GreekGods

Resto Druid Stat Priority

1 post in this topic

I have had some discussion with other druid friends of mine on this topic, of stat priority, and everyone seems to have a different opinion, most of this is due to the lack of an artifact weapon and balancing being around 110 and not being fine-tuned yet. This is for raiding and only raiding M+ dungeons and pvp are not a concern of mine, though I know at the current state in the beta M+ dungeons will be required for raiders trying to be competitive.

My thoughts are this: Intellect>Haste>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility

Intellect is every caster top stat.

Haste scales with almost every ability, and lowers GCD and cast times for that spam that is so important for druid.

Mastery and Critical Strike is where the talk begin. Many say crit is better including the guide on this site. But for me I find that to be untrue, though numbers can't be produced b/c of balancing not being done, mechanically I just feel like mastery will be better for most raid fights that aren't just constant raid damage over the entire fight. 

My thought process on this is with say 20-30% mastery for each HoT spell on the target increase it by that much. I believe mastery scales in 100%+20%(Mastery)*# of Hots, but I may be wrong please correct if so. So saying you need to keep 3-5 people alive with debuff you can keep up Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Germination, and Regrowth up on those targets with maybe a little help from flourish to keep those rolling that mastery is going to be a bigger increase that critical strike. 

I do believe critical strike will over take mastery on fights where damage is constantly going out on the entire raid at all times just b/c you can't get enough hots on one target for mastery to be better than critical strike. Though on fights where the damage is very bursting the 3 min cds of all your healers will be in play and you aren't going to be doing that much with that extra critical strike.

Then Versatility b/c its not all that useful in small quantities until you have enough of the other stats.

Please correct any mistakes that I may have made, or any flawed logic. This may just be up to healing style and talents choices also but I just feel from a healing lead stand point mastery is more useful to me that critical strike.

-Greek

Edit: Just as a note mastery also scales up tranquility when people have HoTs on them so using HoTs on targets like melee/ranged that you know will take more damage from certain mechanics you can pre-hot into flourish to get better tranqs off.

Edited by GreekGods
Added Info for tranquility

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ShadyBoxface
      My youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD1V9bGJ28qCmhUJLbMNtvw
      Mostly Resto Druid PoV, new videos weekly!
    • By yooks
      <Friendly Banter> is recruiting for exceptional players to be part of our raid roster for Mythic Progression. We raid 9 hours a week and are currently Top 200 in U.S and Top 5 on Tichondrius.
      - Raid Times: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00PM-1:00AM EST (7:00PM-10:00PM PST, 9:00PM-12:00AM CST)
      - Server: Tichondrius
      - Loot: Loot Council 
      - Voice Chat: Discord
      - Progression: 3/10M Nighthold, 10/10H Nighthold, 7/7M Emerald Nightmare, 2/3M Trial of Valor
      -45 Artifact Trait+ Required
      Recruitment: 
      - Guardian Druid
      - Protection Paladin
      - Warlock
      - Arcane Mage
      - Hunter
      - Shadow Priest
      - Holy Priest
      - Restoration Shaman (bonus with dps offspec)
      - Reliable Off-spec Healer
      *Any exceptional players will be highly considered.
      We are recruiting for raiders in a competitive yet friendly environment. We pride ourselves on having a friendly atmosphere and downing content at a competitive level without putting in excessive hours (9 hours/week). 
      This is for a core position
      Contact Information: 
       ArchProject#1457 (Lunorah)

Online Application: friendlybanter.apexmega.com
    • By draco95
      Hi fellow druids,
      Since I think druid is the strongest heal class in the current patch, it may sound presumptous or arrogant to other heal classes, but well. my opinion and main reason I play heal druid. 
      Why I opened the thread? I think my HPS are rather lacking in comparison to "top" logs, even though I am not that far away gear-wise (I know there are log pushers, but it can't be that the top bracket stops at 600-700k hps+ on certain fights and I'm at 400k).
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/eredar/Ferl/advanced (I only got 3 legendaries, 2 of them equipped and the shoulders somewhere in the inventory because reasons).
      Most Recent Skorpyron Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CPGyT1kHxF24RpBL#fight=25&type=healing&source=10
      UI: 
      (this fight is an exception, because of the constant ticking dmg of hc ticho and the hots weren't that much in overheal)
      It may be that I'm predicting raid damage wrong or something like that, but even when I predict it somewhat right, I would only get 1-2 ticks on my HoTs before the other heals (especially Pallies I think) top the group with a 1 second cast and the remaining time of my HOTs are going to the dreamland of overheals.
      Do you have any idea on what I can improve on or tips to heal "correctly", because I think I waste mana because of the above reasons and when it's needed, I have nothing left.
      I would appreciate any constructive opinion you have and thanks in advance
      Regards,
      a somewhat good Resto Druid, but wants to get better
    • By ToxicDoom
      Hello everyone,

My current stats are:
      Crit:27%    Haste:15%     Mastery:49%     Vers:5%
      Should I just go and continue on mastery or keep it going with crit?
      Thanks in advance
      P.S. my legos are "Instructor's fourth lesson" and "Taktheratrix's Shoulders" if its relevant
    • By Arkpit
      So, with the new set bonuses, have anyone tried swapping crit for haste?
      I'm attempting to alternate my build for a more single-target based sustained healing and more available raid CDs to rotate through fights. The idea is basically getting the Haste for better use of Undulation talent (50% more heals ever 3rd cast) and the 2set bonus (Tidal waves adding 15% HW and Surge). Since you lose some mana sustain from the loss of crit you make up for this by making extensive use of Healing Wave as your primary casts alongside Riptide.
      For raid dmg you can rotate Ancestral, Tidal and Anscendence to still make good use of Undulation hits to aoe heal. For most fights it seems you can have at least 1 CD up for every "scary" raid dmg coming in (2min Ancesctral, 3min on the other 2).
      This is all just theory ofc but I like the idea of not just spamming Chain Heal for 30% of the fights so attempting to alternate with the added heal bonus from the set! Right now though the cast of HW for me is still to slow and makes unexpected dmg difficult to deal with, especially in M+.
      You guys think this idea is a giant waste of time or is there a chance for Resto Shamans to expand beyond Chain Heals? :)