Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Alarak

Recommended Posts

Guest Darkness

I don't understand one thing, Why is it called "Discord Strike Build" when not a single talent towards Discord Strike is being used in the build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Darkness said:

I don't understand one thing, Why is it called "Discord Strike Build" when not a single talent towards Discord Strike is being used in the build?

I made a mistake with the HTML, but have since corrected the issue. It is now displaying correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Phenom

Maybe you know it already but havent write that yet about Alarak tactic vs Tracer. I notice that Alarak Counter-Strike protect against Tracer's R ability from damage. So maybe work against other high damage ability as well like Kael Fireball(?) And more. A tips if face Tracer. 

 

Otherwise CS are do not any damage back against all push (Auriel push, Thralls ultime etc), silence (Alarak) and more. CS may ability protect you from damage if use it right but Alarak do zero damage from his Counter-Strike ability if it isnt normal attack without any effect. 

Good against suprise attack when come from Sylvanas or Li-ming. 

 

I have not have any problem against Li-Ming. But maybe just me have face any good Li-ming player yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Phenom said:

Maybe you know it already but havent write that yet about Alarak tactic vs Tracer. I notice that Alarak Counter-Strike protect against Tracer's R ability from damage. So maybe work against other high damage ability as well like Kael Fireball(?) And more. A tips if face Tracer. 

 

Otherwise CS are do not any damage back against all push (Auriel push, Thralls ultime etc), silence (Alarak) and more. CS may ability protect you from damage if use it right but Alarak do zero damage from his Counter-Strike ability if it isnt normal attack without any effect. 

Good against suprise attack when come from Sylvanas or Li-ming. 

 

I have not have any problem against Li-Ming. But maybe just me have face any good Li-ming player yet. 

The guide is currently in an early release state, as the meta surrounding Alarak has not yet fully developed. That being said, let's talk about this stuff!

It is true that you can block a high damage Ability with Counter-Strike, and it does have a low cooldown. In some scenarios, it would be a great take at Level 10. I currently have Counter-Strike listed as a situational pick, because I think that Deadly Charge is better most of the time. Deadly Charge gives Alarak a massive gap-closer that deals a ton of damage as Alarak passes through enemies.

Tracer counters Alarak not because of her Heroic, but because of the constant damage stream from ReloadReload and her mobility from BlinkBlink. As for Li-Ming, I think it may be that you have not run into a good one yet. Even with Deadly Charge, Alarak simply lacks the tools to get into and stay within range of a Li-Ming who is respecting his position. She can throw damage at you from complete safety, because Magic MissilesMagic Missiles and Arcane OrbArcane Orb both out-range your highest range Basic Ability, Telekinesis. Unless she makes a mistake, all you can do is dodge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Phenom
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Straften said:

The guide is currently in an early release state, as the meta surrounding Alarak has not yet fully developed. That being said, let's talk about this stuff!

It is true that you can block a high damage Ability with Counter-Strike, and it does have a low cooldown. In some scenarios, it would be a great take at Level 10. I currently have Counter-Strike listed as a situational pick, because I think that Deadly Charge is better most of the time. Deadly Charge gives Alarak a massive gap-closer that deals a ton of damage as Alarak passes through enemies.

Tracer counters Alarak not because of her Heroic, but because of the constant damage stream from ReloadReload and her mobility from BlinkBlink. As for Li-Ming, I think it may be that you have not run into a good one yet. Even with Deadly Charge, Alarak simply lacks the tools to get into and stay within range of a Li-Ming who is respecting his position. She can throw damage at you from complete safety, because Magic MissilesMagic Missiles and Arcane OrbArcane Orb both out-range your highest range Basic Ability, Telekinesis. Unless she makes a mistake, all you can do is dodge.

Ok, I still havent face a good Li-ming I guess. Otherwise I have face Sgt Hammer and give Alarak really problem which I agree. And Tracer are hard to face alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest WIZBIZ

I disagree with the weakness heroes entirely. If you grab the extra push distance and range on telekinesis, alarak makes Sgt hammer an easier kill if he has a helper with him. You just charge at her then push and silence her. Dead hammer. Same goes for Li-Ming and tracer, but you need the reduced cooldown on telekinesis rather than the range, all it takes is one landed discord strike and they're half dead. Then you can poke almost as effectively between lightning and a discord telekinesis combo on a 6 second cooldown.

 

In my opinion his real weaknesses are high sustain heroes like butcher, illidan (he dodges discord ezpz), raynor(silence doesn't block adrenaline rush), tychus etc who can deal a lot of damage without relying on abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

I disagree with the weakness heroes entirely.

