Damien

Restoration Shaman 7.3

113 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Restoration Shaman guide for Legion.

#showtooltip Earthgrab Totem
/Cast Earthgrab Totem
/stopcasting
/click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton

works fine press it one time : Cast it
Press it a 2nd time: Cancel it 

Spells section:

1. Chain Heal jump distance: 15 yards (proof blue post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=2#31)

2. Healing Rain - 20 yards? 10 yards according to wowhead

3. The sentence Tidal Waves reduces the cast time of your Healing Wave or the Critical Strike chance of your next Healing Surge by 52%” looks weird.

Tidal Waves increases by 40% crit chance on Healing Surge (by tooltip) and may increase it up to 58% depending on talents/traits.

4. The tooltip for Healing Surge is wrong: Enhancement shaman tooltip was used instead of Resto and they are different.

5. That’s right that Resurgence refunds some small part of your mana from direct heal Crits, but it was tested on Beta extensively  and found ineffective to be focused on (in very rough numbers for 4 min. raid fight you get about 2.1M mana from the basic regen, 162K from a mana  potion and between 240-300K mana from Resurgence depending on talents/traits you took).

Link:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=9#170

6. Spirit Link Totem has a 10 yard range not 20.

7. Spiritwalker’s Grace tooltip with added Graceful Spirit is wrong in the Graceful Spirit part.

This is the right tooltip.

Talents section:

The picture for Tier 7 (in V and X parts) is different from the suggestions. On the picture it’s V for Ascendance and ?? for WS and HT but in suggestions it’s V for WS in general use and V for HT in raids.

Stats priority section:

There’s no Spirit anymore so it can't be a part of stat prio.

There is still a lot of data in this section describing the importance of Spirit and gear choices based on it.

Haste was always much more important than Crit (I can’t believe that after all these years there are still people that put Crit before Haste). It adds additional ticks to our totems and HoTs - it’s a constant passive healing gain without relying on procs and chances.

Crit is an unreliable stat for a healer, especially for a resto shaman with the Mastery based on target’s HP. “Deep” healer shouldn’t play a lottery game of “I got a crit proc and topped them from 20%HP to full” or “I didn’t get a crit proc and they died while I was hectically casting with no procs”.

Secondary stats scaling:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=6#105

I wouldn't insist that all written in the provided links are 100% right and set in stone but there are a lot of logs for those who want to check things by themselves, same as some maths and blue posts.

7 hours ago, Pandacho said:

Spells section:

1. Chain Heal jump distance: 15 yards (proof blue post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=2#31)

2. Healing Rain - 20 yards? 10 yards according to wowhead

3. The sentence Tidal Waves reduces the cast time of your Healing Wave or the Critical Strike chance of your next Healing Surge by 52%” looks weird.

Tidal Waves increases by 40% crit chance on Healing Surge (by tooltip) and may increase it up to 58% depending on talents/traits.

4. The tooltip for Healing Surge is wrong: Enhancement shaman tooltip was used instead of Resto and they are different.

5. That’s right that Resurgence refunds some small part of your mana from direct heal Crits, but it was tested on Beta extensively  and found ineffective to be focused on (in very rough numbers for 4 min. raid fight you get about 2.1M mana from the basic regen, 162K from a mana  potion and between 240-300K mana from Resurgence depending on talents/traits you took).

Link:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=9#170

6. Spirit Link Totem has a 10 yard range not 20.

7. Spiritwalker’s Grace tooltip with added Graceful Spirit is wrong in the Graceful Spirit part.

This is the right tooltip.

Talents section:

The picture for Tier 7 (in V and X parts) is different from the suggestions. On the picture it’s V for Ascendance and ?? for WS and HT but in suggestions it’s V for WS in general use and V for HT in raids.

Stats priority section:

There’s no Spirit anymore so it can't be a part of stat prio.

There is still a lot of data in this section describing the importance of Spirit and gear choices based on it.

Haste was always much more important than Crit (I can’t believe that after all these years there are still people that put Crit before Haste). It adds additional ticks to our totems and HoTs - it’s a constant passive healing gain without relying on procs and chances.

Crit is an unreliable stat for a healer, especially for a resto shaman with the Mastery based on target’s HP. “Deep” healer shouldn’t play a lottery game of “I got a crit proc and topped them from 20%HP to full” or “I didn’t get a crit proc and they died while I was hectically casting with no procs”.

Secondary stats scaling:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743726125?page=6#105

I wouldn't insist that all written in the provided links are 100% right and set in stone but there are a lot of logs for those who want to check things by themselves, same as some maths and blue posts.

Hey, I appreciate the feedback. Not all of it is accurate, for example, Healing Rain is a 20-yard diameter as stated in the guide. It heals targets within 10 yards of you, which is called the radius of a circle. For the stuff that's a little off though I'll get on it as soon as I can! The tooltip stuff is particularly confusing in the prepatch, but I'm sure it will all be ironed out ASAP.

1 hour ago, Furty said:

Hey, I appreciate the feedback. Not all of it is accurate, for example, Healing Rain is a 20-yard diameter as stated in the guide. It heals targets within 10 yards of you, which is called the radius of a circle. 

What I meant about the Healing Rain, it's more of a wording used: the current wording made me a bit uncomfortable and logging in to Beta to check the actual areas for HR and SLT. For Spirit Link it's stated clearly in the tooltip that it works within 10 yards and while I know that HR has exactly the same diameter, it makes a person wonder about 10y and 20y even that technically it's all correct and the difference is between 'within' and 'diameter'. 

Spoiler

4oK7ktx.jpg

You need to double check the info you have for the 'person' who 'wrote' this guide. The link for Furty of Serenity, is a Demonology Warlock, not a Restoration Shaman.

