Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Beast Mastery Hunters in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Simming Yourself with Raidbots
Raidbots is an online tool that lets you simulate and compare gear, traits, talents and more for your character. In modern WoW, it is an essential tool in optimizing your performance. Every high-end and self-respecting DPS player uses Raidbots on some level to figure out what they should use. It is extremely simple to use, and in this mini-guide I will introduce you to the most essential Raidbots features.
For all of these features, you will need the SimulationCraft Addon. Whenever you are trying out a Raidbots feature, do the /simc command in-game, and copy-paste the contents of the window that you get into Raidbots.
2. Top Gear
Top Gear is by far the most useful Raidbots feature. It lets you compare all of the gear you have in your bags, and it simply tells you which combination of gear and Azerite traits is better.
To use it, simply select all of the items you wish to compare, and all of the Azerite traits you wish to compare. The more items you add, the more the iteration count exponentially goes up. Therefore, you might have to do multiple simulations to cover everything in your gear. Use trial and error!
You can also use Top Gear to simulate different Talent setups at the bottom, and combine this with different Trait combinations. This feature is easier and more useful than the actual Talent Compare option on Raidbots, in our opinion.
The Droptimizer feature lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it.
This is rarely used for general purposes, but it is the primary section used when doing theorycrafting — including the work behind this guide!
This is where we make adjustments to the APL and underlying profiles used to craft comparison sims for various things. Everything is possible here, and that is both the best and worst thing about it.
If you want to get started with the Advanced portion of Raidbots, check out the SimulationCraft Wiki.
5. Disclaimer Page
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to sim their own character. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, what Azerite traits to use and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character. Underneath that, you will find some generic simulations that apply to most people.
6. Beast Mastery Hunter Racial Bonus Simulation
- 15 Mar. 2019: Updated the Racial Simulation to include Zandalari Trolls and Kul'Tiran Humans.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Added a small Raidbots text guide.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 17 Oct. 2018: Updated the racial comparison.
- 31 Aug. 2018: Updated the racial comparison.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 8.2: Rise of Azshara
- Trial of Style Season 4 (March 20th - March 24th)
- This Week in WoW: March 19th
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Brawler's Guild - Grandpa Grumplefoot
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1