Nowhere near well versed enough with this hero to be able to respond properly, but I'm just tagging @Straften here. Wanted to comment to say that we are reading and taking note of what you're saying, but he'll be able to give a proper response/analysis of your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

I disagree with the weakness heroes entirely.

Alright, let's take a look.

3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

If you grab the extra push distance and range on telekinesis, alarak makes Sgt hammer an easier kill if he has a helper with him.

The weaknesses of any Hero can be helped by teammates. This is what makes the draft so important, and why certain team compositions have significant advantages over others.

3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

...alarak makes Sgt hammer an easier kill if he has a helper with him. You just charge at her then push and silence her. Dead hammer.

Any Hero in the game is susceptible to being ganked, which is essentially what you are describing here with Sgt. Hammer. There are other factors at work here too; maybe I should add these to the explanation in the guide.

One of Alarak's most inherent weaknesses is his lack of waveclear. Sgt. Hammer will always outpush him in a 1v1 lane, and in most 2v2 lanes as well. This means that the Minions will be pushed forward. Alarak will be unable to safely charge straight at her, because he will draw agro from the Minion wave. If he does charge forward tanking damage, it is a red flag to Hammer that she may be getting ganked. A cautious player will simply move away and spit out Spider MinesSpider Mines. Hammer will usually maintain lane superiority until the map objective spawns. At this point Alarak will be forced to decide between clearing and catching up in experience, or allowing his structures to take damage while he heads to the objective with an experience disadvantage.

3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

Same goes for Li-Ming and tracer, but you need the reduced cooldown on telekinesis rather than the range, all it takes is one landed discord strike and they're half dead. Then you can poke almost as effectively between lightning and a discord telekinesis combo on a 6 second cooldown.

Charging at Li-Ming is an incredibly bad idea, as she will easily kite away from you while inflicting massive damage. I would recommend avoiding her as much as possible until your team is ready to deal with her with you. Also, landing Discord Strike on a good Tracer is pretty much a pipe dream.

3 hours ago, Guest WIZBIZ said:

In my opinion his real weaknesses are high sustain heroes like butcher, illidan (he dodges discord ezpz), raynor(silence doesn't block adrenaline rush), tychus etc who can deal a lot of damage without relying on abilities.

These are good points, and are worth watching. As the meta continues to develop, I will update all sections of the guide with new information. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Phenom

I disagree that Raynor Tychus have not give me a problem as you say. Tychus can you silence and stop his damage pretty easy and so on. 

Butcher strong autoattack and charge stun (late game) can give you problem then he get good start instead you start the fight and Illidan with jumping around make it hard to hits him with Alarak ability and they both mention are pretty strong duelist. That in my eyes I think you WIZBIZ may see them as a problem for Alarak. Alarak can be strong duelist but not easy duelist as Alarak as it is duelist as Illidan, Thrall or Kerrigan for example. 

I think Alarak strenght lies in teamfight. If Alarak pick second ultimate at lvl 20 then can Charge in the fight and try hits many enemy heroes as possible (at maps like get Punisher, Immortal and more) then Counter-Strike right after. Alarak have pretty high damage ultime and his strenght lies in ability that hit enemys heroes. So it can be be worth pick second ultime when playing Alarak. Alarak is unique assassin compare with other assassins. Alarak is actually pure Assassin that focus is on killing other team heros. And Alarak is one strongest on ganks other hero. But also it can easy get backfire and get gank as Alarak.

I hope my english wasnt so bad, if so I am very sorry :-( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest Phenom said:

I disagree that Raynor Tychus have not give me a problem as you say. Tychus can you silence and stop his damage pretty easy and so on. 

Butcher strong autoattack and charge stun (late game) can give you problem then he get good start instead you start the fight and Illidan with jumping around make it hard to hits him with Alarak ability and they both mention are pretty strong duelist. That in my eyes I think you WIZBIZ may see them as a problem for Alarak. Alarak can be strong duelist but not easy duelist as Alarak as it is duelist as Illidan, Thrall or Kerrigan for example. 

I think Alarak strenght lies in teamfight. If Alarak pick second ultimate at lvl 20 then can Charge in the fight and try hits many enemy heroes as possible (at maps like get Punisher, Immortal and more) then Counter-Strike right after. Alarak have pretty high damage ultime and his strenght lies in ability that hit enemys heroes. So it can be be worth pick second ultime when playing Alarak. Alarak is unique assassin compare with other assassins. Alarak is actually pure Assassin that focus is on killing other team heros. And Alarak is one strongest on ganks other hero. But also it can easy get backfire and get gank as Alarak.

I hope my english wasnt so bad, if so I am very sorry :-( 

The Butcher and Illidan can both be annoying to deal with on Alarak. When facing The Butcher, Counter-Strike does seem like a good idea; however, I am not sure it would be very effective against Illidan. I will need to consider this and pick into Illidan this week in order to gather the necessary information; it does seem Illidan may belong on the counter list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Phenom

New change with Zarya Patch for Alarak are not big change. But Counter Strike now making Alarak Unstoppable and with increased damage can do 550 damage AoE front of Alarak. Which I think making a bit more viable take two Ultime ability. Then Alaraks strenght lies in ability damage against enemys heroes like a mage.

Counter Strike is now much better in teamfight there before the patch can be hard do damage because not only enemy heroes need to attack you but also can be countred by some crowd control which cancel Counter Strike before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guest Phenom said:

New change with Zarya Patch for Alarak are not big change. But Counter Strike now making Alarak Unstoppable and with increased damage can do 550 damage AoE front of Alarak. Which I think making a bit more viable take two Ultime ability. Then Alaraks strenght lies in ability damage against enemys heroes like a mage.

Counter Strike is now much better in teamfight there before the patch can be hard do damage because not only enemy heroes need to attack you but also can be countred by some crowd control which cancel Counter Strike before. 

Counter-Strike is much more useful now that it also makes Alarak Unstoppable. I feel like it is a great option, and I take it much more often than I did before. I am very happy to see this change. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2017 at 10:07 PM, Guest Farbas said:

The build should indicate if we should take Deadly Charge or Counter Strike first

I believe it does. You only take the double ult for the second build. The first build focuses on resets using Hasty Bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2017 at 10:50 AM, Blainie said:

I believe it does. You only take the double ult for the second build. The first build focuses on resets using Hasty Bargain.

Sure, but that wasn't my question. In the build where you take both ults, which one should we take at lvl 10 and which one can wait until lvl 20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farbas said:

Sure, but that wasn't my question. In the build where you take both ults, which one should we take at lvl 10 and which one can wait until lvl 20?

It depends on the team compositions. If you have no heroes that can start a teamfight, picking Deadly ChargeDeadly Charge is often better, especially on maps where you expect to see teamfights early on. If you feel like you'll need more survivability before you hit level 20, or if you already have enough team engaging heroes, Counter-StrikeCounter-Strike is usually better.
The build itself recommends taking Counter-StrikeCounter-Strike first. I rarely find myself in position where Counter-StrikeCounter-Strike would be required, so I pick Deadly ChargeDeadly Charge most of the time.
So, to sum this up - pick what you feel is better for given situation (or a skill you are more comfortable with), and if you have no idea what to pick, take Counter-StrikeCounter-Strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest XeaKon said:

I think the discord strike build would benefit more from talents that increase the range and push of telekinesis and also increase the silence duration

.https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/alarak#24.0!2111124

I feel like taking the talents that aim to buff the range/push are essentially just making up for one of two situations: either you are chasing an enemy after a fight that has likely already been won, or you aren't positioning yourself well enough to engage. I'm sure the build does work, but I don't think the talents are worth taking unless you are really struggling to get decent picks with the current build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lt.Grapefruit

Many of alarak's values are incorrect. Such as his healing on sustained power is 40% not 25%, Negatively channeled gives a base 150 and continually 3% not 200% and 5%. There are quite a few more inconsistencies in his talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Lt.Grapefruit said:

Many of alarak's values are incorrect. Such as his healing on sustained power is 40% not 25%, Negatively channeled gives a base 150 and continually 3% not 200% and 5%. There are quite a few more inconsistencies in his talents.

