Nooksi

[Fire] Help with DPS

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hello Community,

I am an experienced Mage player since BC, however I am not satisfied with my mage Damage as it is at the moment:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZaknRwz7PCYJbvhT#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=5

Would you point out possible Improvements or grave mistakes visible in the logs?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nooksi/simple

Thank you very much!

Hey :)

Some points to mention (just took a short look at the Nythendra fight):

1. Use you Sinew 3 or 4 seconds before the pull, so you should reach the 10th stack while still inside your RoP.

2. Don't use Flame On outside of Combustion. You should delay it, to have it ready for every burst, to get the best out of it.

3. Use your second pot as well while bursting, to fit more casts inside the duration of it.

4. Never cast Fireball while Comb is up. If you're out of instants, cast Scorch to get another crit.

Hopefully these points improve you a little bit further but according to the ranking (64 in your bracket), you aren't that bad :)

Hey Lily,

thank you for your reply!

1. Great tip, thank you!

2. Really? Won't this ruin a lot of possible hot streaks, because I have no instant to finish a heating up?

3. True, I already thought that too. I could use that one better for sure!

4. This I do not get. Why would I go for scorch? It is not 100% crit anymore, right?

Thank you!

4. During combustion, everything will critically strike, so scorch is the best option if you have no instants because it is a quick cast, therefore having more pyroblasts. 

You should also have alot more critical strike rating in my opinion.

2. Well it is possible, that you lose some Hot Streaks. But you will get another 6 Pyros inside your Comb+RoP.

4. I wanted to say, that you shouldn't cast Fireball while you have the Combustion-Buff. You're losing time compared to Scorch and if Comb is up, every cast will crit :)

And in general: Fire DMG is mostly coming from our bursts :)

You want to use Flame On on cooldown, you just need to be sure it's up for Combustion.  You need to be using it to maximize your dps.

You shouldn't be casting anything in Combustion except Pyro, FB, PF, and Flame On.  You shouldn't be using Fireball OR scorch inside combustion.  You should be going into combustion with a hot streak already, leading to pure pyro spam.

my man at the beginning i had some problems too. u should use the talents recommended by all guides for starters. That is Pyromaniac or Conflagration (if you are a rookie and rotation seems hard take conflag),shimmer,rune of power,flame on ,ice floes,unstable magic or living bomb (again if u are a rookie i suggest unstable magic u have to use living bomb at the right times if u want it to work really well-although if u do u get huge difference in AoE) and finally kindling. Now with kindling ur combustion cd is going to go from 2mins to less than 1 min with enough crit- usually enough crit =around 60%) so that means u never use flame on outside of combustion. so u should save flame on,at least 2 charges of phoenix flame and 1 rune of power for when combustion gets off cd.Then ur rotation should be something like that:  Fireball till u get heating up then use fire blast to make it a hot streak and then Rune of power (and combustion at the end of the rune of power cast) and then fire blast -pyroblast-flame on-fire blast-pyroblast-fire blast-pyroblast-fire blast-pyroblast-phoenix flames -pyro-phoenix flames-pyro. if u use time warp u can get in combustion time another phoenix flames pyro at the end.Finally never stay with 3 stacks of phoenix flames or 2 stacks of Rune of power -it is just dps loss. For ur aoe besides living bomb ur flamestrike and ur ignite will do the job but u need to unlock some artifact traits for it to work well. finally u ll see a huge difference in dps when u get OVER 58-59% crit thats the breakpoint

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sibylle
      It's a few months later (what with delays and distractions and getting old and all that), but I just wanted to start by saying THANK YOU to those who helped me with amazing advice on levelling my fire mage alt. It made all the difference - you guys rock.
      I finally dinged 110 the other day and went into a few instances and raid finders with her. As a caster noob - I main a feral - there are a few things I've noticed and am unsure about.
      The guide here on Icy Veins recommends Dragon's Breath for AoE of 3+ grouped mobs. I may have overlooked something, but I can't for the life of me find anything on the *range* of Dragon's breath. The animation makes me think I need to stand right in front of the mobs to hit them, but that can't be right, I'm supposed to be ranged and standing a good bit away - aren't I?  During levelling, I've gotten used to casting Living Bomb regardless of how many mobs I'm facing. The guide has it exclusively as an AoE ability. Is that true, or is it worth casting on a single target (boss)? Does meteor "work" on huge bosses who are standing behind a ledge/cliff, in the manner of Engine of Souls (Desolate Host) or Garothi Worldbreaker? I try placing it as close to the edge of the "cliff" as possible, does that mean it'll hit the boss?
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By AstroDad
      I'm sure this is a popular topic so I apologize if this is the 1 millionth time you've seen this.
      I haven't played a level capped character since probably Wrath of the Lich King.  Friends are sucking me back in and I'm thinking about picking up Warrior.  I used to love tanking as a warrior but unfortunately (or fortunately) it looks like all the tank slots are filled.  Basically my question is, is rolling Warrior a wise choice?  Are they fun to play?  Pretty sure id pick Fury as my DPS spec but I don't know how it or arms plays now. I want to be competitive on the meters against my guildmates but I don't think we're going to be super hardcore.
      I suppose this is "living the dream" but i want to be near the top of the DPS charts while having fun doing it. Is the warrior for me? Other classes I was looking at were Shadow Priest, Hunter, or Death Knight.
      I guess I should also mention that I haven't played in a LONG time so ill probably be doing things like world pvp, BGs, 5-mans, ect.  I'm not an Arena type of person.
    • By LazioB
      Hi everyone! This is my first time playing endgame content, thanks to some veteran friends who invited me to play with them. I started with a Fury Warrior, and now that I feel comfortable, I started logging the runs. 

Here is a part of Antorus Normal ( I accidentaly deleted the file later which included the rest of the bosses :( ) 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8pkvRmdHBzjNAFXQ

Would anyone please take a look at it to see where I have room for improvement (probably everything) and how can I tackle those issues?

Thanks!!
      PD: Im lacking one of the BiS leggos, and ever since I have the Convergance of Fates trinket, I lost my rotation, cant seem to find when to fire each ability now.
    • By Oddjob
      Hello!

I was recently asked to start playing enhance for my guild. So nothing else to do than grabbing the good ol' hammers and start swinging. I've read the guides here on IV, watched a few videos on Youtube and been on and off on the enhance discord.  I thought I got the hang of it, felt pretty comfortabel doing a few bosses but when I skimmed through  our loggs from a few of the bosses I noticed that my preformance is more or less  garbage.
      I decided to test my luck here. I was hoping that someone could analyze my loggs and give me a few pointers on what and what not to do.
      I would also appreciate  a few tips and trix about how to start analyzing my preformance myself so I dont have to turn back here as soon as the RNG gods are not with me.
      Here is the log I was refering to:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DwMV3GWf64pykrPZ#fight=last
      And here is my armoy: 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormreaver/blu

In advance I apologize for any misspelling and other nonsense that might confuse you. I should point out that English is not my main language.
      If you need any other basic information in order to help me just give me a shout and I will comply.

Thanks!