FORUMS
Damien

Havoc Demon Hunter 7.3

16 hours ago, solitha said:

Thanks... I pick over them so carefully because I'm an altoholic using TellMeWhen to keep me somewhat effective as I change toons and specs. It's made me a bit of a guide snob ><

I do greatly appreciate your patience and helpfulness!

It helps us to keep improving our guides, so it's always helpful to have people like you :D

Wordup has seen it, he'll get it updated and cleaned up in the near future.

• Like 1

Guest Keyadaridan

I've found it to be really easy to manage Fel Rush when I use it with Felblade. If my stacks are about to hit 2 and I get Felblade, I've been using Felblade right after the Fel Rush to get back into place. That would be something interesting to add to the guide. It definitely helps with the positioning.

19 hours ago, Guest Keyadaridan said:

I've found it to be really easy to manage Fel Rush when I use it with Felblade. If my stacks are about to hit 2 and I get Felblade, I've been using Felblade right after the Fel Rush to get back into place. That would be something interesting to add to the guide. It definitely helps with the positioning.

I'm surprised that you'd need to use FB to reposition, since the hitbox of most bosses is large enough to not cause you to go out of range. Also keep in mind that using FB can cap your Fury, meaning you can't always use it to reposition otherwise it can end up messing up the rotation.

Guest Keyadaridan
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I'm surprised that you'd need to use FB to reposition, since the hitbox of most bosses is large enough to not cause you to go out of range. Also keep in mind that using FB can cap your Fury, meaning you can't always use it to reposition otherwise it can end up messing up the rotation.

This is related to the section about fighting smaller targets where it's harder to position yourself. You could also put a note in there only to use it if it's not going to cap your Fury. This just makes it easier because you don't have to position yourself in a way that you know you're still hitting the boss after FR. A lot of people just complain about Demon Hunter because of the positioning of Fel Rush. Using Felblade just makes it easier for most people. As long as you make sure you don't hit your cap and you use it as soon as you get Felblade it works perfect in the rotation.

On 5/2/2017 at 3:16 PM, Guest Keyadaridan said:

This is related to the section about fighting smaller targets where it's harder to position yourself. You could also put a note in there only to use it if it's not going to cap your Fury. This just makes it easier because you don't have to position yourself in a way that you know you're still hitting the boss after FR. A lot of people just complain about Demon Hunter because of the positioning of Fel Rush. Using Felblade just makes it easier for most people. As long as you make sure you don't hit your cap and you use it as soon as you get Felblade it works perfect in the rotation.

Ah okay, I see what you're saying - we can definitely look at getting that added! Thanks for the feedback :)

Guest Delinial
On 3/31/2017 at 11:09 PM, Guest Beheemot said:

My stats are:

39 Crit

37 Mastery 

10 Haste

3% Versatity

Should i balance it somehow? Im kinda taking the main post hint on priority, but i guess my dps is kinda low for 897 ilvl. Im dealing something like 450k on gul'dan heroic without burst. On meta + all CD i go 500k. Thanks for help

Imo, your crit and mastery are too low and haste too high. I seem to start having diminishing returns after 42% crit (especially with 4 set). So after reaching 42% I start prioritizing mastery. I run at 

41% crit (45% with eye of command fully procc)

42% mastery

6% haste

On Krosus, I will spike at the beginning between 3million and 4.5 million dps (depending on pain rng) and end at around 900k. I would suggest removing as much haste as possible for mastery. You will see a big jump on your spike dps every 2 min with the correct stat weights.

31 minutes ago, Guest Delinial said:

You will see a big jump on your spike dps every 2 min with the correct stat weights.

If he is seeing that low of an output with the stats he currently has, it's likely that playstyle is also a huge issue here. Posting a log is the best thing he can do.

Coming from using Icy Vein's recommendation on single target talent build, I've been performing superbly and decided to follow the AoE build due to my guild's recommendation of needing more AoE for Mythic+ runs going forth, and not knowing much about AoE damaging I decided to go to Icy Vein and see what it was recommended for AoE Build.

So I was trying to follow Icy Vein's recommendation on AoE talent build: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents and I cannot generate any fury at all with this build.  Especially trying to follow this rotation: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities, it does not make sense with the talent build provided.  The talent build tree gives an argument on why http://www.wowdb.com/spells/192939-fel-mastery is not desirable, but I disagree without this selected fury cannot be generated to continue any form of sustained fury retention/regeneration.  Following the AoE talent build, but opting for the Fel-Mastery over Blind Fury is a much better recommendation IMO. 

