FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
slamman

blood dk mastery cap?

Hey so basically I'm wondering if there's any point where I have enough mastery as a blood dk? I'm tanking heroic DS. The guide says to get much mastery as possible, but I'm not sure if that is outdated information relative to today's gear levels. Also there's a section called "No Caps" but it just talks about hit and expertise.

Thanks.

If you're a Blood DK in heroic DS, you can never have enough mastery. Reforge to it, get trinkets that proc it, and a weapon with it on it. While Parry and Dodge are uncontrollable mitigation, with so much mastery, your Blood Shield and Death Strikes will provide a controllable amount of mitigation that will make Hagara's Relentless Assault rather petty. It's also wonderful for mitigating a very large portion of the Impale damage on Madness. Nearly all of your gems should be Stam/Mastery. When you think you have enough mastery, get more.

• Like 1

Zagam is 100% correct. There is no cap for Mastery, it's your best stat always. Just get as much of it as you can.

And just to note, if our guides don't mention the existence of a cap for something, then there's a 99% chance that there isn't one. We strive to make them as accurate as we can. Of course, if you think there is an error, don't hesitate to report it.

• Like 1

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Sounds like a cap on money in this world...you COULD theoretically obtain every single dollar/yen/pound/etc that ever existed to the point you could obtain no more money...but you'll never get there =D

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the Blood Death Knights out there, much love!

• By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Memerion
      Where are the vendors that sell bladed steelboots? I've been looking for them everywhere to complete this set but am unable to locate them and just end up running around in circles. 

sos someone help me please. 
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By Dina96
      The way to enhance Frost Death Knight leveling and then update it in the very start and up into the greatest levels in brief phrases? Opt for the very best gift on every level you obtain so as to find out and use best. Look at these Frost Death Knight abilities and highlight the ones that you have to have on your desk whilst trimming the enthusiast.
      Level 56 - Cold Heart. Level 57 - Horn of Winter, Runic Attenuation. Level 58 - pick one of 3 because they have exactly the identical part in leveling: Passing's Reach, Asphyxiate, Blinding Sleet. Level 60 - Frozen Pulse, Froscythe. Level 75 - Wraith Walk. Level 90 - Frostwyrm's Fury, Gathering Storm. Level 100 - Breath of Sindragosa. You are welcome to add some corrections!