FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yamau

Reno Priest auchenai

I've been recently playing this wonderful reno priest deck, and I have to ask, why isn't auchenai in it? I mean, not that it would be so unimaginable problem to simply add it, but since it would synergize so well with the other cards (its not that rare to have it twice as strong, for free, twice usable healing effect) the one who made must have had some particular reason not to add it. 

1 hour ago, Yamau said:

I've been recently playing this wonderful reno priest deck, and I have to ask, why isn't auchenai in it? I mean, not that it would be so unimaginable problem to simply add it, but since it would synergize so well with the other cards (its not that rare to have it twice as strong, for free, twice usable healing effect) the one who made must have had some particular reason not to add it. 

Auchenai Soulpriest would have more negative synergy than positive synergy with other cards - the only card with positive synergy is Justicar Trueheart. This means you would be hindered by Auchenai Soulpriest more often than you would be gaining advantage from her. That's the main reason she is not included.

1 hour ago, Yamau said:

You generally want to avoid combo cards like soul priest in reno decks.  You not only need the combo enabler but also the other parts of the combo (which is harder when you have less of them).  And turning your hero power into deal 2 damage really isn't worth the slot, especially since the soul priest has sub par stats.  On top of that, not being able to heal against an aggressive meta is bad.

Edited by VaraTreledees