Leodonti

Returning Player, Macro Help

3 posts in this topic

So I just got back into WoW on 12/15/2016 and I haven't played since 2011. I'm a bit confused on Macro's; as I am playing a warrior I see a few skills I want to put on a macro, but it doesn't seem to be working the way I remembered. I thought if you put procs then long cds then a basic attack, it would proc the first two if they were up, if not it would just keep regularly attacking. 

From what I remember it was

#showtooltip

/cast Victory Rush

/cast Execute

/cast Slam (or whatever basic attack)

But it just keeps trying to use victory rush, it won't go on to the next in the macro etc.

Good evening, Leodonti;

What you're looking for, specifically, is what is called a "cast sequence" macro. I personally do not use these so, aside from telling you what you're looking for, I'm not that much help.

The reason your macro is only casting Victory Rush is because 1) it's available and 2) it's on the GCD. In your macro, if Victory Rush is not available it should then cast Execute. Likewise, if neither Victory Rush nor Execute is available, it should cast Slam. The other issue is if, theoretically, all three are available the macro will only cast Victory Rush because all three spells are on the GCD and it is not a cast sequence macro.

Of what help this is, I hope it points you in the right direction. I would do research on what makes up a cast sequence macro and go from there.

I'm not sure, but i think you can not track if something is on CD an then dicide what to do...not with a macro. What Sajakain has written is absolutely true: don't put spells on GCD (Global Cool Down) in a row, that doesn't work.

In my opinion such macros leads to a bad performance. As a Prot, i don't see any usefull castsequence macro because the dicision what to hit is based on rage, cd's and situations. As a fury about the same...and arms i don't play :-). It's what Sajakain says: use tracking-addons such as WeakAuras or TellMeWhen. There also exists profiles which you can import, you just have to google them.

Hope this helps, welcome back!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrightwingMain
      Just throwing this shower thought out there because why not.
      Would it be possible with reasonable amount of resources and time that you have available, to create couple of generic general gameplay/map guides for Heroes of the Storm? There are already a couple for other games, although mostly pretty old ones. Things like general guidelines for tanking, healing and stutter stepping as well as map guides of what heroes are which priority and how the maps play out? You already have some maps covered at the "map specific advice", but as the "new hero guide format" cuts the map specific advice part off, would adding such thing be possible. Not that I would be desperately in need of one, but if I had to guess, a lot of people would be glad to get them available.
    • By ZuzgwangGroo
      I am a returning player and haven't played my BM Hunter since 2011. What I liked to do when running dungeons with my guild was to make the Tank my focus, then use the following macro posted below. I know a lot has changed since 2011, but I am wondering if the macro language has evolved to the point of being able to improve the macro to only attack if the focus is actively attacking something. Could this be done, and is there any other way we can improve this macro? Thanks in Advance for any help anyone can provide!!!

Grewe

/cleartarget
      /assist focus
      /stopmacro [noharm][dead]
      /petattack
      /startattack
    • By Djingy
      Title, died to Trilliax during Annihilation when using DoS. Stupid on my part but just wondering if theres a cancelaura for it and/or other trinkets. Thanks
    • By Fitte88
      Hello, im looking for some help witha  macro that i want to use
      bacitally i want it to be 
      /cast bloodthrist
      /cast Furious slash

but that dosent work, i want it to use furious slash when my bloodthirst is on cooldown somehow, is this possible?
    • By Namuria
      Hey ho! :)
      There are two new Macros since 7.1 for Spells which you have to place with the cursor (green circle), like our Metamorphose or for example: Shaman's Healing Rain.
      The old Way:
      - Press Button
      - move green circle
      - klick to place

NOW and much faster, there are two new ways:

Way One - At Player:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@player] Metamorphose
      If you Press the Button with this macro, there is NO cursor-move and NO click.
      You char will use Meta instant without moving a meter.
      This one is nice if you are staying in group of enemys and don't want to risk beeing out of range after using your Meta.

Way Two - At Cursor:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@cursor] Metamorphose
      BEFORE using this macro you have to place your cursor at your target/ground/...
      If you press the Meta-Button now there is no more to do. Your DH will Meta-Jump to the cursor-point. So there is NO click.
      This is a nice one to enter a fight.Here you can add something like /use Potion of the Old War or/and /use Chaosblades, too.

I'm using both for the situations which I explained.

Hope it will help you!
      Done my best with my english - hope you will understand!

Greetings from Namuria