GreekGods

Resto Druid Stat Priority

1 post in this topic

I have had some discussion with other druid friends of mine on this topic, of stat priority, and everyone seems to have a different opinion, most of this is due to the lack of an artifact weapon and balancing being around 110 and not being fine-tuned yet. This is for raiding and only raiding M+ dungeons and pvp are not a concern of mine, though I know at the current state in the beta M+ dungeons will be required for raiders trying to be competitive.

My thoughts are this: Intellect>Haste>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility

Intellect is every caster top stat.

Haste scales with almost every ability, and lowers GCD and cast times for that spam that is so important for druid.

Mastery and Critical Strike is where the talk begin. Many say crit is better including the guide on this site. But for me I find that to be untrue, though numbers can't be produced b/c of balancing not being done, mechanically I just feel like mastery will be better for most raid fights that aren't just constant raid damage over the entire fight. 

My thought process on this is with say 20-30% mastery for each HoT spell on the target increase it by that much. I believe mastery scales in 100%+20%(Mastery)*# of Hots, but I may be wrong please correct if so. So saying you need to keep 3-5 people alive with debuff you can keep up Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Germination, and Regrowth up on those targets with maybe a little help from flourish to keep those rolling that mastery is going to be a bigger increase that critical strike. 

I do believe critical strike will over take mastery on fights where damage is constantly going out on the entire raid at all times just b/c you can't get enough hots on one target for mastery to be better than critical strike. Though on fights where the damage is very bursting the 3 min cds of all your healers will be in play and you aren't going to be doing that much with that extra critical strike.

Then Versatility b/c its not all that useful in small quantities until you have enough of the other stats.

Please correct any mistakes that I may have made, or any flawed logic. This may just be up to healing style and talents choices also but I just feel from a healing lead stand point mastery is more useful to me that critical strike.

-Greek

Edit: Just as a note mastery also scales up tranquility when people have HoTs on them so using HoTs on targets like melee/ranged that you know will take more damage from certain mechanics you can pre-hot into flourish to get better tranqs off.

Edited by GreekGods
Added Info for tranquility

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shreem
      restoration druid nerfs 8.1

I saw on Wowhead that Restro druids are receiving a nerf to  Tranquility : Heals all allies within 40 yards for [(41%37% of Spell power) * 5] over 8 sec. Each heal heals the target for another 16 over 8 sec, stacking.
      Healing increased by 100% when not in a raid.

I feel like its not necssary and are going to effect my healing in a bad way duh. (Nerfs normally do.) But as it is right now im far behind Mistweaver munks and every priest spec. 
      My Tranquility is my second higest if not the higest healing abillity i have (Thats what Details Tells me.) 

And im unsure how the Autumn leaves changes is gonna effect me, wheter or not its for the better or worse.

What do you guys think?

This is my first post please no roast 👶
      friendly 
      https://www.wowhead.com/news=287890/patch-8-1-ptr-28048-class-changes-monk-pvp-talents 
    • By Davidga13
      Anybody can help with this? I'm using simcraft to get the stat priority for my MM's gear but it is giving me crazy results, not sure why. Agility=83.13, Ap=80.24, CritRating=0.83, HasteRating=46.84, MasteryRating=1.04, Versatility=217.72, Dps=297.72
      According to stat priority lists, such as the icy veins one, mastery should be the predominant stat. Now I understand that it can change depending on gear and other things, but this much???
      I've attached a screenshot wit the settings in simcraft, in case it helps.
      Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if it's a noob question.
      Cheers!

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By lacriminal
      Hey dear fury friends,
      i always used Azshari Salad, as my buff food for the tempo buff. Now as mastery pulls ahead of haste in the stat weights, i asked myself whether i should just use the Nightborne Delicacy Platter for a flat mastery buff, while maintaining around ~27% Haste.

I read the guide from Archimtiros, and i think both buff foods are fine, but do u switch your buff food at a certain point? Or is it depending on the encounter (single target vs. multiple targets)?

Greetings lacriminal

• By Slytha
      i have a dps monk and i noticed the greyed out stat when i was lvling my monk up and because i am a returning player i have no idea what it is and i noticed it swaps with agility when u change ur spec to mistwalker and my question is, can i use my current gear to heal or not?