Euphey

Gearing Help

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.

Edited by Euphey

2 hours ago, Euphey said:

Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.

Lucky for you I was able to find logs of your fights. I know you didn't ask, but I'm a nice guy like that :P

Improving your use of Vanish will go a long way towards helping your damage. You seem to have the basic mechanics down for the most part, although there are a few fights where your Bleed and Poison uptime drops drastically (you should look at refreshing Bleeds before you run off, and try using Poisoned Knife to keep poison stacks up while you aren't on the boss). For Vanish, you should be using it in your opener and then on cooldown after that, with a 5CP Rupture to break that stealth every time for the 50% damage boost

As for gearing, you should try and pick up the other 4 pieces for your tier, unless you get another legendary to swap out. 940 ilevel is really valuable, especially compared to your raid finder tier pieces, since it's so much extra Agility which is the most important stat for Rogues.

Speaking of stats, you'll want to swap out that Crit gem, and you should pick up a significant amount more Mastery on your gear in general. Use Simcraft to find your stat weights, and bring those stat weights to Pawn to tell you which items are upgrades or not. 

So i should lose my two piece to put my legendary pants back on until i get a heroic or normal level set piece? or just work around the legendarys to get 4 piece no matter what?

4 hours ago, Euphey said:

So i should lose my two piece to put my legendary pants back on until i get a heroic or normal level set piece? or just work around the legendarys to get 4 piece no matter what?

An 80 ilevel upgrade (860-940) is almost certainly worth losing your 2set over. Again, you can Sim your character to be sure.

But yes, work around your legendaries. I would replace a legendary with a set bonus pretty much only if the set bonus titanforges really high