FORUMS
Damien

Protection Warrior 7.3

On 3/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, Allseye said:

The builds & talents section is quite well explained. But a casual is not interested in reading and deciding which combinaition of talents to pick. Is there a way to suggest two builds (dungeons and raid)? I think there are two save builds to go for. It's important to write, that this is not a general recommendation for experienced prot warriors.

Would you say that the Easy Mode section of recommendations is what you were intending? 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protection-warrior-pve-tank-easy-mode

Or would you prefer to have it separately in the Builds & Talents page?

20 hours ago, Blainie said:

Would you say that the Easy Mode section of recommendations is what you were intending? 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protection-warrior-pve-tank-easy-mode

Or would you prefer to have it separately in the Builds & Talents page?

Ah yeah, didn't recognize that there is already a easy talent suggest, my fault. It think it's ok to give at least one build suggest, so it's exactly that what i was asking for. If it would be better under Builds & Talents...i dont know :-). Thx 4 Reply!

I have a small issue with the legendaries section of this guide. It is a bit lacking in information. I understand some of the legendaries may not be as great as the ones listed at the top, but I feel like kil'jaeden's burning wish is certainly better than aggramar's stride because of the damage boost that it provides when doing anything besides single target damage. But before stating all the legendaries that I think deserve a spot on your list I want to also point out the formatting and organization is a bit off in this section. After reading it over a couple times I can tell that you listed the legendaries from best to worst but it's a bit hard to tell that from just reading the brief intro paragraph or looking at the thing. So maybe numbering them or stating that it's listed from best to worst would help. Also, I think earlier the intro paragraph to this section had a sentence that said something along the lines of, anything not listed here is not worth mentioning because it is not good for Prot Warriors. I don't know if the sentence was moved or removed but I can't find it anymore, and I would urge that you provide more detailed information on ALL legendaries available to warrior. I am happy to help if it is needed.

Thanks.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:59 PM, Allseye said:

Ah yeah, didn't recognize that there is already a easy talent suggest, my fault. It think it's ok to give at least one build suggest, so it's exactly that what i was asking for. If it would be better under Builds & Talents...i dont know :-). Thx 4 Reply!

No problem! We generally keep them separate, otherwise people start getting confused and asking questions about which one is best etc. etc.

We'll see what we can do, anyway!

On 4/12/2017 at 8:02 PM, williamiam25 said:

I have a small issue with the legendaries section of this guide. It is a bit lacking in information.

Passing this on - thanks!

Guest Thorandir

Isn't it time that suggested talents and build as well as legendaries are updated? with the change to thundergod's vigor, using legend belt+gloves/wrist should be the best choice almost everywhere, even single target. that makes the booming voice+AM build the main build(if u have legend belt). For example on guldan, which is mostly Single target, with BM+AM and belt, you are able to have Demo shout for every single bonds cast, even if u take all bonds and not share them with other tank. same goes on krosus and other single target fights, controlled use of your demo shout. this build is immense on mythics, and probably better than vengeance +HR even on ST fights.

20 hours ago, Guest Thorandir said:

Isn't it time that suggested talents and build as well as legendaries are updated?

Passing this on! Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it to the writer to look at :)

Guest akraxdino

Hey, Good people, I was wondering if anyone could give me the stats weights for tank, to add them to pawn addon, since the ones I've seen on the internet give priority to haste ... and  haste still be the priority or now is mas/ver?

=)

On 5/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, Guest akraxdino said:

Hey, Good people, I was wondering if anyone could give me the stats weights for tank, to add them to pawn addon, since the ones I've seen on the internet give priority to haste ... and  haste still be the priority or now is mas/ver?

=)

Stat weights for tanks are often pretty difficult to generate accurately, especially for general characters - I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but a priority is almost always going to function better. 

Hi,

Im currently roxking the following stats and wanted to know if I should tune my stats or not.

Health: 5,423,280

Strength: 30,593

Stamina: 90,388

Crit: 9%

Haste: 32%

Mastery: 24%

Versatility: 16%

I did add in a little bit of versatility due to the fact that in nighthold there is lots of magic dmg. I use this set in all fight on HC except for krosus & star augur in which I go for max versatility (~25%)

What do you think of these stats?

13 hours ago, Alkahna said:

What do you think of these stats?

They seem fine. If you can drop a tiny bit of Haste to bring you down 1-2%, you can put that elsewhere. Otherwise, it seems fine :)

thx man, I will try and find some item to replace some haste.

Can do the following with haste food (going from 897.8 to 899.6 as well)

Health: 5,539,620

Strength: 31,169

Stamina: 92,327

Crit: 10%

Haste: 30%

Mastery: 30%

Versatility: 15%

Avoidance: 3%

Parry: 17%

Block: 26%

that seems pretty dope I guess ;)

Edited by Alkahna

3 hours ago, Alkahna said:

thx man, I will try and find some item to replace some haste.

That's pretty much perfect for the Haste, so it looks like you're set :)

We are currently in the process of updating our guides in preparation for the release of 7.2.5 - all questions about "What is better for 7.2.5, X or Y?" will be answered in our guide updates. Thanks for your patience while we get everything completed and good luck in the new patch!

• Like 1

Uncommon Patron

Anyone know of a community site similar to stormearthandlava.com which is for shaman?  I am looking for one for warriors/tanks.  Good info here but a site dedicated to warriors would be nice.

17 hours ago, Brodie said:

Anyone know of a community site similar to stormearthandlava.com which is for shaman?  I am looking for one for warriors/tanks.  Good info here but a site dedicated to warriors would be nice.

The Warrior discord is likely your best bet to find any more additional information. You can find a link here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/16114-class-discord-channels/

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets, the tooltip is confusing to me on this one.  It says "Equip Devastator"  What does that mean?

It's the talent, Devastator. The actual legendary procs on use of Devastate, but the talent Devastator removes the ability and makes it baseline in your auto attacks. This then changes the legendary to proc on autos.

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

General question.  Does anyone use Pawn for gear selection for their warrior tank?

You can, for sure, but you need reliable stat weights for the class. For tanks, this is way harder to calculate/find. 

Guest Atlas
On 19/07/2016 at 7:11 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Protection Warrior guide for Legion.

is Riposte even present in todays Prot warrior builds..
I can't find it in spellbook under passive abilitys and it's not visable on talents??
if so wouldn't the old adage of stacking Crit be more viable for avoidance?

On 04/07/2017 at 2:28 PM, Guest Atlas said:

is Riposte even present in todays Prot warrior builds..
I can't find it in spellbook under passive abilitys and it's not visable on talents??
if so wouldn't the old adage of stacking Crit be more viable for avoidance?

Hover over Critical Strike in your character page. It will show up there.

Also, no, it is incredibly unreliable. Other stats can guarantee damage reduction every time whereas, with Parry, you could technically have 80% Parry change but actually parry 0 attacks. Unlikely, but possible.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

I actually have a question about the updated guide.Pertaining to netherlight crucible it goes into the priority of the t2 paths but t3 it says "The Tier 3 upgrades priority has been discussed at the top of this page." but when you look at the top of the page there's nothing but the intro.Is there an updated priority or are we to just wing it as is?

Edited by shaiken21