Thorag

Arms warrior Focused Rage timing

4 posts in this topic

I am hoping someone can share their opinion on a very specific question I have about the Arms warrior rotation (FR build). It's all about the following situation which i encounter very often: Colossus Smash has been applied to the target, i have 1 or 2 stacks of Focused Rage, and Mortal Strike and Focused Rage are both coming off cooldown at the same moment. My dilemma here is whether i should cast FR just before MS so that MS hits harder, or if i should cast FR just after MS so that MS has a higher chance of resetting due to the extra 15 Rage i spent after it. 

What i have decided to do for now depends on whether Shattered Defenses is up. When it is up, i use FR before MS so MS hits extra hard. When Shattered Defenses is not up, i use FR after MS. I should add that i have both the gloves and ring legendaries (lucky me), so Rage shortage is almost never an issue for me. 

I hope i didn't confuse anyone, feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you

Cast Mortal Strike when it's available regardless of FR stacks. FR is a rage dump to avoid capping. With the gloves, you'll be casting it a lot more, obviously.

I do cast Mortal Strike on cooldown, but i have a Focused Rage available at the very same moment, which i can cast either a fraction of a second before or after MS.

2 hours ago, Thorag said:

I do cast Mortal Strike on cooldown, but i have a Focused Rage available at the very same moment, which i can cast either a fraction of a second before or after MS.

I say cast it right before mortal strike because if you dont get a tactician proc, you wont have mortal strike for a long time therefore allowing you to cast 2-3 focused rage while using slam/execute if you have the ring. 

Personally, I play an arms warrior and that's what I do.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Djingy
      Hey guys so I'm just looking for some insight on if I'm correctly doing my rotation or if there are things I could work on.
      Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/terokkar/djingy
      and Varimathras in particular: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ma9kvtdyfT3LRzFP#fight=last&type=summary

Thanks for the help.
    • By Bicgurl
      Beside all the builds, rotations and bis legendaries, what are the ideal stat percentages  according to their importance haste>mastery>everything else? Other than valarjar berserkers, what are the other bis leggys for single target and mythic plus dungeons?
    • By Babblet
      Location: – Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof

About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; we used to be a four day raiding guild but over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities and are now a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.

Mandatory reading.
      Basics: be ilvl 920+; 52+ points in MS Artifact Weapon.
      Raiding 101: be able to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 6 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.

Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 11:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.

Recruitment: Ranged DPS /  Heals

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Heroic
      ToS 9/9 Heroic
      Antorus 6/11 Heroic

Contacts:  
      BTag: Shig#1825

*Do not send PMs, get in touch in-game; do not contact unless you are ready to transfer if accepted for a permanent raid spot.
    • By darkmullac
      Hi everyone, I'm wondering if you could help me to improve my dps as a fury warrior, I've been using an addon to help me with my rotation  (link is below) though I don't think it's doing me any good now.
      https://wago.io/E1uzBOfaz (rotation helper link)
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/calux (this is me link :D)
      Any help would be greatly appreciated but please keep the replies helpful, not looking for people who want to reply telling me how bad I am as I already know I'm bad and that's why I'm asking on here xD
      If you need anything else from me then please ask, I really need to start getting that dps up xD
      Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a nice day.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Pirate Warrior Deck List Guide.