Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vaellian

Fervor of Battle

5 posts in this topic

On the "builds and talents" page. It's recommended that fervor of battle be taken because it increases Whirlwinds damage to primary targets by 50%, however on Live at the moment it is only 30%, that 20% difference makes slam, even without the WoD 4pc, more rage efficient than Whirlwind, with the 4pc Slam is exceedingly far ahead in terms of damage per rage spent, even with the 50%.
I don't know who to bring this up to but... yeah

You are correct, Vaellian. The tooltip in game reflects 30% increased damage.

In the next month I think we're going to see tuning across all specs, obviously including Arms and Fury, and - as such - talent choices and preferences will probably change with them.

Keep on top of things as you are and use your best judgement. As far as our guides go, we'll make sure they're updated as new information comes in and is verified. Thanks again, for your post.

I'll just poke my head in here to clarify a few things on it :)

The sims in question & testing on Fervor was done post-30% reduction, this happened a good while ago in the beta but tooltips weren't updated to reflect it, so it's somewhat misleading in that sense, but the in-game files have been pulling a 30% value for a good while longer, when this was done, so that change shouldn't have any impact on the results.

When it comes to Slam vs. Whirlwind, whilst Slam is more rage efficient, Whirlwind condenses 2 GCDs worth of damage when using Fervor into one and burns up more Rage for Tactician in the process, and hits 3 times (which, whilst minor, has an impact on the speed you can stack up Empty Drinking Horn).

The typo has been ammended though on the Talents section, that shouldn't have slipped through :p

On 7/29/2016 at 5:42 PM, wordup said:

The sims in question & testing on Fervor was done post-30% reduction, this happened a good while ago in the beta but tooltips weren't updated to reflect it, so it's somewhat misleading in that sense, but the in-game files have been pulling a 30% value for a good while longer, when this was done, so that change shouldn't have any impact on the results.

Just a question, Wordup; what simulator are you using? I've been trying to use the AMR Beta one but I keep getting errors with it.

==========

Edit: Sticking with the ARM simulator, I used generic class settings and was able to get successful sims.

23 hours ago, Sajakain said:

Just a question, Wordup; what simulator are you using? I've been trying to use the AMR Beta one but I keep getting errors with it.

==========

Edit: Sticking with the ARM simulator, I used generic class settings and was able to get successful sims.

I lean more toward SimC mostly out of habit. AMR is still a good tool but you need to do a lot more work to the base APLs than the stock imported SimC profiles to get them to the same optimisation.

SimC also has the fringe advantage of importing direct from the game files which has a particular bonus in this case as it pulled the 30% value the day the hotfix happened and didn't rely on tooltip values to be input. I'm not 100% sure if AMR does so since early on it was self editted wiki pages for the abilities to pull them from, but this point could very easily be moot depending on how that developed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Matix
      Hello guys,
      I have been having trouble with my toon... For some reason my DPS outside of Metamorphosis is really, REALLY low. Like 400k whereas I'm overall 900iLevel.
      You can look up my Armory here:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/Xymeria/simple
      If the link does not work, please check me out Xymeria-Emeriss - Europe.
      I have all of the pieces the Top Demon hunters in Wowprogress do, except a little bit lower iLevel and maybe some improvements can be done to my Gloves and Boots, I hadn't had much luck with legendaries ( I have the defensive DH chest, Burning Fist Trinket and the last one I got is the Cascading Eyes ( Head ) - I don't have the Ring which EVERYONE BUT ME HAS....
      I'm having huge issues with generating enough fury to dish out enough DPS. I have enough Crit and Mastery, my haste is a little low, but not that much. 
      When I'm in Meta, Nemesis and Artifact are on.. I dish out around 1300. But without meta it's all downhill from there.
      Please give me some advise on how to improve my DPS.
    • By magegnome
      the broken isles pathfinder has two parts 
      the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One has 5achievements 
      they are  
      1.Broken Isles Explorer complete these achievements,
      1.Explore Azsuna,
      2.Explore Highmountain,
      3.Explore Suramar,
      4.Explore Val'sharah
      5. Explore Stormheim
      2.Variety is the Spice of Life complete 100 wq's.
      3.A Glorious Campaign complete 1 class order hall campagin
      4.Loremaster of Legion complete these achievements 
      1.Azsuna Matata,
      2.Vrykul Story, Bro,
      3.Good Suramaritan,
      4.That's Val'sharah Folks! 
      5.Ain't No Mountain High Enough 
      5. Broken Isles Diplomat reach revered with
      1. Court of Farondis,
      2.Highmountain Tribe,
      3.The Nightfallen,
      4.Dreamweavers,
      5.Valarjar 
      6. The Wardens.
      the Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two has 3 achievements  
      1. Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One complete the first part (above),
      2.Explore Broken Shore explore the broken shore
      and the last one is Legionfall Commander reach revered with
      1. Armies of Legionfall.
      when you complete all of this you'll have flying in the broken isles.

• By Seryd
      Hello there,
      I'm Seryd from Dreaming Vigil,
      we are a semi-hardcore raiding guild on the kazzak server looking to find people to complete our raid roster.
      We're currently recruiting all classes and all roles.
      Our raid times are Friday-Saturday 22-01 Server time.
      Our goal is to have fun together while progressing through the current mythic content,we accept socials too.

If you're interested or would like more info on us,please add me so that we may talk.
      Dafire#2197
    • By Moonfly
      Hello everyone,

SALT is an 18+ Horde PVE guild located on Twisting Nether EU, formed at the start of Legion.

Our goal is to provide a fun but progressive raiding environment, with a focus on clearing relevant heroic and mythic content.

We are recruiting to strengthen our main team as we progress further into mythic Nighthold. We have several vacancies for players who can demonstrate maturity (18+), commitment and a strong knowledge of their class and spec.

Main team:
      Melee DPS Ret Paladin Rogue Ranged DPS Boomkin SPriest Warlock Social team:
      All classes
      * Even if we are not currently recruiting your class/spec we are always open to take a look at exceptional players/applications.

Website: www.SALT.guildlaunch.com. You can also find us on the EU Twisting Nether forum if you search there.

Progress

Nighthold :
      10/10 Normal
      10/10 Heroic
      2/10 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      3/3 Normal
      3/3 Heroic
      Emerald Nightmare:
      7/7Normal
      7/7 Heroic
      1/7 Mythic

Raid Days:
      Wednesday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Thursday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      Sunday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time
      (Alt / social runs on Saturday - 20:00 to 23:00 server time)

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit our website for more information. Alternatively, please speak to one of our officers in game: Zherin, Moonfly or Vrenck.

Casual/social players are always welcome

We look forward to hearing from you.