The tooltips are out of date - the tooltip bot must have messed up, thanks for pointing it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Staff
      Blizzard released a balance patch for Heroes of the Storm late at night. Check out the official patch notes for more details!
      (Source)
      Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with Hero balance changes! Read on for details.
      Quick Navigation:
      Heroes Bug Fixes Heroes
      TANK BRUISER HEALER MELEE RANGED Blaze D.Va Anduin Kerrigan Cassia Mei Gazlowe Auriel Valeera Fenix   Hogger Brightwing   Gul'dan   Imperius Deckard   Kael'thas   Ragnaros Lucio   Nazeebo     Stukov   Tychus         Zul'jin Return to Top
      Tank
      Blaze
      Talents
      Level 1 Endurance Stimpack [Active] Shield amount increased from 530 to 590. Neural Stimpack [Active] Cooldown reduced from 40 to 30 seconds. Level 7 Grill and Kill [W] Damage bonus increased from 20% to 35%. Adhesive Petroleum [W] Slow increased from 35% to 40%. Level 13 Nanomachine Coating [W] Duration increased from 2.5 to 3 seconds. Return to Top
      Mei
      Base
      Snow Blind [Q] Slow and Blind duration increased from 1.5 to 1.75 seconds. Talents
      Level 1 Heavy Pack [Q] Cooldown reduction increased from .25 to .5 seconds. Additional functionality: Each time Blizzard damages an enemy Hero, gain 3 Mana. Ice Storm [W] Bonus final Stun damage increased from 125% to 150%. Level 4 Slushball [Q] Bonus damage increased from 50% to 75%. Cold Front [E] Adjusted functionality: Reduce the cooldown of Icing by 4 seconds. If Mei enters her own Blizzard while Icing is active, the cooldown of Icing is reduced by 5 seconds and she gains 80 Mana. Level 10 Ice Wall [R2] Cooldown reduced from 70 to 50 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 60 to 50. Level 13 Flurry [W] Cooldown reduction increased from 100% to 125%. Return to Top
      Bruiser
      D.Va
      Base
      Mech Health Reduced from 2250 to 2150. Mech Health Regeneration reduced from 4.69 to 4.48. Talents
      Level 10 Bunny Hop [R1] Damage increased from 52 to 70. Return to Top
      Gazlowe
      Base
      Xplodium Charge [E] Damage reduced from 155 to 142. Talents
      Level 10 Grav-O-Bomb 3000 [R2] Damage reduced from 235 to 220. Level 13 Superior Schematics [Q] Bonus range reduced from 50% to 30%. Return to Top
      Hogger
      Base
      Health reduced from 2320 to 2260. Health Regeneration reduced from 4.83 to 4.71. Loot Hoard [D] Meat duration reduced from 5 to 4 seconds. Talents
      Level 1 Journeyman Cooking [W] Healing increased from 6% to 8% maximum Health. On The Prowl [Active] Cooldown reduced from 45 to 40 seconds. Healing per second increased from 6 to 9. Level 4 Brute Force [Q/D] Bonus for hitting enemy Heroes into terrain increased from 2 to 8. Maximum bonus damage increased from 100 to 125. Aggro Range [E] Bonus Rage against non-Heroic enemies reduced from 1 to .5. Bonus Rage against enemy Heroes reduced from 3 to 2. Level 7 Seeing Red [Q/E] Attack Speed bonus increased from 25% to 35%. Garbage Fire [Trait] Loot Hoard cooldown reduction reduced from 4 to 2 seconds. Damage reduced from 25 to 23. Level 10 Hoardapult [R1] Cooldown increased from 50 to 60 seconds. Damage reduced from 140 to 100. Shockwave [R2] Primary Stun duration increased from 1.25 to 1.5 seconds. Primary damage increased from 306 to 335. Secondary damage increased from 210 to 230. Level 13 Dust Devil [E] Armor bonus when below 50 Rage reduced from 30 to 20. Armor bonus when above 50 Rage reduced from 50 to 40. Pummel [E] Slow duration increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds. Level 16 Kablooie! [W] Damage bonus increased from 40% to 50%. Return to Top
      Imperius
      Talents
      Level 1 Impaling Light [Q] Damage bonus per Valorous Brand reduced from 125% to 75%. Level 4 Sovereign Armor [E] Armor amount reduced from 25 to 20. Level 10 Angelic Armaments [R1] Shield amount reduced from 1000 to 850. Return to Top
      Ragnaros
      Talents
      Level 1 Shifting Meteor [W] Damage bonus per hit increased from 5% to 6%. Level 7 Molten Power [Passive] New functionality: If Living Meteor hits enemy Heroes at least 5 times, then reduce its cooldown by 7 seconds, and refund 30 Mana. Return to Top
      Healer
      Anduin
      Talents
      Level 20 Light of Stormwind [R1] Additional functionality: If Holy Word: Salvation lasts for its full duration, then reduce its cooldown by 60 seconds. Desperate Prayer [Active] Cooldown reduced from 40 to 30 seconds. Return to Top
      Auriel
