Damien

Heroes of the Storm Probius

18 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Probius build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, Valhalen said:

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

Couldn't agree more Valhalen! Auriel does compliment Probius well. Can never go wrong with heals, peels, and a clutch Crystal AegisCrystal Aegis.

• Like 1

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MurkyFelix said:

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

Yeah, I see Probius as a PvE oriented character as well. His waveclear is awesome, and his presence with awesome mana regen through Pylons allows him to constant keep pressure on the lane and damage structures reliably. I find him very fun to play as, in this regard.

My thoughts is that Blizzard may buff him soon due his poor performance in team fights, but I think he does well in his niche.

• Like 1

Maybe a new era of hero design is nigh, but most likely he's just bad and will be fixed soon™. I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

Thanks for pointing it out, we'll be fixing it shortly!

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

I feel like he's countered by way too many heroes, and listing all of them would be useless I believe.

• Like 2

I feel like Protius is the worst character they've released, in terms of PvE and PvP performance. It baffles me that you can make a character so utterly useless on release. I would say he's broken, but this is the way they've built him. I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

I think that Azmodan fits this category pretty well too, although his recent rework and buffs made him quite powerful in team fights. This might fit Hammer better than Azmodan, however.

But I agree with you, I like how Probius' kit was built; just be chillin' there, clearing some waves, gettin' some XP, while da big boyz do the killin'.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Guest Zenren said:

I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

Unless there is an awesome pre-purchase bonus, or you are sure you'll be buying the item (in this case hero) even if it was bad, do not pre-purchase. It's sad when one has to learn the hard way.

23 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

And it's fixed. Thanks again for pointing it out. The guide now reads "Probius' lack of a gap-closer may regularly be capitalized on by more agile opponents." 

• Like 1

On March 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Guest SenatorBinks said:

No mention of "#pallytimeshotgunbuild2016"?

I am appalled.

Yeah, was also wondering about this. MFPallytime did a video where some of your unrecommended talents were core parts of his build. Video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSBGFqrvHM&index=24&list=PLnHeG0oJcJzBmAcP-u0mbLDZjKSEbBbTh

Just a note, Pally does swear so if you don't want to hear that don't click on to it! Thanks!

14 hours ago, Niteshadow said:

Yeah, was also wondering about this. MFPallytime did a video where some of your unrecommended talents were core parts of his build. Video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSBGFqrvHM&index=24&list=PLnHeG0oJcJzBmAcP-u0mbLDZjKSEbBbTh

Just a note, Pally does swear so if you don't want to hear that don't click on to it! Thanks!

So, his choices that we do not recommend are Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement and Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up.
Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement has been nerfed since Probius' release - the video was uploaded on the release date, which means it had the pre-nerf Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement, which was obviously stronger than it is now.
As for Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up, the talent's discussion in the guide sums it up. It's weak and unreliable, making it inferior to Heroic ability upgrades.

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

So, his choices that we do not recommend are Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement and Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up.
Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement has been nerfed since Probius' release - the video was uploaded on the release date, which means it had the pre-nerf Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement, which was obviously stronger than it is now.
As for Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up, the talent's discussion in the guide sums it up. It's weak and unreliable, making it inferior to Heroic ability upgrades.

Alright. Thanks for the reply!

"The cannons last for a total of 11 seconds and will prioritize enemy Heroes first"

This is not true. The canons will target the closest ennemy regardless if it's a hero or not.

• Like 1

On 8. 5. 2017 at 4:31 PM, Farbas said:

"The cannons last for a total of 11 seconds and will prioritize enemy Heroes first"

This is not true. The canons will target the closest ennemy regardless if it's a hero or not.

Yeah, you're right. I just tested it and it does not prioritize heroes, just like you say. I told Micekrispies about it, and an update to the description should come soon. Thanks for pointing this out!

On 5/8/2017 at 7:31 AM, Farbas said:

Just beat me to the punch @positiv2! I had tested it again as well, and I was definitely wrong about the targeting priority. Not sure how I missed that as I specifically remember the cannon mechanics being one of the first things I wanted to know when getting my hands on Probius. The change will be noted shortly, thanks for the heads up!

-MK

Hi again! Thanks for correcting the canon description but you wrote "The cannons last for a total of 13 seconds and will prioritize always prioritize the closest enemy target.". :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Farbas said:

Hi again! Thanks for correcting the canon description but you wrote "The cannons last for a total of 13 seconds and will prioritize always prioritize the closest enemy target.". :)

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll let Micekrispies know. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.