FORUMS
L0rinda

My Role in Writing Guides - L0rinda

VsJfqZX.png

Hi everyone! I would like to update you on my new role as a Hearthstone guide writer.

As some of you will know, I've been writing news here at Icy-Veins for over a year. A lot has changed in that year, both personally, and within Hearthstone. I switched from Arena to Constructed with the introduction of Standard, and have started to cast quite a few large events.

With those things in mind, I've been let loose on writing guides. I won't be touching Sottle's high level content, but instead will be focussing on keep your old decks fresh. I will be updating decks which have dropped out of the meta, and making them playable to somewhere in the region of Rank Five. They will be weaker than the meta decks, but if you have played the older versions you will probably find that you already own many of the cards, and experience, required to play them.

Hopefully this will fill a gap for some of you. I'll be a little busy for the first few weeks as I get the hang of things and concentrate on producing quality content, but feel free to let me know if there's an archetype you feel has been left out.

• Like 2

Great news.

I enjoy dusting off some of the older decks every now and then.  I think this will also benefit players who were lacking key cards for certain decks at the time but now have them.

Thanks for doing this!

Best of luck and may the rng be with you :D I played a secret pala earlier this week, so maybe he saw it all coming in advance ;D

Edited by Vya

This is good news, indeed.

@L0rinda I cant wait to see what you start putting up. Since you are talking about old decks, will you be mostly doing Wild, especially once the new Hearthstone Year breaks, or will you be putting up new iterations of old Standard decks too?

My intention is to stick to Standard for now. Standard is the place where archetypes seem to die out more quickly when a new set is released. I started with Token Druid, and the next one will be Evolve Shaman. Beyond that, I have a few ideas already, but have not tested anything extensively enough to be comfortable promising anything in particular.

Thanks, I'll be glad to see some of the older decks discussed.

So if we're looking at the decklist, what is our best choice for identifying "weaker than the meta decks". Should we just look at the deck's introductory paragraph (I see that comment for Token Druid)?

If the list is by me, then take it as weaker than meta. I'll also put it in the Introduction too to be clear.

Sottle will still be in charge of the meta decks.