Rude

Should I be holding my VoiT until after my first VB?

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I know Void Torrent is my highest priority. But I feel like using first VB to make sure my dots get refreshed is more important.

Is it more important to max/min my insanity decay (Use VoiT instantly) or make sure my DOT uptime is maximized?

I'm doing the same, by the time I usually enter bioscience both dots are close to expiring. I always try for the void bolt too but I did manage to be too late with it sometimes. Nothing sux more than having to reapply dots while in voidform.

In my opinion, refresh your dots prior to entering Void Form if they're below 6-7 seconds. And don't burn Void Torrent or Mindbender right upon entering voidform - build up a few stacks first so the decay is actually noticeable. Then start rotating in cooldowns to stay in voidform longer. The whole idea is to maximize voidform uptime, and the longer you can stay in voidform, a) the more damage you can pump out due to increased haste, and b) the faster you'll get back into voidform once you drop. Basically i see each cast of voidform as a personal challenge to see how many stacks I can accrue before my insanity hits zero. 

The endgame being preparation for using Surrender to Madness, which is by far my favorite new ability in this expansion. My record so far (and this is at pre-110 gear levels, priest wasn't my first priority for leveling) is 34 stacks. StM triples your Insanity generation, so if I can manage insanity equally well I have the potential to sit in voidform for a good 60-90 seconds. That said, the additional haste from being in voidform for over a minute may make it that much easier to stay up. I've seen mediocre usage of this cooldown in heroics and it's still ridiculously powerful. Enough to outpace my 840 ilvl Demo lock's burst. And the guy was only in StM for about 25 seconds.

Edited by Smacktard
  • Like 1

I've found that it varies on the fight. In fights where I instantly pop StM and I'm expecting the fight to last long enough for me to use VoiT twice if I time it right, I pop it almost instantly - possibly I Mind Blast first if my DoTs can stay up long enough.

For fights where I know I'll only get one VoiT off, I just hold off using it for as long as possible. Remember a lot of haste stacks makes it deal a lot more damage.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input here, should be good for anyone that's looking it up to find the same info!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Enqua
      Hi,
      I have a question: For the ascendance / gambler build the haste stat is on top of the priority list. Our trinket priority list shows that a static mastery stat increase via a trinket is higher on the priority than a static haste increase.
      How come? 
      Regards, Enqua
    • By Ashiraya
      Hello! My priest https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/lilein has amassed quite the collection of trinkets and I am not sure which ones to pick. 
      I have:
      925 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue with socket
      910 int/haste stat stick with speed
      915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion
      915 Terror From Below
      915 Charm of the Rising Tide
      Which ones are best? I usually look at the guides for this kind of thing but strangely the spriest guide lacks trinket recommendations. :(
    • By cruizerdog
      Hey, so I've recently decided to main a BM hunter for the rest of legion and was just curious if there was some helpful tips out there (I've been reading up on the guides/forum posts but trying to see if I'm doing ok).

this is me. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nagrand/greenmidget

sorry, I haven't done this before so I don't have any data to link or know how to use stuff like Warcraft logs or sims. I've also haven't done many runs of tombs yet so don't have any tier pieces.

looking at the icy veins guides I've talented for dire frenzy but didn't realise how much mastery I ended up with. Have I gone too crazy with mastery, should I be adjusting my stat prio better? Thinking I should probably gem for more haste. Most of my enchants/ gems I'm using are just ones I had the highest rank for and cheapest to make so my necklace is probably enchanted wrong.

i probably specced for mostly single target and think I've been doing fairly poorly for AoE damage compared to other people around my ilvl. Although I know to use multi-shot to refresh beast cleave I probably spam multi-shot more than the 4 secs needed, don't really use dire frenzy effectively, use titan's thunder basically whenever it's off cooldown, don't really know when I'm meant to be using aspect of the wild or whether I should be using beastial wrath in AoE fights. Should I be using murder of crows in AoE fights as well or is it just a waste of focus?

For single target I think I'm doing alright so far (only recently got the legendary boots so not sure how much the kill command cooldown should affect my rotation). Still don't really know when the best time is to be using aspect of the wild but I was basically doing the same as the icy veins guide. My opening sequence is usually something like Murder of crows, beastial wrath, titans thunder, then just kill command, cobra shot, kill command cobra shot etc.

Looking at icy veins guide I think I'm meant to be doing murder of the crows, beastial wrath, dire frenzy, titans thunder, then another dire frenzy straight away, aspect of the wild then normal rotation. After that it's just kill command/cobra shot I guess. While beastiality wrath is in effect should I only be spamming kill command/cobra shot for the quick cooldowns or should I still be using dire frenzy during this time? I use titan thunder when it's off cooldown and dire frenzy whenever it has 2 stacks. I usually just used murder of the crows when it was off cooldown but the guide seems to indicate that I should wait the extra 30 seconds and time it with my next bestial wrath. As for aspect of the wild I usually forget I even have this move and don't use it effectively, do I wait and combined it with bestial wrath? Wait and use it when I'm low on focus? Or use it as soon as it's off cooldown?

Thanks for listening to my rambling and hopefully thanks for your reply.

P.S. It's probably more of a personally choice or situational choice I guess but should I be talenting myself more for AoE for mythics. Example, one with the pack, volley, aspect of the beast?

• By serialkrusher
      during the hunter of hereos quest my armor broke i couldnt fight any longer. the only option i had was to hearth to dalaran to repair now i cant get back. i cant abandon the quest either im completely stuck
    • By Sojnekah
      Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
      24% Critical Strike
      29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
      Cobra
      Frenzy
      Posthaste
      Bestial
      Int
      Crow
      Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks