Damien

Heroes of the Storm Probius

10 posts in this topic

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

No mention of "#pallytimeshotgunbuild2016"?

I am appalled.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, Valhalen said:

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

Couldn't agree more Valhalen! Auriel does compliment Probius well. Can never go wrong with heals, peels, and a clutch Crystal AegisCrystal Aegis.

1 person likes this

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, MurkyFelix said:

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

Yeah, I see Probius as a PvE oriented character as well. His waveclear is awesome, and his presence with awesome mana regen through Pylons allows him to constant keep pressure on the lane and damage structures reliably. I find him very fun to play as, in this regard.

My thoughts is that Blizzard may buff him soon due his poor performance in team fights, but I think he does well in his niche.

1 person likes this

Maybe a new era of hero design is nigh, but most likely he's just bad and will be fixed soon™. I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

Thanks for pointing it out, we'll be fixing it shortly!

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

I feel like he's countered by way too many heroes, and listing all of them would be useless I believe.

2 people like this

I feel like Protius is the worst character they've released, in terms of PvE and PvP performance. It baffles me that you can make a character so utterly useless on release. I would say he's broken, but this is the way they've built him. I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

I think that Azmodan fits this category pretty well too, although his recent rework and buffs made him quite powerful in team fights. This might fit Hammer better than Azmodan, however.

But I agree with you, I like how Probius' kit was built; just be chillin' there, clearing some waves, gettin' some XP, while da big boyz do the killin'.

Edited by Valhalen
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Guest Zenren said:

I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

Unless there is an awesome pre-purchase bonus, or you are sure you'll be buying the item (in this case hero) even if it was bad, do not pre-purchase. It's sad when one has to learn the hard way.

23 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

And it's fixed. Thanks again for pointing it out. The guide now reads "Probius' lack of a gap-closer may regularly be capitalized on by more agile opponents." 

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor