FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TDog

Caldesann's Thornsader

Hey all,

Forgive me if this seems an uneducated question, but in learning about Caldesann's augmentation I have had the thought that as the basic Crusader requires Strength one would use Rubies in the Caldesann's augmentation. However, since the Thornsader utilises and thrives on a high thorns dps/output, would it make sense to Caldesann's augment the weapon with a Topaz instead? Apologies if this has been asked before: I'm a noob in forums. Thank you in advance :)

Augment only works for the main stats of the gem so the topaz would give you intelligence on the weapon.

I've done the mistake myself in my earlier seasons and was not happy :) So augments are always just towards the primary stat you want and in this case it's all STR from the rubies!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Suvivius
      Hey everybody, i've been theory crafting for a while on a LON Condemn Crusader
      https://www.d3planner.com/704716248

The main point of this build is of course focused around condemn but also equipped Justice Lantern and Akarat's Awakening. and passives+spell effects to reach an effective 100% block chance.

The main point of going with these items is to increase the dmg reduction compared to Unity and additional cooldown reduction from blocks with Akarat's Awakening - downside of the build is the lack of magical resistance - an other alternative was to swap the Coven's Criterion, although that still doesn't increase the survivability from magical damage, but basically makes one immune to any blockable attacks.

I would like to hear the thoughts you guys have on the build and if you guys have any other suggestions to alternative build paths.

Build:
      Helm: Andariel's Visage
      Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
      Gloves: Magefist
      Chest: Cindercoat
      Belt: String of Ears
      Pants: Swamp Land Waders
      Boots: Illusory Boots
      Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
      Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
      Ring 1: Justice Lantern
      Ring 2: Convention of Elements
      Weapon: Blade of Prophecy
      Offhand: Frydehr's Wrath

Gems:
      Helm: Flawless Royal Diamond
      Legendary 1: Bane of the Trapped
      Legendary 2: Bane of the Stricken
      Legendary 3: Esoteric Alteration

Cube:
      Weapon: Akarat's Awakening
      Armor: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
      Jewelery: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Crusader Shield Bash build with Roland's set.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Crusader Akkhan Set Dungeon guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Crusader Roland's Set Dungeon guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Crusader Seeker of the Light Set Dungeon guide.