FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

Guest Vultaerys

With 7.2 out, the Darkmoon Deck: Dominion has 2 new upgrades available bringing it up to 875. Given that the 855 version performs so well against all of the 895's (middle of the list), do these upgrades put it much higher toward the top?

On 3/28/2017 at 0:11 PM, Blainie said:

So, just asked Wordup for his input and basically:

• Got bracers and don't have Bladedancer's Grace? Bloodlet is strong for ST. 
  • Got bracers and do have Bladedancer's Grace? First Blood is best again.
  • Don't have bracers, don't have BD? First Blood. 

Hope this clears it up and corrects where I was wrong :)

Yup this is pretty much what i was looking for, I guess the real question here is what the dps difference is and if higher Ilvl will tilt it one way or the other. If theyre basically the same itll be all about preference.

I guess the other question i have is if http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/238117 (sorry dont know how to hyperlink the ability) is confirmed to give more fury regen. Does a crit now give extra fury if the 3rd hit procs? and if so how much. Would this also give a bigger boost to the t19 2 set? (im not sure if gaining fury from a crit is counted when you have the 2 piece)

Edited by Whisla

Guest Hellish

So, seeing as the rotation page wasn't changed... is Eye Beam worth it again with the new trait that reduces its cost by up to 20 Fury?

On 3/29/2017 at 10:28 AM, Guest Thizzness said:

I was just wondering, in the rotation it has both Fel Barrage and Chaos Blades which are both talents in the same level tree, is there a way to get both that I am missing or is this a mistake. Which talent is the best choice and what is the correct way to utilize the most DPS in a raid format? Thanks for the input.

This is simply so that players know where to use the spell regardless of which one they pick. If you haven't taken that talent, just skip that step in the rotation.

As for which does the most DPS, that's answered over on our build page: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents

On 3/29/2017 at 3:46 PM, Guest Vultaerys said:

With 7.2 out, the Darkmoon Deck: Dominion has 2 new upgrades available bringing it up to 875. Given that the 855 version performs so well against all of the 895's (middle of the list), do these upgrades put it much higher toward the top?

It will definitely be higher up, yeah, I'm not sure by how much though - what are you comparing it with atm?

20 hours ago, Guest Hellish said:

So, seeing as the rotation page wasn't changed... is Eye Beam worth it again with the new trait that reduces its cost by up to 20 Fury?

Will double check and let you know.

Guest Vultaerys
32 minutes ago, Blainie said:

It will definitely be higher up, yeah, I'm not sure by how much though - what are you comparing it with atm?

I'm now 892 iLvl and don't have a lot of great options yet as I just switched this to my main a month ago and am a casual 2/week raider. I ran the latest SimC build yesterday and compared all of the trinkets in my bank, The best combo I had (by more than 10k) were the Darkmoon Card - 875 and EoC-860. My other choices were:

880 Arc Digit, 875 CoF, 850 MoA, 845 Foci, 850&860 PVP... not a great collection, I know.

I'm also now running Mo'args (with Bloodlet) & Prydaz.

28 minutes ago, Guest Vultaerys said:

The best combo I had (by more than 10k) were the Darkmoon Card - 875 and EoC-860.

This is correct - these are your best, at least until you can pick up some of the other high-ranking trinkets.

23 hours ago, Whisla said:

I guess the other question i have is if http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/238117 (sorry dont know how to hyperlink the ability) is confirmed to give more fury regen. Does a crit now give extra fury if the 3rd hit procs? and if so how much. Would this also give a bigger boost to the t19 2 set? (im not sure if gaining fury from a crit is counted when you have the 2 piece)

Checking with Wordup.

Guest Maxizb

Stats at

Crit; 42%

Haste; 14%

Mastery; 31%

Vers; 6% 

I have the CoS/Arcways set and nighthold set. Should I have more critical? 2220311 build

43 minutes ago, Guest Maxizb said:

I have the CoS/Arcways set and nighthold set. Should I have more critical? 2220311 build

Have you tried simming your character? This will tell you exactly what your crit weight is.

On 3/29/2017 at 10:36 PM, Guest Hellish said:

From Wordup:

It can be used after 2 points, but after getting Chaotic Onslaught it's not worth it again anymore.

Hope this helps! :)

Guest Beheemot

My stats are:

39 Crit

37 Mastery 

10 Haste

3% Versatity

Should i balance it somehow? Im kinda taking the main post hint on priority, but i guess my dps is kinda low for 897 ilvl. Im dealing something like 450k on gul'dan heroic without burst. On meta + all CD i go 500k. Thanks for help

Hey by chance can you guys confirm that for Archmage Xylen that our pvp template is suppose to be active? (nemises only lasting 15 seconds and such)

I cant post on the wow forums thanks to a bug with armory or id ask there, but im trying to find out if this is intentional or a bug.