21 hours ago, Vyncent said:

You need to double check the info you have for the 'person' who 'wrote' this guide. The link for Furty of Serenity, is a Demonology Warlock, not a Restoration Shaman.

That does not mean that he cannot write a respectable guide for Restoration Shamans.

Will this be updated soon? I would really like to see if there will be any changes to the first tier talent with the recent changes to Unleash Life getting an increase in its initial healing.

10 hours ago, Totempowa said:

Will this be updated soon? I would really like to see if there will be any changes to the first tier talent with the recent changes to Unleash Life getting an increase in its initial healing.

Getting a full facelift for Legion, mostly with a focus on progression raiding with some commentary on the new Mythic+ dungeons. Also expect an Artifact discussion with an optimal path laid out.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 3:11 PM, Orthios said:

That does not mean that he cannot write a respectable guide for Restoration Shamans.

Agreed, especially with many people having alts, however, a lot of people like being able to view the Armoury of the person who wrote the review and would find it to be a bit confusing to be directed to a warlock profile. I do not question Furty's knowledge or skill.  I just point out that the link would be more beneficial if it lead to a Shaman profile.

Hi, great guide just a quick question, when is a good time to use berserking for a troll? with bloodlust or just when needed? 

33 minutes ago, Guest Whatislove said:

Hi, great guide just a quick question, when is a good time to use berserking for a troll? with bloodlust or just when needed? 

Whenever you feel like it will benefit you most. Varies from fight to fight.

Hello friends, I would like to ask which stat si more important if haste or crit. I read Furty's basic guid where was written that crit is more important then haste. On the other hand Pandacho is saing that haste is better than crit. For me makes haste much more sence cause it's consistent (extra tick of hots)  compare to crit which is more random. Also I would like to ask if there is already math about haste caps. Thanks a lot for your answers. 

55 minutes ago, Guest Falstad said:

Hello friends, I would like to ask which stat si more important if haste or crit. I read Furty's basic guid where was written that crit is more important then haste. On the other hand Pandacho is saing that haste is better than crit. For me makes haste much more sence cause it's consistent (extra tick of hots)  compare to crit which is more random. Also I would like to ask if there is already math about haste caps. Thanks a lot for your answers. 

Crit is generally more valuable for raids. The mana return specifically pushes it ahead though there are other obvious benefits. In situations where you can drink often, such as dungeons, Haste is a little more valuable than usual, but this isn't touched on much here as this guide is tailored for raiding Shamans.

8 minutes ago, Guest arrrrg said:

Hey! I was wondering if there is a cap for mastery? Im sitting on 101% at the moment, and 21% crit. 

No, there isn't. Mastery is better earlier in the progression cycle, however, as members of your raid are much more likely to be low on health. If you're not part of a Mythic raiding guild it might be good to put some additional focus on Haste and Crit as this will also be beneficial for dungeons.

On 8.9.2016 at 9:36 AM, Guest Neha said:

Do you by chance have accurate up to date stat weights available? If so could you add it to your guide.

Thanks

Stat weights can be obtained through SimCraft, but can vary depending on your character. For healers, it's a bit more difficult.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:19 AM, Vyncent said:

Agreed, especially with many people having alts, however, a lot of people like being able to view the Armoury of the person who wrote the review and would find it to be a bit confusing to be directed to a warlock profile. I do not question Furty's knowledge or skill.  I just point out that the link would be more beneficial if it lead to a Shaman profile.

Plz pardon the possible necro.

I'm afraid I must agree w/Vyncent. I find it very confusing if the profile of the author is a different class than the subject being written about.

Grey

11 hours ago, Guest Brothergrey said:

I'm afraid I must agree w/Vyncent. I find it very confusing if the profile of the author is a different class than the subject being written about.

Grey

We'll see what we can do. The problem is often, however, that the players such as Furty that review multiple guides will raid on what is needed. If his guild does not require a Resto Shaman, for example, people might see a character that could be classed as "inactive", since he hadn't moved into Mythic on that character yet. 

We had this problem in the past where people felt that a reviewer wasn't qualified to write the guide, since they hadn't fully cleared a raid on that character. In reality, their guild simply did not need that class for early progression, instead only using it at very specific times.

Anyway, we'll see what we can do!

On 9/10/2016 at 7:21 PM, Guest Brothergrey said:

Grey

Just curious why the armory itself would be of benefit. I'm a little confused why this is confusing. Since all the pertinent info is in the guide itself and the armory is basically broken right now maybe it would be less "confusing" to not include an armory link at all?

On 9/7/2016 at 4:46 PM, Guest Falstad said:

There were a lot of logs from Beta raid tests showing a miserable amount of mana return from Crit, so while there are no fresh live raid logs that show different, I would stay with my opinion regarding Haste > Crit.

I find a bit doubtful a reference to Crit as to serious/main source of mana return, rather than a standard reference 'makes your healing spells crit'.

On 9/10/2016 at 1:17 PM, Blainie said:

Stat weights can be obtained through SimCraft, but can vary depending on your character. For healers, it's a bit more difficult.

Can't get SimCraft to work for this toon.

Player Neha's role (spell) or spec(restoration) isn't supported yet.

I will post sin SimCraft support as well. Just trying to get ballpark weights for now then.

1 hour ago, Guest Neha said:

Can't get SimCraft to work for this toon.

Player Neha's role (spell) or spec(restoration) isn't supported yet.

I will post sin SimCraft support as well. Just trying to get ballpark weights for now then.

Healers in general are not supported in SimCraft, as it's very hard to model the damage intake for a given fight.  Every tank takes incoming damage differently, compounded by the fact that every fight has a different damage output style (bursty raid damage, high tank damage, steady damage, etc). 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.