FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Monsterstalk

Potting: Potion of Deadly Grace or Prolonged Power?

So in the constant chase to improve my dps, I've been wondering since the release of the most recent patch, if the Potion of Prolonged Power(Increase of all Stats by 2500 for 1 min) out performs Potion of Deadly Grace in raid encounters. Has anyone simulated the two? 

10 hours ago, Critocalypse said:

Potion of deadly grace cant be used by melee? interesting. " Use: Grants your attacks a chance to unleash a bolt of energy at your target. "

I mean yeah theres better (potion of the old war) for sv, but it could still be used and the old sv guide actually stated to use them lol.

I never said that it can't be used by melee.  HOWEVER, if you continue reading the tooltip for Deadly Grace, it explicitly states that NOT being in melee range extends the potion effect by 5s, and conversely, Potion of Old War does the same thing for staying in melee range.  Therefore, there is absolutely 0 reason to ever use Deadly Grace over Old War as a Melee, or Old War over Deadly Grace as a Ranged.  Also, it took you almost 4 weeks to respond?  Lolok.

Yeah I hadnt logged in for a while hahaha. Been busy poking bosses in mythic EN trying to get them to give me loots.

You are right, the tooltip indicates it is better for ranged. Melee should never take it. But your assuming the OP read that and came to the same conclusion (hopefully he did).