Zadina

wow Harbingers: Illidan Released

8 posts in this topic

ti1ww4k.png

The third and last installment of the Harbingers animated shorts series is out!

Since it's pretty certain that we won't see him in the beginning of Legion, it's great to finally catch a glimpse of Illidan after all this time! This animated short is all you need to get hyped about the upcoming Demon Hunter class, the return of Illidan and the new expansion itself.

It's sad that the Harbingers video series only had three episodes, but at least we also got a digital comic series and an audio drama.

You can find the other two shorts here: Gul'dan and Khadgar.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 8:02 AM, Zadina said:

Since it's pretty certain that we won't see him in the beginning of Legion, it's great to finally catch a glimpse of Illidan after all this time! 

I believe that Illidan will have a major role in the starting zone for the Demon Hunters, so hopefully those of us who choose to try one out will definitely see him.

 

Does anyone have any information on the female character in this Harbingers short?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormborn said:

I believe that Illidan will have a major role in the starting zone for the Demon Hunters, so hopefully those of us who choose to try one out will definitely see him.

 

Does anyone have any information on the female character in this Harbingers short?

I have played the starting zone and he doesn't appear at all. He gives you a mission, but he's not there with you. You will - kind of - see him in the Demon Hunter Order Hall Campaign, if I am not mistaken.

She is not named and I don't remember any female NE DH NPC that fits her description. There was one that went crazy (couldn't handle the demonic powers) but I don't think they are the same person.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zadina said:

I have played the starting zone and he doesn't appear at all. He gives you a mission, but he's not there with you. You will - kind of - see him in the Demon Hunter Order Hall Campaign, if I am not mistaken.

She is not named and I don't remember any female NE DH NPC that fits her description. There was one that went crazy (couldn't handle the demonic powers) but I don't think they are the same person.

He's not in the starting zone? That's so strange. I thought it would be like it is for Death Knights with the Lich King.
I've always loved his unique aesthetic and his story. It's a bit disappointing that he won't be a mentor for my Demon Hunter.

Thanks for letting me know about the female DH, too. I'm still quite a lore newb, although I would love to read more, I just never seem to be able to dedicate enough time to it. I want to read all of the novels! I'm seeking inspiration for a name for my DH, and haven't come across anything compelling yet. While not an RPer, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with coming up with names I can get attached to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stormborn said:

He's not in the starting zone? That's so strange. I thought it would be like it is for Death Knights with the Lich King.
I've always loved his unique aesthetic and his story. It's a bit disappointing that he won't be a mentor for my Demon Hunter.

Thanks for letting me know about the female DH, too. I'm still quite a lore newb, although I would love to read more, I just never seem to be able to dedicate enough time to it. I want to read all of the novels! I'm seeking inspiration for a name for my DH, and haven't come across anything compelling yet. While not an RPer, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with coming up with names I can get attached to.

After some digging, it turns out we know who that female DH is: it's Kor'vas Bloodthorn. Without spoiling too much, she will be a questgiver to all classes in one zone and she is also in the DH Order Hall!

Naming any character is a very difficult task... Personally, I like Ancient Greek and Roman names. However, I am so bad at giving names to my characters (they are either taken or somehow the names I choose have sexual connotations lol), I usually end up asking other people or stealing the names of older friends who aren't playing anymore. Good luck choosing something! :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zadina said:

After some digging, it turns out we know who that female DH is: it's Kor'vas Bloodthorn. Without spoiling too much, she will be a questgiver to all classes in one zone and she is also in the DH Order Hall!

Naming any character is a very difficult task... Personally, I like Ancient Greek and Roman names. However, I am so bad at giving names to my characters (they are either taken or somehow the names I choose have sexual connotations lol), I usually end up asking other people or stealing the names of older friends who aren't playing anymore. Good luck choosing something! :)

Thank you!!! Now I'm psyched about meeting her. That's a very interesting name, and appears to go against traditional Kaldorei naming conventions. Now I want to learn more...

Most of the time, for NE anyway, the name I choose comes from or is a modified version of something I find on http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/girlnames.html . The person who created the site uses LotR naming conventions and language knowledge to translate common female human names. For example, my BE hunter on Mal'Ganis is named 'Laiquardiel', which is the translation for 'Daphne', and means 'orange bay tree'. That's not my favorite name choice, but I don't regret naming her that. I use a few different sites that have information on various other Elvish languages to create new names by smooshing together words. Most names tend to end in -iel, -wen, -ell, and sometimes just -a. There are so many good names I've found this way. Sometimes I have to admit to choosing these Elvish names even for human characters, but I also like to translate names from different real-life languages. 'Elyzaveta' (for a human priestess) is one of my favorite results of that, being close to the translation of 'Elizabeth' in either a Slavic or Baltic language (I can't remember which). I am part Lithuanian, part German, and part Irish, among other things, so I like taking names from those languages, sometimes modifying them a bit.

Good luck on finding a name, as well! I've tried many different Greek and Roman options in the past, and the only one I was ever able to claim was 'Psykhe'. They are definitely hard to pin down, as many were taken years ago.

Thanks a ton for your reply!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew that site, but I never realised the depth into it. And 'Psykhe' is an amazing name!

You seem to know a lot about name giving :D Don't be surprised if I contact you at some point in the future if I need any help!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zadina said:

I knew that site, but I never realised the depth into it. And 'Psykhe' is an amazing name!

You seem to know a lot about name giving :D Don't be surprised if I contact you at some point in the future if I need any help!

