Euphey

Gearing Help

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.

Edited by Euphey

2 hours ago, Euphey said:

Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.

Lucky for you I was able to find logs of your fights. I know you didn't ask, but I'm a nice guy like that :P

Improving your use of Vanish will go a long way towards helping your damage. You seem to have the basic mechanics down for the most part, although there are a few fights where your Bleed and Poison uptime drops drastically (you should look at refreshing Bleeds before you run off, and try using Poisoned Knife to keep poison stacks up while you aren't on the boss). For Vanish, you should be using it in your opener and then on cooldown after that, with a 5CP Rupture to break that stealth every time for the 50% damage boost

As for gearing, you should try and pick up the other 4 pieces for your tier, unless you get another legendary to swap out. 940 ilevel is really valuable, especially compared to your raid finder tier pieces, since it's so much extra Agility which is the most important stat for Rogues.

Speaking of stats, you'll want to swap out that Crit gem, and you should pick up a significant amount more Mastery on your gear in general. Use Simcraft to find your stat weights, and bring those stat weights to Pawn to tell you which items are upgrades or not. 

So i should lose my two piece to put my legendary pants back on until i get a heroic or normal level set piece? or just work around the legendarys to get 4 piece no matter what?

4 hours ago, Euphey said:

So i should lose my two piece to put my legendary pants back on until i get a heroic or normal level set piece? or just work around the legendarys to get 4 piece no matter what?

An 80 ilevel upgrade (860-940) is almost certainly worth losing your 2set over. Again, you can Sim your character to be sure.

But yes, work around your legendaries. I would replace a legendary with a set bonus pretty much only if the set bonus titanforges really high

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fionoria
      This is certainly not a new topic on this forum.  I've tried to read most all postings on Ret Pally's and dps and comments. I am following the rotation I found here on Icy Veins and have put the rotations on Key bindings. I was in a bg today and someone whispered to me "hey guy, you need to put your rotation on key bindings, you suck."  I'm a woman,   My kill in bg is good, up with everyone else's but I always have the lowest dps.  I thought about just quitting this toon and bring up one of the 3 100's I have but I feel like if I quit I will lose out on playing skills that I need and will never learn to play as well as I could.  Besides, I don't like to just quit.  Thank you for any help and/or advice you can give me. 
      I am at 48 on my artifact weapon, I'm 110 Ret Pally on Kargath.  Fionoria is my toon's name.   Below is a link to my character and all stats, please have a look.
      ADDING BG Stats for tonight: 2 killing blow, 5 deaths, 185 honor kills, dps; 18707, healing 40,000,
      Please give advice, I would really appreciate your help.  Thank you. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/kargath/fionoria
    • By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! ABOUT US
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. 
      We're always on Discord and we joke around a lot, some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. 
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required!)
      Fun Guild events happen monthly!

Battle.net ID: Narii#1891, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      www.bootypirates.guildlaunch.com
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a Mythic raiding guild/
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are looking for dedicated mythic raiders.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:

Wed: TOS Mythic/Heroic
      Thurs: TOS Mythic
      Fri: Mythic + night/Chill  
      Sat: Chill
      Sun: TOS Mythic  
      Mon: Alt Runs  
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events unless stated in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
    • By Riotzin
      <Cryogenic> - 3/9M - Recruiting all RDPS classes for an immediate raid spot to round out our 20m roster. Tues/Weds 7-11 SERVER. Discord/Flask/Food provided for raiders. 925++. Pst for more info!!!

The guild was founded by a group of friends with a mission, to progress through mythic raids without the toxic environment. The guild was formed halfway through EN and despite the late start we built a solid core of raiders and down 5/7M EN before the Nighthold was released. We ended up having to break up as soon as we cleared heroic Nighthold, but we are back with a vengance here on Stormrage now. 

CURRENT PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 5/10M (Guild break after Gul'dan kill)
      Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9N 9/9H 3/9M

LOOKING FOR:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days, who will show up prepared and not waste our time or their own time. We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and that can make sure they can raid without interruption. We don't have any strict attendance policies/punishments, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. 

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Wednesdays: 7-11 Server (EST) Mythic/Progression
      Thursday 8-11 Server (EST) Optional Heroic/Normal

We also often run old content (M EN/ToV/Nightbane/Nighthold) as well as constant M+ groups throughout the day. These runs are 100% optional.

RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking for all exceptional players to rebuild our raid team. We don't care about item level or prior experience. We want quality players to learn, grow, and progress with. We currently have a very strong core of raiders, but with attendance issues and people quitting wow, we are strongly shifting our focus on finding players that excel at their class/spec to round out the last few spots in our main roster. 

CURRENT NEED:
      ALL DPS CLASSES - (ranged more so than melee)
      ALL EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems/enchants (200 gems)
      - Class knowledge
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 8 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time.All underpreforming players, regardless of rank and class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Cauldrons and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donation by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      As a guild we opt to run loot through a loot council that is run by the officers. Loot is distributed in a way that most benefits the raid team in terms of progression. Distributing loot factors are performance/attendance/role/rank (I.E. Trials are typically lower on loot priority. (Higher rank than takes priority over trial) Loot is always dished out in a way that is most beneficial to the guild is a whole, and is a completely transparent process to avoid drama. We use the add-on RClootcouncil for ease of distribution.

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Recruitment Officer - Riotzin (FrostyDog#155103)

OTHER CONTACTS:
      Guild Master/Raid Leader - Dêv (CrispyD#1823) 
      Lootmaster/Co-GM - Beanboss

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.
    • By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented raid to finish heroic in current content.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      http://www.hordelandsecurity.org
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!