L1nks

Assas dps (Again)

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hello mates.

I wanna ask you about how to improve my rotation and dps.

There are some logs from HM:

https://ru.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Afwbkvry62TmtJnj#fight=13

https://ru.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Afwbkvry62TmtJnj#fight=22

I have 40% crit,88% mastery,9% haste and ~3% vers

What I can do to improve my dps?Because I'm sure I can do more dmg.

P.S. my DPS Performanse 22-30% what does it mean?

Edited by L1nks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Means that you're doing 22~30% of the damage the people of your same iLvl are doing. A comparison of your DPS and an average.

Well, your logs are in russian, but let me see what I can do for you.

Right off the bat, increase your Mastery. 88% is low. Crit seems fine, but if you can reach up to 45% will make your rotation smoother.

EP uptime is ~62%. Not bad, but try increasing some more, aim for 70%. Throw 3~4CP Envenoms to keep up the buff rolling instead of 6CP all time.

Garrote and Rupture uptimes, work on those.

If anyone else has something to add, feel free.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lipsinch said:

Means that you're doing 22~30% of the damage the people of your same iLvl are doing. A comparison of your DPS and an average.

Well, your logs are in russian, but let me see what I can do for you.

Right off the bat, increase your Mastery. 88% is low. Crit seems fine, but if you can reach up to 45% will make your rotation smoother.

EP uptime is ~62%. Not bad, but try increasing some more, aim for 70%. Throw 3~4CP Envenoms to keep up the buff rolling instead of 6CP all time.

Garrote and Rupture uptimes, work on those.

If anyone else has something to add, feel free.

Just a slight correction here:  The DPS Performance number to the left of your name is the percentile in which you fall relative to other Assassination Rogues on the same fight.  That means out of all Assassination Rogue Cenarius Heroic parses, 25% of them were lower than yours and 74% of them were higher.

How much higher and lower the others fell is not accounted for in that number.  He did about 246,486 damage in that fight; if that number was 30% of the DPS of the highest parser, that would mean the highest Assassination Rogue parse would be 821,617 DPS.  I can assure you it is not.

That performance number can be very misleading especially when the grouping of all accounted-for parses is very tight.  Imagine a scenario where you do, say, 300k on a fight and that lands you in the 10th percentile; seems really bad that 90% of rogues did better than you did, right?  But what if all the registered parses for that fight fall within 3k dps of one another, and you just happened to be toward the low end of the 3k spread on that parse?  Would you consider yourself a failure if you did 300k and the top parser did 303k?  I would certainly hope not.

As with any statistic, make sure the lens through which you are viewing is clear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Derby said:

Just a slight correction here:  The DPS Performance number to the left of your name is the percentile in which you fall relative to other Assassination Rogues on the same fight.  That means out of all Assassination Rogue Cenarius Heroic parses, 25% of them were lower than yours and 74% of them were higher.

How much higher and lower the others fell is not accounted for in that number.  He did about 246,486 damage in that fight; if that number was 30% of the DPS of the highest parser, that would mean the highest Assassination Rogue parse would be 821,617 DPS.  I can assure you it is not.

That performance number can be very misleading especially when the grouping of all accounted-for parses is very tight.  Imagine a scenario where you do, say, 300k on a fight and that lands you in the 10th percentile; seems really bad that 90% of rogues did better than you did, right?  But what if all the registered parses for that fight fall within 3k dps of one another, and you just happened to be toward the low end of the 3k spread on that parse?  Would you consider yourself a failure if you did 300k and the top parser did 303k?  I would certainly hope not.

As with any statistic, make sure the lens through which you are viewing is clear.

Yeah, I meant that. Phrased wrong, tho,

My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you guys for answering.

And how much mastery do I need?

And what about could you say about my rotation and opener?

And 1 more question.I have more big problems with bosses like Ilgynoth, Cenarius where many trashes and so many running. (I hope you understand me)

Edited by L1nks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2016 at 9:02 PM, L1nks said:

Thank you guys for answering.

And how much mastery do I need?

And what about could you say about my rotation and opener?

And 1 more question.I have more big problems with bosses like Ilgynoth, Cenarius where many trashes and so many running. (I hope you understand me)

First you need 43-44% crit and then you need to prioritise mastery. Once you get to around 100% mastery you will see gains with AP build. On add fights like ilgy or cenarius run exsanguinate plain and simple, run AP on pure ST fights and if you have a decent amount of mastery and 25k unbuffed agility. 

 

Rotations: maintain 70% EP uptime(3-4 cp envenoms), maintain 100% rupture/garrote uptimes, run 3 vendetta CDR relics and line up vendetta with exsang/kingsbane everytime and every second time line it up with a vanish rupture.

 

Openers:

 

- Exsanguinate: Garrote, Mut, Rupture, Vendetta, Mut, Mut, if at 5CPs Kingsbane, Vanish, Rupture, Exsanguinate, Kingsbane, Mut, Envenom, continue normal rotation.

 

- Agonizing Poison: Garrote, Mut, Rupture, Vendetta, Mut, Mut, if at 5CPs Kingsbane, Vanish, Rupture, Kingsbane, Mut, Envenom, continue normal rotation

 

The amount of CPs you use to envenom is largely irrelevant just maintain an uptime of EP above 70% or switch to MP if you have a crazy amount of mastery and insanely low crit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do switch to MP, go for 5-6 CP Envenoms and try to pool energy between them so you can squeeze as many damaging abilities in during Surge of Toxins as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.11.2016 at 6:31 AM, ef001730 said:

First you need 43-44% crit and then you need to prioritise mastery. Once you get to around 100% mastery you will see gains with AP build. On add fights like ilgy or cenarius run exsanguinate plain and simple, run AP on pure ST fights and if you have a decent amount of mastery and 25k unbuffed agility. 

 

Rotations: maintain 70% EP uptime(3-4 cp envenoms), maintain 100% rupture/garrote uptimes, run 3 vendetta CDR relics and line up vendetta with exsang/kingsbane everytime and every second time line it up with a vanish rupture.

 

Openers:

 

- Exsanguinate: Garrote, Mut, Rupture, Vendetta, Mut, Mut, if at 5CPs Kingsbane, Vanish, Rupture, Exsanguinate, Kingsbane, Mut, Envenom, continue normal rotation.

 

- Agonizing Poison: Garrote, Mut, Rupture, Vendetta, Mut, Mut, if at 5CPs Kingsbane, Vanish, Rupture, Kingsbane, Mut, Envenom, continue normal rotation

 

The amount of CPs you use to envenom is largely irrelevant just maintain an uptime of EP above 70% or switch to MP if you have a crazy amount of mastery and insanely low crit.

And thank you again.

"- Agonizing Poison: Garrote, Mut, Rupture, Vendetta, Mut, Mut, if at 5CPs Kingsbane, Vanish, Rupture, Kingsbane, Mut, Envenom, continue normal rotation"

Always try to do like that..After opener,I have dmg ~600-800k and after my dmg = 300-360k and I can't up him even when my vendetta and vanish are  ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some *filtered*.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are accepting applications for any role, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Rogue Deck List Guide.
    • By Friedbones
      I came to Icy Veins to setup my Elemental Shaman only to find your Talent setup does not match what is offered in the game presently.  Below I have listed what I see in my current in-game talent setup and bolded those items that do not match your setup at all.
      Current in-game Talents listed:                                                   Your Listing:                      
      15 Exposed Elements Echo of the Elements Elemental Blast               Earthen Rage 30 Aftershock Master of Elements Totem Mastery       Call the Thunder 45 Spirit Wolf Earth Shield Static Charge         60 High Voltage Storm Elemental Liquid Magma Totem       Master of the Elements 75 Nature's Guardian Ancestral Guidance Wind Rush Totem         90 Earthen Rage Primal Elementalist Icefury       Surge of Power 100 Unlimited Power Stormkeeper Ascendance         I thought someone here should know about these differences because it appears there has been no update recently to your setup.   I know that I personally would appreciate an update so that I can adjust my in-game setup to work better.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Rogue guide.
    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am/2am* Server Time (CT)
      CURRENT PROGRESSION: 1/8M 8/8H
      iLVL REQUIREMENT: 365+
       
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank Healer Need Holy Paladin All DPS Pref Mage/Shaman for BL ABOUT US
      Currently looking for skilled semi-hardcore raiders for Mythic Uldir and the next raid tier.
      Booty Pirates is a semi-hardcore, close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Players wanting just Mythic+ and a casual experience (no raiding) are welcomed!
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      TLDR; we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. 
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
                *Raid can be extended to 4 hours on Fridays, but will be announced ahead of time.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Please follow the link below to fill out our app. (For both Raiders and Mythic+/Casual.)
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
      In-Game Name: Pluu