FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 7.3

Guest GenBag

Hey, i'm no expert, but i'm almost sure there is no relic for Souldrinker actually. Yes of course it'd be strong, you know, like a relic for the hungering maw, or any other gold trait actually :).

19 minutes ago, Guest GenBag said:

Hey, i'm no expert, but i'm almost sure there is no relic for Souldrinker actually. Yes of course it'd be strong, you know, like a relic for the hungering maw, or any other gold trait actually :).

I believe the intent of this section was basically to suggest any relic that contributes to that effect - this means anything that increases Stamina, max HP, healing from Death Strike etc.

I'll ask for it to be clarified.

Guest GenBag
On 14/04/2017 at 11:10 AM, Blainie said:

I believe the intent of this section was basically to suggest any relic that contributes to that effect - this means anything that increases Stamina, max HP, healing from Death Strike etc.

I'll ask for it to be clarified.

Fair enough. But hey, the stam trait is not that amazing, and well, the +heal on DS trait isn't upgradable w/ relics either ^^

One thing I wanted to note, for this guide and for all tank guides, is that in the addon section it recommends Omen. Now I still think threat meters are important, currently omen looks abandoned and is broken to all hell. I think they should be updated at this point to maybe reflect this and suggest alternatives like an extra skada or details window

12 hours ago, Guest GenBag said:

Fair enough. But hey, the stam trait is not that amazing, and well, the +heal on DS trait isn't upgradable w/ relics either ^^

I've asked for a different priority to be added, so I believe the writer is working on that currently. Sorry for the delay!

10 hours ago, Bishop said:

One thing I wanted to note, for this guide and for all tank guides, is that in the addon section it recommends Omen. Now I still think threat meters are important, currently omen looks abandoned and is broken to all hell. I think they should be updated at this point to maybe reflect this and suggest alternatives like an extra skada or details window

Will ask for this to be updated. Thanks!

Guest Deathnight

Why does haste still the goto stat all the way when marrowrend already gives 10% haste? Like in enchant and gems, all suggestion is haste heavy. Don't we give a little bit to vers/crit in those regards? Assuming all gear is haste heavy already.

12 hours ago, Guest Deathnight said:

Why does haste still the goto stat all the way when marrowrend already gives 10% haste? Like in enchant and gems, all suggestion is haste heavy. Don't we give a little bit to vers/crit in those regards? Assuming all gear is haste heavy already.

The stat priority doesn't mean you should have gear that has 100% Haste on it. In obtaining Haste gear, you will also obtain a fair amount of the other stats, since every piece of gear has 2+ stats on it that you should be using.

Guest Deathnight
9 hours ago, Blainie said:

The stat priority doesn't mean you should have gear that has 100% Haste on it. In obtaining Haste gear, you will also obtain a fair amount of the other stats, since every piece of gear has 2+ stats on it that you should be using.

I was asking more on the gems, enchant and food part actually. Like if i already got gear with haste in them, dont i switch my gems, enchant and food to maybe to the other stats because marrowrend already gives 10% haste? 

8 hours ago, Guest Deathnight said:

I was asking more on the gems, enchant and food part actually. Like if i already got gear with haste in them, dont i switch my gems, enchant and food to maybe to the other stats because marrowrend already gives 10% haste? 

I would still use Haste consumables/gems, mainly since the priority will change as the stats get added - essentially, if you were to have a crazy amount of Haste, with multiple single-stat Haste items etc., you would see Haste drop in your priority pretty quickly until you get some of the other stats. Because the gear you obtain has 2 stats on it each time, Haste will balance itself out at the top again, allowing you to push for Haste on your gems/food etc.

I would recommend sticking with Haste on consumables and such, and if this changes with the higher item level gear in ToS, we'll make sure to update it :)

5 minutes ago, Rudy199 said:

Always wondered if versatility increases death strike healing?

Yep.

Guest Khades

How much Haste is too much haste though? Currently sit at 34% Haste. With bone shield up I have about 47%. At certain point does Versatility become more important?

5 hours ago, Guest Khades said:

How much Haste is too much haste though? Currently sit at 34% Haste. With bone shield up I have about 47%. At certain point does Versatility become more important?

