FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eadley

Help with Logs

I just recently swapped over to subtlety from sin, and have been slightly struggling on the meters since doing so. My artifact weapon is only ilvl 885 in sub compared to 909 for sin, but i cant help but feel like that isnt the only thing bringing me down. I feel like im pretty comfortable on the rotation but something isnt adding up on the meters. Even on my best pulls i still fall wayy behind most of my other guildies.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22644191/latest/ my newest logs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Eadley/simple My armory.

If anyone here could help me out with some tips or advice, it would be much appreciated.

On 06/03/2017 at 3:32 PM, Eadley said:

I just recently swapped over to subtlety from sin, and have been slightly struggling on the meters since doing so. My artifact weapon is only ilvl 885 in sub compared to 909 for sin, but i cant help but feel like that isnt the only thing bringing me down. I feel like im pretty comfortable on the rotation but something isnt adding up on the meters. Even on my best pulls i still fall wayy behind most of my other guildies.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22644191/latest/ my newest logs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Eadley/simple My armory.

If anyone here could help me out with some tips or advice, it would be much appreciated.

Which of those fights did you play Sub on? I don't see any Sub logs in there lol

On 08/03/2017 at 3:34 AM, Eadley said:

I played sub on all of normal and 5/10 heroic, you have to click the subtlety icon at the top of the graph...

Huh. I didn't even know that was an option. Learn new things every day I suppose.

What I'm noticing is that a lot of your Shadow Dances aren't being taken the fullest advantage of - what I mean by that is that you aren't getting in 4 casts of Shadowstrike when you Dance, or 3 + Symbols of Death

There's a couple tricks to getting better at this:

1) Manipulate your way to 5 (or 6) CP finishers by waiting to Dance until just after Shadow Techniques has procced to give you a point. So you get a proc to go from 0-1, then SD > SS (3CP) > SS(5CP) > Evis (0CP) > SS(2CP) > SS(2CP > proc (5CP) > Evis. This is much more possible if you reeeeally drop the number of Backstab casts (which you do pretty well), and only use BS to avoid capping on Energy

2) a) When you have to use Symbols of Death, wait until after a finisher. Because SoD doesn't have the chance to refund Energy that SS does, if you use it before you're ready for a finisher you can completely screw yourself out of having any Energy left at all. I usually plan mine so I go SD > SS > SS > Evis > SS > SoD. Saving it for last guarantees that you'll get off your SS casts, and if you don't quite reach that 40 Energy mark for another SS you can fall back on refreshing SoD without losing much.

2) b) If that finisher ends up being 6CP, you have the 20% chance of refunding additional Energy, which effectively means you get a free refresh on SoD. When this happens you can cast SoD before SS, because you're guaranteed to have the Energy for it, you can get the free crit on your SS cast, and you might luck into a 4th SS cast anyways.

7 hours ago, Carrn said:

So you get a proc to go from 0-1, then SD > SS (3CP) > SS(5CP) > Evis (0CP) > SS(2CP) > SS(2CP > proc (5CP) > Evis.

This still is the case when using Anticipation? I noticed you are saying 6 CP a lot. I swapped to MoS and Anticipation recently and find it to be a much smoother rotation since i have CoF and use Shadowblades quite often.

2 hours ago, Eadley said:

This still is the case when using Anticipation? I noticed you are saying 6 CP a lot. I swapped to MoS and Anticipation recently and find it to be a much smoother rotation since i have CoF and use Shadowblades quite often.

The section you quoted specifically is applicable in every scenario, since you'll only ever hit the 5CP mark unless you get an unlucky proc of 2CP from ST which is ok. It shouldn't happen that often, and since you aren't spending any resources to get it, you aren't really wasting anything

The only part that isn't really applicable with Anticipation instead of Deeper Stratagem is the bit about the extra Energy proc giving you a free SoD.

All of that said, once you get the 4-set, Anticipation is actually pretty valuable, because your CP overflow is insane. It does change the playstyle, but it's nothing too drastic. It allows you to pool more CP before you have to spend them, which generally means you'll be playing with 8-9CP in most situations. While it should just be a QoL change, Finality: Evis is actually bugged at the moment where the damage boost for the buffed Evis passes the 20% mark. Even if you don't spend more than 5CP on the cast, if you have 10CP saved up (5CP + 5 Anticipation) it will buff the damage to 40% for the next Evis. This bug does not work with Nightblade

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this