Nazeebo Build Guide “The spirits speak to me.”
Welcome to our guide for Nazeebo, a Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Nazeebo is a Mage able to deal a good amount of burst damage and a decent amount of sustained damage from the distance, provided with some crowd control and a high Health pool. While his damage looks decent at any stage of the game, Nazeebo becomes a real threat only in the late game.
Nazeebo's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Weak early game
- Zero mobility
Nazeebo's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Corpse Spiders BuildRecommended
Choose this Build when you need to take down an enemy Hero as fast as possible, especially if they dive on your team but also when your Tank has a short-range engage that can be used to crowd control a target and allow you to easily follow-up with all of your Abilities.
Zombie Wall BuildBeginner
Nazeebo's Zombie Wall Build combines a bit more safety with high damage output against enemy Heroes who cannot play around Zombie Wall by using their own Abilities or with the help of allied Heroes.
The increased casting range provided by Thing of the Deep at Level 1 helps Nazeebo hit enemies with his Abilities—especially Zombie Wall—and gives him extra safety at any stage of the game, unless dove.
While his early game damage is not that great, the additional Spell Power provided empowers both his Heroic Abilities, something that will compensate this little weakness during big team fights.
Plague of Toads BuildSituational
If you are playing on a Map where the Objective is valuable and takes over 30 seconds to be secured by one of the teams, this Build may be an option against some team compositions who lack sustain healing and cannot engage aggressively.
Nazeebo's Synergies and Counters
In order to make Nazeebo work, we recommend picking a Marksman (such as Sylvanas) to guarantee your team a good damage output when your Abilities are on cooldown and a Tank who can provide crowd control (such as Mal'Ganis) that Nazeebo will be able to follow up with Zombie Wall. There are also some Healers who can get value from Zombie Wall after it spawns, usually by adding crowd control (for example Auriel using Detainment Strike).
Nazeebo is countered by Heroes who can punish his weak early game (such as Sylvanas that can enable her team to push by using Black Arrows to disable Structures) and he is rendered almost useless by Heroes who can easily get out from Zombie Wall and eventually dodge his other Abilities (for example E.T.C. can use Face Melt to Knockback the Zombies surrounding himself or a nearby allied Hero).
Nazeebo requires to rotate between two lanes in order to gather stacks for Voodoo Ritual as quickly as possible and eventually unlock Vile Infection at Level 20. As a consequence, he is good on Maps where it is fast and safe to rotate between lanes (such as rotating mid-top on Tomb of the Spider Queen) and he should not be picked on Maps where it is impossible to rotate because there are only 2 lanes (like Braxis Holdout), where it is slow and/or dangerous to rotate between lanes (for example Cursed Hollow), or on mid-game Maps where there is a low chance to reach Level 20 (such as Sky Temple).
Nazeebo's Tips and Tricks
- If you last-hit a Minion with Corpse Spiders, the Spiders can potentially run towards a nearby Hero.
- Zombie Wall can be used to tank Structures.
- Considering that Plague of Toads can be difficult to hit, use it on enemy Heroes coming towards you.
- When the Objective is not active, focus on Voodoo Ritual to unlock Vile Infection in the late game.
Nazeebo's Role in the Current Meta
Nazeebo is the Mage with the second highest maximum Health (only second to Azmodan), able to deal solid amount of burst damage and some good but avoidable poke damage during team fights while also having high waveclear for the laning phase. A well-placed Zombie Wall can be a lethal crowd control effect against many Heroes who do not have any Ability to counter it, especially if their allied Heroes have the same weakness.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 21 Aug. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 21 Aug. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (talents page): New layout.
- 24 Feb. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 24 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction fully revised to match new standards.
- Overview rewritten to better describe the Hero.
- Strengths and Weaknesses modified to give a better idea about the Hero when being played right.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Synergies and Counters modified to mention notable Heroes that were missing and to remove misleading Heroes that were listed.
- Maps modified to focus on the main aspects of the Hero when evaluating a Map.
- Tips and Tricks modified to list important tips that were missing before and to delete more obvious ones.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to reflect the current metagame and to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 09 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build fully revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 09 Apr. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 23 Mar. 2020 (talents page): Outdated and misleading information corrected.
- 23 Mar. 2020 (abilities page): Outdated and misleading information corrected.
- 19 Dec. 2019 (talents page): Updated Thing of the Deep's description. It remains Recommended despite the latest Balance Update.
- 03 Dec. 2019 (talents page): Updated Nazeebo's Talents and removed the Spider Build.
- 03 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 25 Nov. 2019 (talents page): Added Nazeebo's Zombie Build and updated his talent section in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 25 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Nazeebo's abilities in accordance with the latest in-game terminology.
- 25 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Updated Nazeebo's talents and builds in accordance with the latest state of the game.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated the Soul Harvest description slightly.
- 23 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Added the Spider 2.0 Build and updated Spider Talents from 1 to 7 , as well as Annihilating Spirit at Level 20.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Changed Guardian Toads from Situational to Not Recommended.
- 09 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Nazeebo's talents, notably Spirit of Arachyr, Spider Colony, and Humongoid.
- 15 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Further updated Nazeebo's talents, notably Hexed Crawlers, Big Voodoo, and Soul Harvest.
- 12 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Balance patch update.
- Updated Ring of Poison description.
- Updated talent builds.
- 28 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Big Voodoo from Recommended to Not Recommended. Changed Blood Ritual from Not Recommended to Recommended and updated Talent Builds.
- 04 May 2017 (talents page): Updated Gargantuan's and Vile Infection's talent descriptions.
- 04 May 2017 (abilities page): Fixed instance where Gargantuan's cooldown had the wrong value.
- 05 Jan. 2017 (this page): Added Spider build and revisited some talent assessments.
- 28 Oct. 2016 (this page): Nazeebo rework released in the new guide format.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2022 Financial Results
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Heroes of the Storm Wandering Keg
- Heroes of the Storm Garden of Terror
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Observer and Replay Interface Guide
- Heroes of the Storm Quick Match Tier List