Edited by DHdpsBuilder

On 02/05/2017 at 3:16 PM, Guest Keyadaridan said:

That's a really good point for smaller hitbox targets and I've added a note in for using Felblade in that situation, thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DHdpsBuilder said:

Following the AoE talent build, but opting for the Fel-Mastery over Blind Fury is a much better recommendation IMO. 

Do you by any chance have an example of you testing the AoE priority? It sounds like if you are struggling with BF, you might be mismanaging when you use your Eye Beam in order to maximise the effect of the talent.

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

Do you by any chance have an example of you testing the AoE priority? It sounds like if you are struggling with BF, you might be mismanaging when you use your Eye Beam in order to maximise the effect of the talent.

I found a skill that I didn't know existed, since it was replaced with a talent that made it passive. http://www.wowdb.com/spells/162243-demons-bite.  This allowed me to create all the Fury I needed to be able to use the original AoE talent build.  I was too accustomed to single target that I didn't know demons bite even existed, I'm just a noob DH.

Guest tram

Looks like talents on this site for havoc demon hunters is outdated. My havoc demon hunter does not have 'felblade' as an option in the 99 slot, e.g. I'm lvl 105.

Guest Keyadaridan

I got Draught of Souls the other day and I was wondering where it falls in the priority listing. It's Mythic ilvl 915. Should I use it with Meta? I am not sure if it does more damage with Haste.

Guest NoName
12 hours ago, Guest tram said:

Looks like talents on this site for havoc demon hunters is outdated. My havoc demon hunter does not have 'felblade' as an option in the 99 slot, e.g. I'm lvl 105.

The talents on the site are OK. I'm sorry to ask it, but are you sure that you are playing in "Havoc specialization"? If you are, I have another question: are you sure that you are currently playing on 7.1.5 or newer patch?

On 5/8/2017 at 8:33 PM, DHdpsBuilder said:

I'm just a noob DH.

We've all had those moments! Glad to hear you figured it out though :D

On 5/9/2017 at 3:28 AM, Guest tram said:

Just going to second the comment above - it seems fine for me. Can you screenshot your talent possibilities?

On 5/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, Guest Keyadaridan said:

I got Draught of Souls the other day and I was wondering where it falls in the priority listing. It's Mythic ilvl 915. Should I use it with Meta? I am not sure if it does more damage with Haste.

You should always try to sync it with Nemesis if you can. You should be able to reach a point where nearly every use aligns with Nemesis.

AFAIK, you will delay the first use until 30 seconds after the pull while Nemesis is still up and then use it. After that you pop it on CD.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:37 PM, Guest NoName said:

The talents on the site are OK. I'm sorry to ask it, but are you sure that you are playing in "Havoc specialization"? If you are, I have another question: are you sure that you are currently playing on 7.1.5 or newer patch?

Thanks for helping to answer! :)

Guest Keyadaridan

It would be a good note in the Demonic build to add Chaos nova to stunnable targets. Due to the artifact trait Overwhelming Power, you can stun adds when they're clumped up for a quicker Eye Beam. This is especially important in Mythics and fights like Scorpyon in the Nighthold.

" Bloodlet IconBloodlet causes Throw Glaive IconThrow Glaive to deal an additional 200% of the initial damage dealt over 10 sec to all targets struck. Additional hits will add damage to the DoT. ".

Tooltip shows 150% now.

On 5/18/2017 at 2:59 PM, Guest Keyadaridan said:

It would be a good note in the Demonic build to add Chaos nova to stunnable targets. Due to the artifact trait Overwhelming Power, you can stun adds when they're clumped up for a quicker Eye Beam. This is especially important in Mythics and fights like Scorpyon in the Nighthold.

Will pass this on to Wordup :)

On 5/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, Enso said:

" Bloodlet IconBloodlet causes Throw Glaive IconThrow Glaive to deal an additional 200% of the initial damage dealt over 10 sec to all targets struck. Additional hits will add damage to the DoT. ".

Tooltip shows 150% now.

Getting this fixed! :)

Guest Demon Hunter

Is Fel Rush at 2 stacks still a priority in single target? A lot of Mythic videos I've watch show the Demon Hunter never using Fel Rush unless there is AOE involved. I also feel like sometimes you have downtime between your Demon Blades procs because of this. I feel like I lose DPS when I go out my way to use Fel Rush.

Guest Keyadaridan

If First Blood is the best talent for single target, why are most Demon Hunters going with Chaos cleave for most fights? I only see First Blood being used on Tichondrius. I understand that some fights have cleave but what about Krosus? There isn't that much cleave at all.