Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spaski

Epics are very underwhelming right?

2 posts in this topic

So i dont wanna rant about itemlevel epics and rares but i probably will. 

i just dont get the itemlevel vs stats calculation. why can you recieve and item thats up too 35 itemlevel higher with the same secondary stats as an 815 item ? i know that int/agi/Strength and stamina have a set amount for each itemlevel.

I mean for my shadowpriest im having a hard time swapping my heroic ring ive got thats got an itemlevel of 825 but rolled with a socket, its got 1k haste and 600crit, which is the same amount of haste and crit on my 840 ring i got. but since it got a socket its still worth keeping the heroic ring.

i just feel like gearing in this expansion seems wierd, you have to trick groups to invite you because you dont have that 845+ ilvl only because the gear you get in mythics isnt better then the gear you get in heroics. So what i do to get into court of stars and arcway groups ive gotta respec holy equip that gear which is my offspec gear but because that 846 ilvl and my shadow only is 841 and then ask to join the group. 

(yes ive been unlucky with gear for shadow, no relic drops my shadow weapon is 863 and my holy is 875 or something, and basically no mythic drops what so ever for shadow spec etc) 

i guess i should include i havent missed one mythic reset yet so its not like ive been slacking.

anyway this is how i feel its wierd, strange abit uncomfortable to be honest. Obviously try not to judge people by thier itemlevel because they might just be as well geared as they can without being at that magic number of 849 ilvl+ just because it would simply be a DPS loss.

This is mainly due to the way sockets now work. Prior to WoD, you would pick based on stats and item level, with a socket being guaranteed MOST of the time. Now, a socket can make you keep a ring for a while.

It sucks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ALdoman
      Hi, I am a main deeeeeeps in a semi-hardcore guild that is currently 2/10M, I have 3 core legendaries: ring, belt and cloak, I am currently wearing the ring but I am uncertain of what the cloak can add to my dps. I have a 880 stat stick trinket, heroic 890 EEF, 895 draught of souls, i also have a 895 haste verst chest from Spellblade. with socket. also have the mythic skorpy neck and a 900 crit haste one with 1.8k crit.
      My question is, what is my optimal setup for single target and what is my optimal set up for cleave/M+? I do around 650K dps for single target fights and want to push my limit as I have max traits. and furthermore what trinkets/items i should be hunting for?  
      my armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Evànescen/simple
      I also have 4 piece set with 875 shoulders and 880 hands, didnt use them due to the massive ilvl difference and I dont think 4 set is that good anyway.
      Any comment is greatly appreciated! Please share some experiences playing around with these stats. with the stat stick and the high crit neck I can hit around 33% crit unbuffed and 20% haste.

• By ToxicDoom
      Hello everyone,

My current stats are:
      Crit:27%    Haste:15%     Mastery:49%     Vers:5%
      Should I just go and continue on mastery or keep it going with crit?
      Thanks in advance
      P.S. my legos are "Instructor's fourth lesson" and "Taktheratrix's Shoulders" if its relevant
    • By Cotics
      So with the new Patch on our doorstep, I was wondering if anyone knows how the patch will change stat priorities. Because of the nerf to 2ndary  stats.
    • By p1xel8ted
      Hi Guys,
      Just after a gear health check. Cleared H EN, and currently 2/3 H TOV.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Stiix/advanced
      Crit - 19%
      Haste - 29% (42% max stacks)
      Mastery - 33%
      Parry - 22%
      Vers - 6% (14% with Icor)
      I've mainly being going for Crit/Haste gear. 33 ranks in wep.
      1 Legendary, Shackles.
      Any input/advice would be appreciated!
    • By miacenth
      I am getting very frustrated with gear drops. The stats quoted on the site say top priority is mastery-versetility for my guardian druid, but the majority of gear that drops is crit. Do I ignore the stats for Ilevel, since people won't invite you to anything if your ilevel isn't there or do I go for stats and not be able to go into mythic and such till much later?