Zadina

Harbingers: Illidan Released

8 posts in this topic

ti1ww4k.png

The third and last installment of the Harbingers animated shorts series is out!

Since it's pretty certain that we won't see him in the beginning of Legion, it's great to finally catch a glimpse of Illidan after all this time! This animated short is all you need to get hyped about the upcoming Demon Hunter class, the return of Illidan and the new expansion itself.

It's sad that the Harbingers video series only had three episodes, but at least we also got a digital comic series and an audio drama.

You can find the other two shorts here: Gul'dan and Khadgar.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 8:02 AM, Zadina said:

Since it's pretty certain that we won't see him in the beginning of Legion, it's great to finally catch a glimpse of Illidan after all this time! 

I believe that Illidan will have a major role in the starting zone for the Demon Hunters, so hopefully those of us who choose to try one out will definitely see him.

Does anyone have any information on the female character in this Harbingers short?

1 hour ago, Stormborn said:

I believe that Illidan will have a major role in the starting zone for the Demon Hunters, so hopefully those of us who choose to try one out will definitely see him.

Does anyone have any information on the female character in this Harbingers short?

I have played the starting zone and he doesn't appear at all. He gives you a mission, but he's not there with you. You will - kind of - see him in the Demon Hunter Order Hall Campaign, if I am not mistaken.

She is not named and I don't remember any female NE DH NPC that fits her description. There was one that went crazy (couldn't handle the demonic powers) but I don't think they are the same person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zadina said:

I have played the starting zone and he doesn't appear at all. He gives you a mission, but he's not there with you. You will - kind of - see him in the Demon Hunter Order Hall Campaign, if I am not mistaken.

She is not named and I don't remember any female NE DH NPC that fits her description. There was one that went crazy (couldn't handle the demonic powers) but I don't think they are the same person.

He's not in the starting zone? That's so strange. I thought it would be like it is for Death Knights with the Lich King.
I've always loved his unique aesthetic and his story. It's a bit disappointing that he won't be a mentor for my Demon Hunter.

Thanks for letting me know about the female DH, too. I'm still quite a lore newb, although I would love to read more, I just never seem to be able to dedicate enough time to it. I want to read all of the novels! I'm seeking inspiration for a name for my DH, and haven't come across anything compelling yet. While not an RPer, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with coming up with names I can get attached to.

18 hours ago, Stormborn said:

He's not in the starting zone? That's so strange. I thought it would be like it is for Death Knights with the Lich King.
I've always loved his unique aesthetic and his story. It's a bit disappointing that he won't be a mentor for my Demon Hunter.

Thanks for letting me know about the female DH, too. I'm still quite a lore newb, although I would love to read more, I just never seem to be able to dedicate enough time to it. I want to read all of the novels! I'm seeking inspiration for a name for my DH, and haven't come across anything compelling yet. While not an RPer, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with coming up with names I can get attached to.

After some digging, it turns out we know who that female DH is: it's Kor'vas Bloodthorn. Without spoiling too much, she will be a questgiver to all classes in one zone and she is also in the DH Order Hall!

Naming any character is a very difficult task... Personally, I like Ancient Greek and Roman names. However, I am so bad at giving names to my characters (they are either taken or somehow the names I choose have sexual connotations lol), I usually end up asking other people or stealing the names of older friends who aren't playing anymore. Good luck choosing something! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zadina said:

After some digging, it turns out we know who that female DH is: it's Kor'vas Bloodthorn. Without spoiling too much, she will be a questgiver to all classes in one zone and she is also in the DH Order Hall!

Naming any character is a very difficult task... Personally, I like Ancient Greek and Roman names. However, I am so bad at giving names to my characters (they are either taken or somehow the names I choose have sexual connotations lol), I usually end up asking other people or stealing the names of older friends who aren't playing anymore. Good luck choosing something! :)

Thank you!!! Now I'm psyched about meeting her. That's a very interesting name, and appears to go against traditional Kaldorei naming conventions. Now I want to learn more...

Most of the time, for NE anyway, the name I choose comes from or is a modified version of something I find on http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/girlnames.html . The person who created the site uses LotR naming conventions and language knowledge to translate common female human names. For example, my BE hunter on Mal'Ganis is named 'Laiquardiel', which is the translation for 'Daphne', and means 'orange bay tree'. That's not my favorite name choice, but I don't regret naming her that. I use a few different sites that have information on various other Elvish languages to create new names by smooshing together words. Most names tend to end in -iel, -wen, -ell, and sometimes just -a. There are so many good names I've found this way. Sometimes I have to admit to choosing these Elvish names even for human characters, but I also like to translate names from different real-life languages. 'Elyzaveta' (for a human priestess) is one of my favorite results of that, being close to the translation of 'Elizabeth' in either a Slavic or Baltic language (I can't remember which). I am part Lithuanian, part German, and part Irish, among other things, so I like taking names from those languages, sometimes modifying them a bit.

Good luck on finding a name, as well! I've tried many different Greek and Roman options in the past, and the only one I was ever able to claim was 'Psykhe'. They are definitely hard to pin down, as many were taken years ago.

Thanks a ton for your reply!

• Like 1

I knew that site, but I never realised the depth into it. And 'Psykhe' is an amazing name!

You seem to know a lot about name giving :D Don't be surprised if I contact you at some point in the future if I need any help!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zadina said:

I knew that site, but I never realised the depth into it. And 'Psykhe' is an amazing name!

You seem to know a lot about name giving :D Don't be surprised if I contact you at some point in the future if I need any help!

I would love to help! I can also provide a list of names that I've chosen in the past and show you what I like about them, what they mean, etc. I'd have to compile a list of 'scrap' sources - the ones I take pieces from and combine to come up with names from various Elvish resources - but that would probably be pretty easy. (I'd prefer to share the list in private, as I'm in the process of nabbing names on a new alt server, Dragonblight, and have to prevent others from taking my ideas.)  :D  Just say the word and I'll get it all ready.