Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Hearthstone Global Games Voting Opens

8 posts in this topic

ROYJlwu.jpg

Blizzard has opened the voting for Hearthstone Global Games. You are now able to vote for which player you want to represent your country in the event.

The Hearthstone Global Games team tournament has been announced for several months, but the final step in the process has now begun, which is the process of the public voting for the players they want on their national team. 

Each team has an anchor who has already qualified for the event by being their nation's leading HCT points earner. There are eight players to choose from for each country. These players have been shortlisted based mainly on points, but also with community standing factored in. This should lead to most teams being a mix of strong players, and popular streamers. The three players with the most votes will join the anchor on the team

You can vote by heading to the official site, logging in, and clicking on the player you want from the eight available. You will also be awarded a Whispers of the Old Gods pack for your trouble

The event starts in April, and the winning team will take home $60,000. 

1 person likes this

If you vote, you get a free pack

Takes not more then one minute. -> Even if you aren't interested in the tournament (like me) it is still worth the time.

1 person likes this

Who did you vote for?

I voted for Stancifka, I am a huge fan of his and I would love to see him represent my country at Global Games.

I don't know many players from my country, and the ones I know just spam pirate warrior all the time. So, no vote for them. (I picked one of those who I don't know)

FenoHS! Bring menagerie druid to the tournament scene! Kappa keepo

17 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Who did you vote for?

I voted for Stancifka, I am a huge fan of his and I would love to see him represent my country at Global Games.

Kolento here. I am quite disappointed that there are only one vote. If we need to pick three platers, why don't let us pick three players? 

1 hour ago, Strongpoint said:

Kolento here. I am quite disappointed that there are only one vote. If we need to pick three platers, why don't let us pick three players? 

I entirely agree we should have three votes. I think it's probably an oversight, as it makes complete sense to do it that way. 

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Who did you vote for?

I am from Germany and picked a german player - but I didn't know a single one. (Since I am not interested in tournaments or things like that.)

And I agree, there are 3 players, we should be able to pick the TEAM we want us to represent. We definitly should have 3 votes. Sure, for guys like me it doesn't matter, but for everybody who knows some players that would have been way better.

Edited by WedgeAntilles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about Legendary Quests guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Adapt Mechanic guide.
    • By L0rinda

Blizzard have announced that there will be a reward for logging in to Hearthstone each day, to celebrate the build up to the Year of the Mammoth.
      The rewards stop on April 5, and so it seems a fair assumption that the previously rumoured date of April 6 for the release of Journey to Un'Goro, is going to be correct. 

Source
      As you can see, if you collect every reward, you will end up with 100 gold, 100 Dust, 4 packs, and a Golden Rare. Also, remember that you can collect these on all three regions just by logging in. Even if you don't play the other regions much, it is worth collecting these in case you ever change your mind!
      This also seems a good time to remind people that there will be a dump of all the unspoiled cards by Blizzard on Friday. At which point, we will be ready to start the upcoming Mammoth Hearthstone Year.
    • By L0rinda

The HCT Winter Championship took place from March 22-26
      The first HCT Global Championship of the year has been completed. ShtanUdachi took home the $60,000 first prize by defeating Fr0zen 4-3 in the Grand Final.
      It was no surprise to many observers that these two players made it to the final. Each of them have been powerhouses on ladder for a long time, and both began to get noticable tournament results in 2016. Some of you might recognise Shtan as ШтанУдачи on the monthly Legend list, where he is regularly listed near the top. 
      Shtan had already beaten Fr0zen in the group stages, and so it was fitting that he was able to win again to take down the Winter Championship. The two losing semi-finalists were Canada's DocPwn, and Taiwan's SamuelTsao. All of the top four players will play in the World Championship, which will be held early in 2018.

Click image to expand
      Shtan, who is known for being an innovative deck builder, was a little sad that he was unable to bring anything original to the tournament. Of course, that sadness was more than cancelled out by the end result. It is a sign of a strong, and mature, player to be able to play the right decks for the job in hand.
    • By L0rinda

Today's HCT Championship broadcast began with the reveal of 10 new cards. The first half of this article takes a look at five of those cards and assesses how they might be used in the Year of the Mammoth.
      First of all, we have confirmation that Adapt is costed at 1 Mana. A Pit Fighter with double Adapt is 7 Mana

This seems like a good time to remind everyone what the Adapt options are. They are: +3 Attack, Divine Shield, Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants, +1/+1, Poisonous (as in Emperor Cobra), Stealth until next turn, Windfury, Taunt, +3 Health, and Cannot be targeted (as in Faerie Dragon). Volcanosaur is likely too expensive to play a serious part in the meta, but you will often get the abilities that you want from it given that Adapt works with Discover, and so might be worth bearing in mind in heavy ramp decks, or in decks that need a very late win condition.

It is good to see Blizzard keeping an eye on the current metagame. Gluttonous Ooze is a great card for slowing down aggressive decks that rely on weapons, such as the Current Pirate Warrior. Current ways to deal with Weapons are not particularly satisfactory, so this is a welcome addition to the game.

Mana Bind is a logical card to have created. It is the Spell version of Mirror Entity, and as such will be a nuisance. It will also make playing around cards generated by random effects more complicated. Currently you will usually play around Spellbender and Counterspell as a pair, and the chances are not that great that they have been generated. With Mana Bind in the mix as well, people will have to be a lot more careful when playing around a random Secret.
      As more secrets get added, there is always more chance that a Secret synergy deck revolving around Kabal Lackey and Medivh's Valet type cards will become relevant. It seems unlikely that this card is powerful enough to swing the balance, but it is an archetype to be looked at.

One of the major complaints about Hearthstone for the entire time that the game has existed is the lack of comeback mechanisms. Over the last year or so, the introduction of Portals and cards like Inkmaster Solia have shown a desire for this to change. Vilespine Slayer is another card on that list, and it seems like it is a pretty strong one. The card will fit into a variety of decks as it can fill the role of both a control card, and a card at the top of the curve in an aggro deck to clear the way (although Sap would often fill that role). I think this card will see play in Standard, but as usual, we will need to see how the meta evolves to see exactly how it fits in.

The first thing to note about Living Mana is that it only generates 2/2s until the board is full. The rest of your mana is preserved. This opens the opportunity to play the card on turn 10 and then Savage Roar the turn after if your opponent doesn't deal with the Minions. Against that, if you play it and don't fill the board, you will have no Mana Crystals until either your opponent deals with the Minions, or you trade them off. This is an interesting card that I'm sure people will have fun trying to put into decks.
      The second half of these reveals can be read here.