I would love to help! I can also provide a list of names that I've chosen in the past and show you what I like about them, what they mean, etc. I'd have to compile a list of 'scrap' sources - the ones I take pieces from and combine to come up with names from various Elvish resources - but that would probably be pretty easy. (I'd prefer to share the list in private, as I'm in the process of nabbing names on a new alt server, Dragonblight, and have to prevent others from taking my ideas.)  :D  Just say the word and I'll get it all ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      A list of all class changes and Tier Set Bonus adjustments of this week's 7.2.5 build.
      Warriors went through lots of changes in the latest build, Fists of Fury now have an 8yd range & more.
      Concordance of Legionfall (Legion Infinite Trait)
      Concordance of the Legionfall Concordance of the Legionfall Concordance of the Legionfall Concordance of the Legionfall Class Changes
      Death Knight
      Chilled Heart // Chilled Heart Crystalline Swords Unholy Frenzy Vampiric Fangs // Vampiric Fangs // Vampiric Fangs Demon Hunter
      Demon Rage Empower Wards Eternal Hunger // Eternal Hunger First Blood Imprison Druid
      Backlash Soul of the Forest Hunter
      Deathstrike Venom Mok'Nathal Tactics Scatter Shot Sniper Shot The Beast Within T.N.T. Wild Protector Monk
      Fists of Fury Keg Smash Purifying Brew Stormstout's Last Gasp Paladin
      Blessing of the Ashbringer Eye of Tyr Judgment of Blood Seraphim's Blessing Priest
      Call to the Void Lash of Insanity Plea Power Word: Shield The Alabaster Lady Rogue
      Assassination Rogue Flat % increase - Assassination Rogue Toxic Blade Shaman
      Crashing Lightning Earth Shield Ethereal Form Spark of Ra-den Smoldering Heart Warlock
      Affiliction Warlock Flat % increase - Affliction Warlock Haunt Warrior
      Fury Warrior Flat % increase - Fury Warrior Deadly Calm Exploit the Weakness Fervor of Battle Focused Rage Frenzy Opportunity Strikes // Opportunity Strikes Ravager Rend Titanic Might Trauma Whirlwind Tier Set Bonus Update
      Death Knight
      Item - Death Knight T20 Frost 2P Bonus Druid
      Item - Druid T20 Restoration 4P Bonus Paladin
      Item - Paladin T20 Protection 2P Bonus Item - Paladin T20 Protection 4P Bonus Shaman
      Item - Shaman T19 Enhancement 4P Bonus Item - Shaman T20 Elemental 2P Bonus
    • By Stan

      This week's 7.2.5 PTR Build added 27 new Legendary items to the game.
      Here's a list of all new Legendary items added in Build 24163. The second round of new items can be found here and for "Hellfire Amulets" don't forget to check out the first round.
      Death Knight
      Cold Heart Death Screamers Soulflayer's Corruption Demon Hunter
      Chaos Theory Oblivion's Embrace Druid
      Behemoth Headdress Fury of Nature Radiant Moonlight Hunter
      Celerity of the Windrunners Parsel's Tongue Unseen Predator's Cloak Mage
      Contained Infernal Core Mantle of the First Kirin Tor Shattered Fragments of Sindragosa Monk
      The Wind Blows Paladin
      Pillars of Inmost Light Scarlet Inquisitor's Expurgation Priest
      Heart of the Void Rogue
      The Curse of Restlessness The Empty Crown The First of the Dead Shaman
      Primal Ascendant's Stormcallers Smoldering Heart Warlock
      The Master Harvester Warrior
      Ararat's Bloodmirror The Great Storm's Eye Valarjar Berserkers
    • By Starym

       
      Better stats and scaling in PvE, worse scaling in PvP and more changes are live.
      Update 2: Today's hotfixes didn't bring any additional info on the procc rate buff, but did offer some insight from the devs as to why the changes happened in the first place. You can check them out here.

      Update: It seems the procc rate was buffed as well and we'll find out the exact details in the hotfix notes later today.

      After the big announcement about the Artifact Knowledge cap being reduced, today we're getting a bit of an offset (or consolation prize for some) as the "infinity trait" aka Concordance of the Legionfall just got buffed, at least in PvE. The changes are up already on live servers.
      Placeholder for tweet 867444216745439232 It did not get the base buff PvP, however, and the scaling actually got nerfed:
      Placeholder for tweet 867444363655233536 We also got some clarifications on when exactly the PvP tuning comes into effect:
      Placeholder for tweet 867445986959818752 And in the most recent update, we found out the procc rate was buffed as well, but we'll be getting more details later:
      Placeholder for tweet 867452620767600640
    • By Starym

       
      A very short list today, with just 1 item on the agenda: the Concordance changes. Unfortunately we didn't get any more detailed info on the exact proc rate increase, but we did get some insight into the overall changes from the devs.
      May 24 (source)
      Artifacts
      Concordance of the Legionfall Chance to activate slightly increased. Now grants 4,000 Strength, Agility, Intellect, or Versatility at rank 1 (was 2,000). Additional ranks now increase this value by 300 per rank (was 200). Effects are now reduced by 50% in PvP situations. Developers’ Note: While additional ranks of Concordance of Legionfall are intended to have a low impact, the trait was overall weaker than it needed to be. With these changes, it provides a stronger up-front benefit, and very slightly more value for Artifact Power spent past the first rank. These changes also result in an overall nerf in PvP, where we are continuing to monitor its performance. Previous hotfixes (May 22nd).
    • By Starym

       
      Mione is back at it and this time it was the Emerald Nightmare's own Cenarius that went down vs. the lone Vengeance Demon Hunter. Pretty damn impressive since EN is technically still the same tier as the current endgame raid, Nighthold (even though it's waay behind on item levels). The fight itself is pretty exhilarating as well, as the health on the DH keeps flying up and down the whole time!
       
      And here's the armory link for the 918 ilev Demon Hunter.