FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wonderdog

Shadow priest help requested

LOGS:   https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XrLzyCtFhNZ49RVW/#type=damage-done&source=19

Hi all, looking for some advice on SPriest. Recently leveled and geared up in order to fill a ranged slot in guild, but my DPS feels very light. I'm ranking in the bottom 10% of parses on Normal NH (see logs of latest run).

I'm not running a STM build, I'm living through fights - and as far as I can tell have stuck pretty rigidly to the recommended rotation and gearing (~12k haste, mastery > crit), my DOT uptime is solid, and I'm stringing out voidform as well as I can. I've got 35 points in my weapon.

Any advice appreciated!

#Wonderdog

Edited by Wonderdog

Hi, I read the logs and i saw 3 Problems. 

1. Your stats: 

On 2.2.2017 at 0:12 AM, Wonderdog said:

(~12k haste, mastery > crit)

crit 6,1k - haste 3,4k ... you should have not more than 5k crit (with your gear maybe 3,5k) and lot more mastery than yet when you play the SL build. 

next: your tier 6 Talent; misery ... it´s a PURE! high multi dotting talent which you use only in open World or maybe in some M+ dungeons. Power Infusion is a very great cooldown which increase your dps massively. (Use it ~10 seconds (with void torret 14) after you enter the voidform)

and: your relics; try to find and use relics, that are improve the dmg of shadow word: pain and vampiric touch or your hole shadow dmg. 
even if the item level of these lower than that which are you use, the effects are much better. (The difference should not exceed 25 ilvl) 

Edited by Yelaria

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By OneShotGamingMLG
      To all who read,
      I am a WoW player and have been since vanilla, I’ve played several variances of classes through the expansions and this round settled with shadow priest which I ran through the majority of Legion and BfA. I have never written a guide or forum post before but decided I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions and see how other players in the same position feel as well.

I would like to ask people to respect everyone’s opinion as this forum topic will be a place for unusual class builds, talent choices, and stat priorities. Everyone plays the game for fun and should be able to build a toon that is effective utilizing a multi style approach. I do believe that the simulators are awesome for checking gear and choices when it comes to specific cases perhaps PvP. That being said though, I feel as though sims are not really a good indicator of a talent choice or gear piece’s level of effectiveness. I am by no means a tremendously good player, probably average to be honest, but ask any top tier player and they will tell you very rarely does a pull go “perfect” for their class. these simulations then are only showing if something goes perfect, so I thought why not build a class around what “actually” happens versus the “perfect pull”, so that is what I did.
      I would love to hear what other players thoughts on the matter are and list what your individual stat priorities are and maybe discuss why!
      mine are as follows;
      1.) Mastery = Versatility
        (both of these boost damage output but versatility is not limited by number of DoTs so it helps if you are struggling to keep skills on targets.)
      2.) Haste (this increases the amount of ticks per cast, when paired with high Vers and mastery you deal large DoT damage which is great if you’re in a high movement fight.)
      3.) Critical
       This for many reasons is great. First, shadowy app procs, and secondly just plain damage bumps. Lastly, and arguably most important though is the shadow word death damage boost. When we execute (comparing to warrior skill) it deals increased damage naturally to targets below 20% health I believe. When you pair this with high mastery Vers and a decent crit chance you can execute for incredibly high amounts of damage to help that end fight dps chart! 

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Papawoot
      The Bloodborn is currently a Heroic raiding guild that is trying to break into Mythic progression raiding. We have a talented core and are very enthusiastic about raiding, but unfortunately we lack the numbers to attempt Mythic. We are a mostly adult guild ages 25-35 and would prefer like-aged people.

A little history: The Bloodborn is a guild that has been around since The Burning Crusade. We started on the Lethon server and transferred to Illidan at the start of Warlords in an effort to find more players on a high-pop server.

We have earned AoTC during every raid tier this expansion (and before!). We are a close-knit guild who help boost keys weekly, PvP, achievement hunt, and much more.

We are willing to help people gear up for their tier. Voice is optional, but we use Discord and will require you at a minimum to listen.

Guild Needs:
      DPS (Death Knight, Shadow Priest) are in high demand.
      Healers (Priest, Paladin, Shaman) are in high demand. 
      Accepting applications from all specs/classes.

Raiding Times:
      Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday 9:30pm-12:30am(pst) 11:30pm-2:30am(server-time)

Contact Info:
      Battle Tag-Vengente#11907 (Guild Leader)
      Battle Tag-Berd#11168 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Khrispy#1471 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Papawoot#1446 (Veteran Raider)
      Discord Contact-Papawoot#6518
      Discord: https://discord.gg/Qghrpnh
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletag: Vims#21684

To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Hunter: MM.
      Mage:Frost/fire
      Rogue: Assa/sub
      Any and all applications will be considered.