The thing is, you'll basically be stacking Haste until you are comfortable with the rotation survivability-wise. Once you have reached that point, you'll perhaps itemise more for DPS, where Haste is still the #1 stat. You essentially just need to stack Haste until you are comfortable with the rotation and it feels fluid, so that you aren't waiting on runes etc.

Guest anontimes07

idk bout thread but theorycrafting question. Could you abuse the blood mirror talent on bosses? Intentionally taking a nuke while applied on boss sounds like dmg translated to me.

17 minutes ago, Guest anontimes07 said:

idk bout thread but theorycrafting question. Could you abuse the blood mirror talent on bosses? Intentionally taking a nuke while applied on boss sounds like dmg translated to me.

in general your perspective is correct. If you know a boss well and are comfy with your personal mitigation and survival  blood mirror can be a very strong single target dps increase for blood. now its only 20% of the damage you take but certainly a full power fel scythe from guldan is going to do some nice recoil damage. its also fairly nice for solo content when fighting rares especially with the whole ilvl scaling thing now. 

So blood dks as far as tanks goes do low dps (i mean we are tanks but ...) and blood mirror is a nice dps increase and a fine choice for solo content and if you feel comfy you aren't going to die. However, only take it if you are really certain you can make use of it, a dead tank is not a useful tank. 

• Like 1

Guest Level 100 talents

Hi,

I think you may want to change a bit the lvl 100 talents description. While purgatory is preferred all the way through HM NH, you may prefer Blood Mirror for mythic progression, because we are very bad tanks, so that's one more CD, and you can't say no to that :)

Guest Khades

Is the legendary list a strict ranking from good to bad? I'm trying to choose between Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and Lana'thel's Lament. Prydaz is listed as 4th but Lana'thel's says it's right behind the top 3.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, Guest Level 100 talents said:

Hi,

I think you may want to change a bit the lvl 100 talents description. While purgatory is preferred all the way through HM NH, you may prefer Blood Mirror for mythic progression, because we are very bad tanks, so that's one more CD, and you can't say no to that :)

This will basically just end up depending on what you are fighting and how well you can actually utilise Blood Mirror. I'd actually prefer Purg over BM for progression, since it's less likely that you are predicting damage accurately on fights that you are still progressing. You might end up wasting the cooldown much more often while you are still unsure of when to use it.

• Like 1

Guest Sokre
On 5/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, Guest Khades said:

Is the legendary list a strict ranking from good to bad? I'm trying to choose between Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and Lana'thel's Lament. Prydaz is listed as 4th but Lana'thel's says it's right behind the top 3.

I also want to know. I have Gorefiend, Lana, and Sephuz.

Guest Jvmadsen

Weapon buff ?

Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle, armor and all stats by 5%

Rune of the fallen Crusader "a chance to"

Are there someone, that can tell me just quick why you want to run with fallen crusader insted of stoneskin ?

1 hour ago, Guest Jvmadsen said:

Weapon buff ?

Are there someone, that can tell me just quick why you want to run with fallen crusader insted of stoneskin ?

Crusader for content your comfy with, its great healing and strength , stoneskin for content that is crushing you or your under geared for. 

Go Crusader for most stuff. 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:32 AM, Guest Jvmadsen said:

Weapon buff ?

Crusader works out to around 70% uptime, and every time it procs it heals you.  The self healing is comparable to our Blood Plague healing in single target - nothing to sneeze at.  We really don't need more stamina, especially with Souldrinker.  In short, the marginal gain to survival from SSG comes at the cost of a fairly hefty loss of strength from the FC buff.  You'd want to make several other adjustments first - flask/food, trinkets, talents - before swapping out FC.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 1:09 AM, Guest Khades said:

Sorry for not grabbing this! This will generally depend on what content you are facing. Prydaz is excellent defensively, while Lanathel's is a good balance between increasing damage and defensive capabilities. Choose as you need them.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:21 AM, Guest Sokre said:

I also want to know. I have Gorefiend, Lana, and Sephuz.

See above. Similar argument applies, but slightly changed. Gorefiend is clearly the best of the 3, but for Lana vs. Sephuz, it's essentially balance vs. damage output. Sephuz is brilliant if you can trigger the effect and is excellent for damage output because of it. If you can't, take Lanathel's.