Essix

Outlaw - How necessary is Marked for Death?

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

So I know the title sounds a bit silly, but hear me out. My problem with MfD is, quite simply, that it locks the upper body of your character into the /point animation and I hate how it looks. I hate it hate it hate it. I use MfD, then Run Through, and my rogue does this weird crouching lunge forward with her cutlass pointing up into the sky. It's so infuriating, and I can't just wait until the animation finishes because I'll lose DPS.

So, how much does MfD outclass the other max level talents for Outlaw? I just want to know if it's even possible to take one of the other talents and have even somewhat competetive DPS.

21 hours ago, Essix said:

So I know the title sounds a bit silly, but hear me out. My problem with MfD is, quite simply, that it locks the upper body of your character into the /point animation and I hate how it looks. I hate it hate it hate it. I use MfD, then Run Through, and my rogue does this weird crouching lunge forward with her cutlass pointing up into the sky. It's so infuriating, and I can't just wait until the animation finishes because I'll lose DPS.

So, how much does MfD outclass the other max level talents for Outlaw? I just want to know if it's even possible to take one of the other talents and have even somewhat competetive DPS.

It definitely outclasses them by enough to say that it's the best choice, but if your guild isn't working on Mythic then it's probably not the end of the world to use something different.

SnD is supposed to be an easier to use RtB, which gives consistent damage but not quite as high. From a pure damage perspective, it provides the least benefit, but is easier to play and works fine for both Single Target and sustained AoE situations.

MfD is fantastic for both Single Target uses and for encounters where things die regularly. For example on Guldan, the eyes consistently appear and die, which means you constantly get 5CP for free with the cooldown reset.

DfA is an AoE-focused ability where targets are all dying at basically the same time (or aren't dying at all), so the cooldown reset from MfD wouldn't happen as often. 

You can run any one of them if you're in a spot where you aren't really pushing progression - most players at a Normal/Heroic level have other issues with their play, so if you're only worried about how you look compared to your friends, you can probably still compete with them if you drop MfD.

3 hours ago, Carrn said:

most players at a Normal/Heroic level have other issues with their play, so if you're only worried about how you look compared to your friends, you can probably still compete with them if you drop MfD.

Ouch man. Ouch. 

3 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

Ouch man. Ouch. 

Oh shush it wasn't directed at anyone in particular -__-