Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feiz

Assassination Rogue 7.03 Guide

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding the stat priority in the newest assassination guide(for patch 7.03).

How is versatility stronger than crit?

you get 0.91% CRit per 100 crit rating and 0.77% versatility per 100 versatility rating. This results in a flat 0.91% dmg increase (disregarding the benefits of more combopoints, just the flat double damage bonus) for crit and 0,77% dmg bonus for versatility without further bonuses. Am I missing something? Did my testing result in wrong Percent-per-Rating-Values?

Thanks for any help.

52 minutes ago, feiz said:

this results in a flat 0.91% dmg increase

I don't think that's an accurate statement. It's a .91% chance to deal double damage.

In any case, the numbers are all obtained from SimCraft, which runs the math for us. I'm terrible at math, but certainly for the time being Vers is our top priority stat. You can see the SimCraft results here

You'll notice that they're pretty close in terms of value (0.56 and 0.54), but Vers is technically higher

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

I don't think that's an accurate statement. It's a .91% chance to deal double damage.

This is the same.

0.91% chance to do double damage means also, that 99.09% of the time you deal normal damage.

In Numbers, assuming d is damage:

0,9909*d+0.0091*(2*d)=(0.9909+2*0.0091)*d=1.0091*d

which is a flat 0.91% damage increase.

SInce this is more than what comes out of versatility even BEFORE considering the benefits of more Combopoints due to "Seal Fate" crit should be way better than versatility.

I did not want to see a spreadsheet that just claims: "BEHOLD MY NUMBERS AND QUIVER MERE MORTALS". (Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing that someone actually puts so much effort into this and shares their numbers. Honestly.) I want to know how these numbers come to be because I get the feeling I'm missing some mechanic and that's never a good thing.

English is not my native tongue. Please ignore language-based errors.

I may be babbling a lot of crap here, but I'll give my two cents.

One is frequency increase, another is flat damage increase that also takes in consideration the frequency increase. To evaluate Versatility, I think you gotta look towards the Crit chance affecting it too and see the damage in overall.

Edit: I'm curious. Guide says to ignore Mastery because everything is around bleeds, but IMHO poison still there and Envenom still plays a good part of the rotation. Is poison damage negligible ATM?

hqdefault[1].jpg

Edited by lipsinch

5 hours ago, lipsinch said:

One is frequency increase, another is flat damage increase that also takes in consideration the frequency increase. To evaluate Versatility, I think you gotta look towards the Crit chance affecting it too and see the damage in overall.

What do you mean by frequency increase? As I mentioned above, I have not even considered the Combopoint gain. Even without, crit is a higher flat damage increase than veersatility.

9 hours ago, lipsinch said:

Edit: I'm curious. Guide says to ignore Mastery because everything is around bleeds, but IMHO poison still there and Envenom still plays a good part of the rotation. Is poison damage negligible ATM?

In a word? Yes.

Rupture does a truly truly absurd percentage of Sin's damage at the moment - approximately 40% with decent fight duration (1 min or longer), while Envenom sits around 7%

It's really, really broken, but also Sin does very little in the way of poisons at all until the Artifact weapon

3 hours ago, feiz said:

What do you mean by frequency increase? As I mentioned above, I have not even considered the Combopoint gain. Even without, crit is a higher flat damage increase than veersatility.

If you can show me a Sim in which this is the case, I'll agree with you.

Until then, I'm going to lean with the mathematics and say that Vers has a 0.56 weight and Crit has a 0.54.

As I said above, they are very close, but if you want which is technically better, Vers is it.

Okay guys, i figured it out, The SIm was run with T18 set bonuses. The SetBonus is 30% crit increase for our main damage component rupture for targets with less than 35% health, makin crit on the rest of your gear weaker. This also means, every rogue who does not have this set bonus should better go for crit, NOT versatility and it also means, that once you drop your felblade gear for legion items, crit pulls ahaed of versatility again.

13 hours ago, feiz said:

What I meant was the purpose of each stat. Critical Strike increases the ocurrence of doubled damage while Versatility literally increases damage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0