Nazeebo Build Guide “The spirits speak to me.”
Welcome to our guide for Nazeebo, a Ranged Specialist Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Nazeebo's Overview
Nazeebo is a low mobility Specialist, able to deal high sustained damage very safely and from a long range. Zombie Wall is a form of crowd control that is unique to Nazeebo. It can be used to isolate Heroes or split up the enemy team, especially when used in choke-points. Voodoo Ritual provides Nazeebo with a very large health pool, making him significantly more difficult to kill than most Assassins and Specialists.
2. Nazeebo's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Extremely high sustained damage
- Zombie Wall provides a unique form of crowd control
- Outstanding poke
- Voodoo Ritual provides Nazeebo with more health than almost any other Specialist, Support, or Assassin
- Very little Mana issues, except early game
- Can easily capture Mercenary Camps by himself
- Zombie Wall can be used to drain or soak Tower shots
3. Nazeebo's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Spider 2.0 BuildTalent calculator »
The Spider 2.0 Build offers strong single target damage and proves to be especially effective against targets with low mobility. The self-sustain provided by Hexed Crawlers should not be underestimated. At Level 13, Superstition can be a good alternative choice if the enemy team features a lot of long distance poke. Although Spider Colony seems like an obvious choice at Level 16, we prefer Soul Harvest, since the additional health and Spell Power enhances Nazeebo's combat performance greatly. If Level 20 is near and Nazeebo's Voodoo Ritual is nowhere near the required 175 stacks, Vile Infection should be replaced by Annihilating Spirit.
Toad BuildTalent calculator »
The Toad Build focuses on Nazeebo's Plague of Toads ability, which provides him with outstanding poke and strong waveclear. Gargantuan complements this playstyle very well, since Nazeebo tries to keep a healthy distance between himself and the enemy Warriors and melee Assassins. Once Toads of Hugeness has been acquired at Level 7, try to hit Minion Waves and Mercenary Camps from a large distance in order to deal the highest damage possible. At Level 13, Ice Block can sometimes be replaced by Guardian Toads, especially if the enemy team does not have a lot of burst damage. However, make sure that Soul Harvest gets picked up at Level 16 to further increase your survivability.
4. Nazeebo's Synergies and Counters
In order to make Nazeebo work, we recommend picking a burst-heavy Assassin like Jaina or Li-Ming to guarantee quick takedowns. Furthermore, crowd control is of the essence in order to help Nazeebo plant his Zombie Wall more easily. Hence, Warriors like E.T.C. or Muradin make for great allies when playing as Nazeebo.
Nazeebo is countered by high mobility Heroes who can easily able to dodge his abilities, Zombie Wall in particular. Furthermore, since most of Nazeebo's damage derives from his poison abilities, it allows Zarya to use use her shields very efficiently in order to charge her Energy level.
5. Nazeebo's Maps
Nazeebo excels at longer Skirmishes around Map Objectives, which makes him a valuable asset on Battlegrounds like Towers of Doom, Cursed Hollow, or Tomb of the Spider Queen. On the other hand, he is not a recommended pick on maps that require you to take down the Objective quickly, such as Battlefield of Eternity or Infernal Shrines, since he lacks any form of innate burst damage. Narrow choke points, allow Nazeebo's Zombie Wall to either trap or zone enemies very efficiently.
6. Nazeebo's Tips and Tricks
- Corpse Spiders are your main source of damage, throw them in the middle of the enemy team.
- Zombie Wall should be used purely for its utility, use it sparingly. It can also be used to attract Forts and Keeps when no friendly Minions are nearby.
- Plague of Toads can be difficult to hit, use it on enemies coming towards you.
- Gargantuan allows you to stay mobile while dealing plenty of damage at the same time.
- Ravenous Spirit can kill entire enemy teams if you can channel it uninterrupted. Make sure to cast it from a location that is hard to reach for the enemies.
- IMPORTANT: Poison Minions before killing them to increase your health and Mana with Voodoo Ritual. We strongly recommend trying to reach 175 stacks before Level 20 in order to get the significant late game power spike from Vile Infection.
7. Nazeebo's Role in the Current Meta
Nazeebo is able to safely deal very high sustained damage, making him a fantastic pick on maps that revolve around long, back and forth fighting over an Objective, such as Infernal Shrines, Sky Temple, and Cursed Hollow. A well placed Zombie Wall is extremely powerful and will often win your team the fight. It is especially effective on maps with multiple choke-points, such as Towers of Doom. Corpse Spiders and Gargantuan are mostly automated and Plague of Toads just needs to be cast in the general direction of the enemy. Only Zombie Wall requires precise accuracy and timing. The innate simplicity of Nazeebo's kit is beneficial, allowing him to give dangerous enemy Heroes, such as Kerrigan, The Butcher, and Jaina, a wide berth, while still contributing to a team fight.
While Nazeebo's playstyle is generally healthy for the team, it is important make sure that your team still has kill potential, through crowd control or raw burst damage. Without kill potential, the enemy team can simply out-heal your sustained damage with a sustained healer, like Malfurion or Auriel. Therefore, it is generally unwise to pick Nazeebo if you lack Heroes like Jaina, Kael'thas, Zeratul, Nova, Valla, or Li-Ming.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated the Soul Harvest description slightly.
- 23 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Added the Spider 2.0 Build and updated Spider Talents from 1 to 7 , as well as Annihilating Spirit at Level 20.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Changed Guardian Toads from Situational to Not Recommended.
- 09 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Nazeebo's talents, notably Spirit of Arachyr, Spider Colony, and Humongoid.
- 15 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Further updated Nazeebo's talents, notably Hexed Crawlers, Big Voodoo, and Soul Harvest.
- 12 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Balance patch update.
- Updated Ring of Poison description.
- Updated talent builds.
- 28 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Big Voodoo from Recommended to Not Recommended. Changed Blood Ritual from Not Recommended to Recommended and updated Talent Builds.
- 04 May 2017 (abilities page): Fixed instance where Gargantuan's cooldown had the wrong value.
- 04 May 2017 (talents page): Updated Gargantuan's and Vile Infection's talent descriptions.
- 05 Jan. 2017 (this page): Added Spider build and revisited some talent assessments.
- 28 Oct. 2016 (this page): Nazeebo rework released in the new guide format.
- Game Director Alan Dabiri Leaves Heroes Team
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- WTF Moments Episode 114
- Weekly Collection Update: October 16th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 12th
- Mal'Ganis Overview
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: October 8th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update: October 10th
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game
- Im trying to start up a team to improve
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Xul
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan