Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Encounter at the Crossroads

10 posts in this topic

mSdYjFv.png

The 92nd Tavern Brawl is Encounter at the Crossroads. It is the fifth time this Brawl has been used, which puts it equal with Randomonium for most uses. This time around though, the Brawl has a fresh twist!

Encounter at the Crossroads and Randomonium are popular for a reason. They both require no investment from the player, they make sure that newer players have a chance, and they have enough skill to interest a large percentage of the player base. Although it can seem a bit tedious to seasoned players to keep having these Brawls, it makes sense to regularly give an easy Brawl to the more casual members of the player base.

The original Encounter at the Crossroads gave you a random deck based on which class you selected. This Brawl is apparently identical to usual at first, but there is a twist after a few turns. You are also rewarded with a Journey to Un'Goro pack, which says it can be opened in mid-April.

t9LAtE3.png

The Brawl has a twist, involving the above card.

I was horribly disappointed to see this again... then I played it! That twist is a game changer and getting a future pack was a pleasant surprise too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, L0rinda said:

It is the fifth time this Brawl has been used, which puts it equal with Randomonium for most uses.

Blizz pls.

I hope the twist makes the brawl at least remotely interesting.

Update: I love me some hunter simulators.

Edited by positiv2
Updated

Posted (edited)

How does bilzz make an average brawl crappy? Add a party crasher. Some how yet again they managed to screw up the tavern brawl for another week. sticking an uncontrollable mob into the game is not an improvement. The Hearthstone team really needs to think about making some replacements in their tavern brawl development team. Maybe hire a four year old at least they would try and be more creative than the people they have now. Fail.

At least when you when you get an Un' Goro pack. That is the only redeeming point this week.

Edited by Gren
forgot something

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I hope the twist makes the brawl at least remotely interesting.

As expected, no, it doesn't! Leave your brains at the door and just dump whatever class cards you need for your daily quest.

1 person likes this

I honestly think this has been the worst brawl for a long time.  I feel that my skill has absolutely no impact on this game, it is over by turn 5 or 6, and if they get the better curve it is impossible to win.

Yep, not interesting, but at least its a fast way to complete your Quests

...and everything is better than the stupid Jade-Kazakus-Bully-Brawl two or three weeks ago...

1 hour ago, VaraTreledees said:

I honestly think this has been the worst brawl for a long time.  I feel that my skill has absolutely no impact on this game, it is over by turn 5 or 6, and if they get the better curve it is impossible to win.

You summed up CurveStone in it's current state perfectly. Brawl is only the result of that.

Usually who start second win because get the first Party Crasher summoned that usually can't be removed right away that will hit your face for long enough to die for first

1 person likes this

Got inner fire and divine spirit in my opening hand as priest. Wait for party crasher to show up, create a 10/10 minion that bypasses taunts, and click end turn 3 times.