Page to blaine. Just wondering if you got an update on the extra proc from CHaos onslaught giving fury. And if you have any info on archmage Xylen. 

My last question for now would also be, does getting extra points in the artifact change the stat weight or rotation at all?

On 4/1/2017 at 4:09 AM, Guest Beheemot said:

Should i balance it somehow? Im kinda taking the main post hint on priority, but i guess my dps is kinda low for 897 ilvl. Im dealing something like 450k on gul'dan heroic without burst. On meta + all CD i go 500k. Thanks for help

I really can't tell you much without seeing a log of you playing, sorry.

9 hours ago, Whisla said:

Page to blaine. Just wondering if you got an update on the extra proc from CHaos onslaught giving fury. 

I've got no response from Wordup, but I'll send him a PM and see if I can get a direct reply. Sorry!

And if you have any info on archmage Xylen. 

It's only 15s on Phase 1, it seems. Should work as intended on Phase 2.

My last question for now would also be, does getting extra points in the artifact change the stat weight or rotation at all?

Rotation slightly, depending on what you take and when. The only real change is Eye Beam is used in ST when you have 2+ points in Wide Eyes, but it is then not used anymore once you have Chaotic Onslaught.

Hey Blainie, a noob question on the Multiple Target Rotation section. #4 says to cast Fel Barrage at 5 stacks or more. I assume it means charges, but I can't find anything that alters its max of 5. Is that supposed to be a lower number? Kind of looks from the comment below the list that perhaps it should be 3 or 4 instead.

Also wondering if #3 Fel Rush should drop the ">3 targets", or if it's intended that Fel Rush has no place in AoE on 2-3 targets without Fel Mastery. The #1 is a bit complex to parse, and in combination with #3 makes it a little confusing.

Edited by solitha

Guest ¨¨¨¨¨¨

Hey Blainie, I hope you could confirm (or say its not true) one info about chaotic onslaught. 

As Chaos Strike hits twice, the proc from chaotic onslaught would have this two chances to activate, and if it does activate, the proc would also have that chance.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:48 PM, solitha said:

Hey Blainie, a noob question on the Multiple Target Rotation section. #4 says to cast Fel Barrage at 5 stacks or more. I assume it means charges, but I can't find anything that alters its max of 5. Is that supposed to be a lower number? Kind of looks from the comment below the list that perhaps it should be 3 or 4 instead.

Also wondering if #3 Fel Rush should drop the ">3 targets", or if it's intended that Fel Rush has no place in AoE on 2-3 targets without Fel Mastery. The #1 is a bit complex to parse, and in combination with #3 makes it a little confusing.

Both should be changed, yeah. I'll make notes for Wordup, thanks!

On 4/15/2017 at 7:29 PM, Guest ¨¨¨¨¨¨ said:

Hey Blainie, I hope you could confirm (or say its not true) one info about chaotic onslaught. 

As Chaos Strike hits twice, the proc from chaotic onslaught would have this two chances to activate, and if it does activate, the proc would also have that chance.

True.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:48 PM, solitha said:

The #1 is a bit complex to parse, and in combination with #3 makes it a little confusing.

This has now been changed in the guide. Hope it's clearer!

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

This has now been changed in the guide. Hope it's clearer!

Thanks Blainie... the Fel Barrage part was cleaned up. The Fel Rush part looks much the same. For now I'm just assuming that #3 is meant to be for using Fel Rush at 2-3 targets when approaching 2 charges, since using it at 4+ is already addressed in #1.

Edited by solitha

On 4/21/2017 at 1:37 AM, solitha said:

Thanks Blainie... the Fel Barrage part was cleaned up. The Fel Rush part looks much the same. For now I'm just assuming that #3 is meant to be for using Fel Rush at 2-3 targets when approaching 2 charges, since using it at 4+ is already addressed in #1.

Wordup must have missed it in the update. I'll get him to fix it ASAP, sorry! What you're doing now seems right :)

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

Wordup must have missed it in the update. I'll get him to fix it ASAP, sorry! What you're doing now seems right :)

Thanks... I pick over them so carefully because I'm an altoholic using TellMeWhen to keep me somewhat effective as I change toons and specs. It's made me a bit of a guide snob ><

I do greatly appreciate your patience and helpfulness!

Edited by solitha