digimij

Outlaw - Between the Eyes not applying 4x damage, and ignoring +% dmg modifiers?

1 post in this topic

Howdy,

I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:

outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 

Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:

200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:

Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Essix
      So I know the title sounds a bit silly, but hear me out. My problem with MfD is, quite simply, that it locks the upper body of your character into the /point animation and I hate how it looks. I hate it hate it hate it. I use MfD, then Run Through, and my rogue does this weird crouching lunge forward with her cutlass pointing up into the sky. It's so infuriating, and I can't just wait until the animation finishes because I'll lose DPS.
      So, how much does MfD outclass the other max level talents for Outlaw? I just want to know if it's even possible to take one of the other talents and have even somewhat competetive DPS.
    • By Emphesis
      Hi,
      I need some help figuring out my rogues weak auras.
      I currently have this: https://gyazo.com/e9f6967a7c2e56fdb4a88f9c554ebd22
      What I want to happen is that when there are 3 seconds remaining on for ex rupture, the icon of rupture glows and once rupture is gone the icon just stays there glowing.
      Secondly, could someone give me the ID for the envenom buff as I cannot seem to track it whatever I do. Hopefully in the same format as the others in the picture above.
      Can anyone help me with this by guiding me on how to do it or giving me the string on the new one?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Psychedelicx
      Hey guys, I currently have alot of choice when it comes to what trinkets I should use. I ofcourse have been simming all the different options but because alot of these combinations include Nightblooming Frond, I take them with a grain of salt and am looking for other opinions. Just for FYI the highest SimDPS combo i am getting is Nightblooming Frond + Hunger of the Pack which is at 754 112 SimDPS. With all options I am between 897 and 898 iLvL. These are my choices
      895 - Heroic Warforged - Nightblooming Frond
      890 - Heroic - Entwined Elemental Foci
      885 - Heroic - Arcanogolem Digit
      885 - Titanforged - Unstable Arcanocrystal (+930 to all secondary stats)
      880 - Mythic - Bloodthirsty Instinct
      880 - Mythic 14 - Hunger of the Pack
      940 - Legendary - Kil'Jaeden's Burning WIsh (This basically is not an option however due to me having Greenskin's Wrists and Insignia of Ravenholdt Ring)
      Cheers for all your help, If you would like anymore information just ask.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Psychedelicx/simple