Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rude

Should I be holding my VoiT until after my first VB?

5 posts in this topic

I know Void Torrent is my highest priority. But I feel like using first VB to make sure my dots get refreshed is more important.

Is it more important to max/min my insanity decay (Use VoiT instantly) or make sure my DOT uptime is maximized?

I'm doing the same, by the time I usually enter bioscience both dots are close to expiring. I always try for the void bolt too but I did manage to be too late with it sometimes. Nothing sux more than having to reapply dots while in voidform.

In my opinion, refresh your dots prior to entering Void Form if they're below 6-7 seconds. And don't burn Void Torrent or Mindbender right upon entering voidform - build up a few stacks first so the decay is actually noticeable. Then start rotating in cooldowns to stay in voidform longer. The whole idea is to maximize voidform uptime, and the longer you can stay in voidform, a) the more damage you can pump out due to increased haste, and b) the faster you'll get back into voidform once you drop. Basically i see each cast of voidform as a personal challenge to see how many stacks I can accrue before my insanity hits zero. 

The endgame being preparation for using Surrender to Madness, which is by far my favorite new ability in this expansion. My record so far (and this is at pre-110 gear levels, priest wasn't my first priority for leveling) is 34 stacks. StM triples your Insanity generation, so if I can manage insanity equally well I have the potential to sit in voidform for a good 60-90 seconds. That said, the additional haste from being in voidform for over a minute may make it that much easier to stay up. I've seen mediocre usage of this cooldown in heroics and it's still ridiculously powerful. Enough to outpace my 840 ilvl Demo lock's burst. And the guy was only in StM for about 25 seconds.

Edited by Smacktard
1 person likes this

I've found that it varies on the fight. In fights where I instantly pop StM and I'm expecting the fight to last long enough for me to use VoiT twice if I time it right, I pop it almost instantly - possibly I Mind Blast first if my DoTs can stay up long enough.

For fights where I know I'll only get one VoiT off, I just hold off using it for as long as possible. Remember a lot of haste stacks makes it deal a lot more damage.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the input here, should be good for anyone that's looking it up to find the same info!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Elliya
      Hey guys,
      I am writing for DPS help. I am currently doing crap DPS pretty regularly. I was the top DPS in casual raids for a very long time with 870-880 gear. Around New Years, I was playing while very inebriated. I equipped a bunch of the wrong gear and sold the stuff I took off. I went through the Blizzard gear recovery to get back the pieces I vendored but they were rerolled (upgraded items that were vendored at 875 came back as the base level). I have since upgraded most of the pieces and increased my item level by 11. My DPS is worse now than it was almost 20 ILs lower.
      Issues:
      DPS - lower than it was when my gear and IL was much worse.
      Astral Power generation - I feel like I am generating Astral Power far slower than the other balance druid in raid.
      Rotation:
      I follow the recommended rotations, precasting Solar Wrath when able. Otherwise its Moonfire, Sunfire, New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon, Starsurge.
      Gear:
      Besides what is equipped, I have Whispers in the Dark 880, Oakheart's Gnarled Root 885. I have 3 of the set pieces (Robe of the Astral Warden 880, Cloak of the Astral Warden 875, Hood of the Astral Warden 875) but they are all significantly lower in IL than my current gear. I have four legendaries, the two I am wearing,  Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds and Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess.
      Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Zul'jin/Elliya/simple
      Logs:
      I used to out DPS the other balance druid in guid, Netcat. Now he destroys me.
      Spellblade Raid Personal
      Krosus Raid Personal
      Star Augur Raid Personal

• By DonLionheart
      Hello all,
      I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0
      I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced
      I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.
      -Don
      P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.
    • By oktaykalfa
      Hello There,
      i'm having problem with my dps. I need to know what is wrong with me.
      Combat Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZRgB1bnXhjMP9yFm#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=28
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Serrâ/advanced
      Thanks.
    • By Cannotbecontained
      Currently I'm an iLevel of 872 and am putting out far less DPS than I should. On the boss level training dummy I can maintain around 300k and burst up to 400k w/ PI. Which I also know with my iLevel is probably still considered on the lower end of good. However, once I step into a boss fight my DPS barely surpasses our tanks.

I'm beginning to think I have no idea how to approach a rotation because of these numbers

Please help with whatever advice you can offer!

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ros/simple

And my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 845/latest

Let me know what you think!
    • By Wonderdog
      LOGS:   https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XrLzyCtFhNZ49RVW/#type=damage-done&source=19

Hi all, looking for some advice on SPriest. Recently leveled and geared up in order to fill a ranged slot in guild, but my DPS feels very light. I'm ranking in the bottom 10% of parses on Normal NH (see logs of latest run).

I'm not running a STM build, I'm living through fights - and as far as I can tell have stuck pretty rigidly to the recommended rotation and gearing (~12k haste, mastery > crit), my DOT uptime is solid, and I'm stringing out voidform as well as I can. I've got 35 points in my weapon.

Any advice appreciated!

#Wonderdog