows one or two ticks from Roots before you die from the last hit.
    • You have any kind of healing absorb only you, such as from Vari, so the effect does nothing.
    • MASSIVE problem also is that, with almost every mechanic in the game, standing still is when you take the least damage. Almost every mechanic in the game is "move away from the bad stuff", which means that when you are moving, you are going to be moving from damage, right? When you are standing still, you are either taking considerable damage which Roots can't heal through alone or you are standing still because you are "safe".

Roots is just such a weird legendary and, as you can tell, I really despise it. In a vacuum, it's better than Pryd. In almost every real situation, Pryd is better.

Guest Shen

I'm trying to get Elvui through Twitch mods section, but it looks like there's over 20 different ones.  Do I need everything Elvui or is there a base set of them I should look to get?