      Talents
      Level 4 Heavy Burden [E] Adjusted functionality: Detainment Strike Slows enemy Heroes for 20% for 2.5 seconds. Slow and duration doubled on enemies it Stuns. Return to Top
      Brightwing
      Talents
      Level 13 Safety Dust [E] Adjusted functionality: Increase Pixie Dust duration by 1 second. Soothing Mist and Blink Heal heal allies with an active Pixie Dust for 75% more. Return to Top
      Deckard
      Talents
      Level 20 Morenados! [R2] Additional functionality: Adds another charge. Return to Top
      Lucio
      Talents
      Level 7 Good Vibrations [Q] Shield amount increased from 35 to 38. Boombox [Active] Boombox no longer has a duration. Level 10 High Five [R2] Cooldown increased from 15 to 20 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 35 to 30. Additional functionality: Heals Lucio for 125 and grants him Unstoppable for 1 second. Level 16 Up to Eleven [E] No longer an activated ability. Adjusted functionality: Increase the duration of Amp It Up by 1 second. Level 20 Summer Anthem [Active] Cooldown reduced from 75 to 60 seconds. Additional functionality: Now also affects Lucio. Mixing Fire [R2] No longer increases the duration of Amp It Up by 1 second. Additional functionality: Reduce the cost and cooldown of High Five by 50%. Return to Top
      Stukov
      Talents
      Level 1 Fetid Touch [W] Number of enemy Heroes hit for final quest requirement reduced from 30 to 25. Reactive Ballistospores [W] Cooldown increased from 15 to 25 seconds. Low Blow [E] Health threshold for bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%. Level 4 Biotic Armor [Q] Armor amount reduced from 15 to 10. Level 13 It Hungers [E] Number of enemy Hero hits required reduced from 10 to 8. Return to Top
      Melee Assassin
      Kerrigan
      Talents
      Level 7 Queen of Blades [Q] Damage bonus increased from 50% to 100%. Ravage cooldown reduction increased from 2 to 3 seconds. Return to Top
      Valeera
      Base
      Sinister Strike [Q] Energy cost reduced from 30 to 25. Talents
      Level 4 Relentless Strikes [Q] Energy cost reduction reduced from 15 to 10. Level 16 Thistle Tea [Active] Cooldown reduced from 40 to 20 seconds. Level 20 Adrenaline Rush [R1] Additional functionality: Smoke Bomb Armor increased from 30 to 60. Return to Top
      Ranged Assassin
      Cassia
      Base
      Basic Attack damage reduced from 125 to 120. Lightning Fury [Q] Damage reduced from 165 to 158. Fend [E] Damage reduced from 34 to 32. Return to Top
      Fenix
      Talents
      Level 4 Inhibiting Energy [W] No longer requires the primary target to be a Hero to Slow enemies in an area. Return to Top
      Gul'dan
      Talents
      Level 10 Horrify [R1] Horrify can no longer be interrupted and put in a 10-second cooldown if Gul'dan is Stunned while it is being cast. Return to Top
      Kael'thas
      Talents
      Level 16 Twin Spheres [Trait] Additional functionality: Gain all level 7 talents. Return to Top
      Nazeebo
      Talents
      Level 13 Guardian Toads [E] Adjusted functionality: Hitting enemy Heroes with Plague of Toads grants 30 Armor for 1.5 seconds, stacking up to 4 seconds. Return to Top
      Tychus
      Talents
      Level 1 Quarterback [W] Bonus damage reduced from 20% to 10%. Return to Top
      Zul'jin
      Talents
      Level 1 Recklessness [D] Basic Attack damage bonus reduced from 20% to 15%. Additional functionality: While below 50% Health, Basic Attacks against Heroes grant an additional stack of You Want Axe?. Level 7 Vicious Assault [Q] Damage bonus increased from 35% to 45%. Level 13 Lacerate [W] Additional functionality: Slow duration is increased by .5 seconds. Ensnare [Active] Cooldown reduced from 45 to 40 seconds. Additional functionality: If no Heroes are hit, reduce the cooldown to 10 seconds. Level 16 No Mercy! [Q] Additional functionality: Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes marked with Grievous Throw deal an additional 2% of their maximum Health as damage. Return to Top
      Bug Fixes
      Heroes
      Murky Wrath of Cod now properly follows DoT rules. Tychus Melting Point now properly follows DoT rules. Return to Top
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Jaina Proudmoore guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Battlegrounds Spell Tier List guide.
    • By Stan
      Our writer Elitesparkle has created a video guide to help you become a better Stukov player.
      Here's the video guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Thrall guide.
×
×
  • Create New...