FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Swagseer

Help requested , Need help to find a deck to play

Hey everyone , In the past month i have managed to get 2 deathwings , yogg saron , cenarius , bloodmage thalnos and hogger . The hogger is in another server though , I have also disenchanted my duplicate deathwing. I have no adventures . and i mostly play cthun druid , control priest ( gimmicky) , secret mage with yogg and some stuff thrown in . I need help to pick an actual constructed deck to play as advice is always a welcome thing and i don't have a lot of experience . I have also for a while disenchanted all of my paladin , rouge , warrior , and hunter cards , I regretted that and I have stopped now except for hunter i just don't feel like doing anything with him . Anyway , any and all advice is appreciated, Thank you.

Thanks, and by malygos druid you mean token right ? 

Does the malygos deck still work well without malygos in it ? since it might take me a while to craft or get it

18 minutes ago, Swagseer said:

Thanks, and by malygos druid you mean token right ? 

Does the malygos deck still work well without malygos in it ? since it might take me a while to craft or get it

No, Malygos Druid is one deck, and Token is another. He even gave you the link!

Despite sharing a similar core, these two are very different decks. Token has more proactive options while Malygos is more flexible in terms of interaction, consequently being better as a whole but also being harder to play. There is also a Malygos Token deck, that combines cards from both archetypes, but it's not really better than its "parents" and requires even more skill with the archetype.

Given your information, I can advice you to play a Token Druid. It's not the best Druid and it's not easy to play, but it can be fairly straightforward at the times and you can just learn the game with it in general. One thing to note is that Raven Idol is a crucial card for the archetype, and it's only found in League of Explorers. If card availability is what drives your choices in the first place, then maybe even this road is not for you.

Shaman and Mage mentioned also have virtually irreplaceable adventure cards at their core. That's been Blizzard design value for the past two years, so you'd better grind some gold and get them now, and then stay on boat going forward and buying adventures as they are released. With the new dailies it's almost 50 gold/day, and with some wins, you can easily grind 700 gold/week without Arena shenanigans.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2016 at 8:09 PM, Paracel said:

No, Malygos Druid is one deck, and Token is another. He even gave you the link!

Despite sharing a similar core, these two are very different decks. Token has more proactive options while Malygos is more flexible in terms of interaction, consequently being better as a whole but also being harder to play. There is also a Malygos Token deck, that combines cards from both archetypes, but it's not really better than its "parents" and requires even more skill with the archetype.

Given your information, I can advice you to play a Token Druid. It's not the best Druid and it's not easy to play, but it can be fairly straightforward at the times and you can just learn the game with it in general. One thing to note is that Raven Idol is a crucial card for the archetype, and it's only found in League of Explorers. If card availability is what drives your choices in the first place, then maybe even this road is not for you.

Shaman and Mage mentioned also have virtually irreplaceable adventure cards at their core. That's been Blizzard design value for the past two years, so you'd better grind some gold and get them now, and then stay on boat going forward and buying adventures as they are released. With the new dailies it's almost 50 gold/day, and with some wins, you can easily grind 700 gold/week without Arena shenanigans.

Sorry,The malygos and druid turned into seperate links for me.

Thanks for the clarification and advice, I'll get to grinding some gold.

And can someone tell me what's a decent temporary replacement for malygos? Until I do get him for the malygos deck.

1 hour ago, Swagseer said:

Sorry,The malygos and druid turned into seperate links for me.

Thanks for the clarification and advice, I'll get to grinding some gold.

And can someone tell me what's a decent temporary replacement for malygos? Until I do get him for the malygos deck.

Just stick to C'Thun. It can be playable without much adventures, really.

Malygos is not even the best card in Malygos Druid, despite being the namesake card. It's held together by the consistency and power your spells give you - removal, Nourish draws, Raven Idol card selection - and then the ability to convert tons of spells into something meaningful. It can be Yogg sweep, it can be Arcane Giants, it can be tokens from Violet Teacher, and it can be Malygos burn. Malygos is just the most efficient, but you can't getaway without playing him.

Tokens can do a "budget" version because the only essential legendary is Fandral Staghelm. Other cards make the deck better, but not as much as Fandral does. Malygos Druid wants both cards, no matter what you are trying to accomplish. It also relies heavily on Emperor Thaurissan.

Your progression should be whatever you play now - Token Druid once you get Raven Idol and Fandral - Malygos Druid.