Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slamman

blood dk mastery cap?

6 posts in this topic

Hey so basically I'm wondering if there's any point where I have enough mastery as a blood dk? I'm tanking heroic DS. The guide says to get much mastery as possible, but I'm not sure if that is outdated information relative to today's gear levels. Also there's a section called "No Caps" but it just talks about hit and expertise.

Thanks.

If you're a Blood DK in heroic DS, you can never have enough mastery. Reforge to it, get trinkets that proc it, and a weapon with it on it. While Parry and Dodge are uncontrollable mitigation, with so much mastery, your Blood Shield and Death Strikes will provide a controllable amount of mitigation that will make Hagara's Relentless Assault rather petty. It's also wonderful for mitigating a very large portion of the Impale damage on Madness. Nearly all of your gems should be Stam/Mastery. When you think you have enough mastery, get more.

1 person likes this

Zagam is 100% correct. There is no cap for Mastery, it's your best stat always. Just get as much of it as you can.

And just to note, if our guides don't mention the existence of a cap for something, then there's a 99% chance that there isn't one. We strive to make them as accurate as we can. Of course, if you think there is an error, don't hesitate to report it.

1 person likes this

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Sounds like a cap on money in this world...you COULD theoretically obtain every single dollar/yen/pound/etc that ever existed to the point you could obtain no more money...but you'll never get there =D

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zeliel
      Hi, ill make it simple, i want to be the strongest tank posible, i want my hp to never drop below 60%, im doing heroic content fairly well, for example at krosus more than 12 stacks its very very hard but i want more, i want to hold more, be stronger. Ive been very luky and i have 5 legendarys, lana'thel lament, prydaz, sephuz, shackles of bryndaor and rattlegore bone legplates, i think prydaz is a very safe bet for raid but for the second legendary which should i use? shackles truly gives sooo much healing? lanathels has the perfect stats pls 5% buff...
      Here is my info http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zeliel/advanced
      Thank you for your time.

PD: what abount trinkets? i like the life trinket any other trinket worth looking for?
    • By ToxicDoom
      Hello everyone,

My current stats are:
      Crit:27%    Haste:15%     Mastery:49%     Vers:5%
      Should I just go and continue on mastery or keep it going with crit?
      Thanks in advance
      P.S. my legos are "Instructor's fourth lesson" and "Taktheratrix's Shoulders" if its relevant
    • By Xathran
      Hey guys!

just thought i'd share my frost dk weakauras ive been working on.
      check them out and feedback is always welcome!

Main HUD: https://wago.io/NyYklZ2wf
      Runes: https://wago.io/EymNg-2vG

Thanks and enjoy!

• By Orpheus1772
      Hey everyone,
      Im interested in the general achievable uptime of BoS, since I neither have the legendary belt, nor the T19 P4 boni, I can only make it to ~55 seconds with Hungering Rune Weapon + Horn, and I feel like Im doing something wrong here, because the second Breath wont have those 2 runeweapon charges and I can only get it to ~20-25 sec, while the third one goes to ~40 sec again.
      I have a better chest (Kara chest)+trinket and shoulder, but the 20% increased proc chance for howling blast sounds to good to pass up, but at the same time Im making the mistake of trying to not waste HB procs, which results in RP loss overall.
      Whats the uptime for those who have the belt, ring and t19 4p bonus?

normal 3 3 2 3 2 3 2 build
      doing fine with the normal obliterate build, but got tired of it and wanted to try breath.
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/norgannon/Ôrpheus/simple

• By artisthefool
      I love mogging. To my knowledge, these are all original. I'm sharing cause I love finding cool mogs to spark my imagination and push the boundaries of what I've made. You'll notice I have favorite pieces of gear that I re-use in a number of these. As far as I know these are all blood elf death knight obtainable. I have completed almost every set you see here. I'm currently digging frost...

I have one of every class so I'll eventually have a video up for them all. I won't be sharing what each piece is. You are of course welcome to remake them yourself, I've just found that discovering the pieces and trying to see which ones fit really help devolop mog sense. If that's what you're looking for, this video should be fun!