sessanta

mind spike when to use it

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

hi there guys i am currently leveling a shadow preist and i can not figure out when using mind spike will ever be useful i was wondering if any of you guys could help me

thanks in advance

If you use it with inv_glyph_majorpriest.jpgGlyph of Mind Spike while leveling, you can use 2 mind spikes, then 1 mind blast (that will be instant cast) to quickly kill a single mob.

Plus, if you use spell_holy_surgeoflight.jpgFrom Darkness, Comes Light talent, its use is pretty obvious.

Other than these, I don't think you will ever use it.

ok so only if i use that talent when leveling what about when/ i hit 90 for lfr/raiding would there be any point in when i should use it or only when i have selected that talent?

Only when you selected the talent, or you could kill something faster, when dots are not beneficial. (I mean, if a dot would not tick for its whole duration, it is better to just mind spike+minde blast the mob down quickly)

I know Im late to the party but:

Plus, if you use spell_holy_surgeoflight.jpgFrom Darkness, Comes Light talent, its use is pretty obvious.

Doesn't work with instant mind spikes. As far as I've seen, it's only really good when the mob is going down before your dots can do much. For example, One can Mind spike x2, MB, and it may quickly kill an enemy or bring it low enough to execute, in which case it is beneficial because it saves time. At the endgame, it isn't used much because your dots are so powerful.

Edited by Obi

I was a bit misunderstandable. What I meant was, if he uses the talent, he should use mind spike when the talent procs. Then, this spell is used frequently, especially on multi-doting. It ndeed doesn't interact with the glyph.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ashiraya
      Hello! My priest https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/argent-dawn/lilein has amassed quite the collection of trinkets and I am not sure which ones to pick. 
      I have:
      925 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue with socket
      910 int/haste stat stick with speed
      915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion
      915 Terror From Below
      915 Charm of the Rising Tide
      Which ones are best? I usually look at the guides for this kind of thing but strangely the spriest guide lacks trinket recommendations. :(
    • By Cannotbecontained
      Currently I'm an iLevel of 872 and am putting out far less DPS than I should. On the boss level training dummy I can maintain around 300k and burst up to 400k w/ PI. Which I also know with my iLevel is probably still considered on the lower end of good. However, once I step into a boss fight my DPS barely surpasses our tanks.

I'm beginning to think I have no idea how to approach a rotation because of these numbers

Please help with whatever advice you can offer!

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ros/simple

And my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 845/latest

Let me know what you think!
    • By Wonderdog
      LOGS:   https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XrLzyCtFhNZ49RVW/#type=damage-done&source=19

Hi all, looking for some advice on SPriest. Recently leveled and geared up in order to fill a ranged slot in guild, but my DPS feels very light. I'm ranking in the bottom 10% of parses on Normal NH (see logs of latest run).

I'm not running a STM build, I'm living through fights - and as far as I can tell have stuck pretty rigidly to the recommended rotation and gearing (~12k haste, mastery > crit), my DOT uptime is solid, and I'm stringing out voidform as well as I can. I've got 35 points in my weapon.

Any advice appreciated!

#Wonderdog
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By zmandude24
      I'm considering taking on the challenge of the shadow priest as my guild needs ranged dps and the idea of a difficult but solid spec sounds fun, though I don't want to only be useful when I can keep up S2M and crap otherwise. I heard before 7.1.5 that they were weak dps until they master a broken talent and then skyrocket to the top of the meters.