Damien

Heroes of the Storm Probius

22 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Probius build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, Valhalen said:

As an avid Auriel main, I must say that Probius is pretty effective under the effects of Bestow Hope. His high burst gives some sweet sweet energy.

Couldn't agree more Valhalen! Auriel does compliment Probius well. Can never go wrong with heals, peels, and a clutch Crystal AegisCrystal Aegis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MurkyFelix said:

Probius is pretty cool, but I do feel like he's more PVE. I find it hard to reliably hit Warp Rift so it might just be me but I feel like either the placement time, range or slow needs a small buff. Other wise he's pretty nice xD

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

Yeah, I see Probius as a PvE oriented character as well. His waveclear is awesome, and his presence with awesome mana regen through Pylons allows him to constant keep pressure on the lane and damage structures reliably. I find him very fun to play as, in this regard.

My thoughts is that Blizzard may buff him soon due his poor performance in team fights, but I think he does well in his niche.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a new era of hero design is nigh, but most likely he's just bad and will be fixed soon™. I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

Thanks for pointing it out, we'll be fixing it shortly!

11 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also I think Valeera is a hard counter to him, got rekt in a game against her recently

I feel like he's countered by way too many heroes, and listing all of them would be useless I believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Protius is the worst character they've released, in terms of PvE and PvP performance. It baffles me that you can make a character so utterly useless on release. I would say he's broken, but this is the way they've built him. I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I definitely like how he isn't just another hero that can participate in fights, but is rather a hero that should stand aside and hope your team wins the fight (well, to some extent).

I think that Azmodan fits this category pretty well too, although his recent rework and buffs made him quite powerful in team fights. This might fit Hammer better than Azmodan, however.

But I agree with you, I like how Probius' kit was built; just be chillin' there, clearing some waves, gettin' some XP, while da big boyz do the killin'.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest Zenren said:

I actually paid for him, because the release video made him seem a lot tougher than he is. If I've gained anything from purchasing Probius it's that I've learned to wait to buy characters til I hear how they've performed. 

Unless there is an awesome pre-purchase bonus, or you are sure you'll be buying the item (in this case hero) even if it was bad, do not pre-purchase. It's sad when one has to learn the hard way.

23 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

Also, there's a typo in the description of counters, "Probius' lack of a reliable may regularly ", I'm assuming reliable escape xP

And it's fixed. Thanks again for pointing it out. The guide now reads "Probius' lack of a gap-closer may regularly be capitalized on by more agile opponents." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Guest SenatorBinks said:

No mention of "#pallytimeshotgunbuild2016"?

 

I am appalled.

Yeah, was also wondering about this. MFPallytime did a video where some of your unrecommended talents were core parts of his build. Video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSBGFqrvHM&index=24&list=PLnHeG0oJcJzBmAcP-u0mbLDZjKSEbBbTh

Just a note, Pally does swear so if you don't want to hear that don't click on to it! Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Niteshadow said:

Yeah, was also wondering about this. MFPallytime did a video where some of your unrecommended talents were core parts of his build. Video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSBGFqrvHM&index=24&list=PLnHeG0oJcJzBmAcP-u0mbLDZjKSEbBbTh

Just a note, Pally does swear so if you don't want to hear that don't click on to it! Thanks!

So, his choices that we do not recommend are Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement and Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up.
Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement has been nerfed since Probius' release - the video was uploaded on the release date, which means it had the pre-nerf Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement, which was obviously stronger than it is now.
As for Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up, the talent's discussion in the guide sums it up. It's weak and unreliable, making it inferior to Heroic ability upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

So, his choices that we do not recommend are Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement and Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up.
Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement has been nerfed since Probius' release - the video was uploaded on the release date, which means it had the pre-nerf Quantum EntanglementQuantum Entanglement, which was obviously stronger than it is now.
As for Shoot 'Em UpShoot 'Em Up, the talent's discussion in the guide sums it up. It's weak and unreliable, making it inferior to Heroic ability upgrades.

Alright. Thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The cannons last for a total of 11 seconds and will prioritize enemy Heroes first"

This is not true. The canons will target the closest ennemy regardless if it's a hero or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8. 5. 2017 at 4:31 PM, Farbas said:

"The cannons last for a total of 11 seconds and will prioritize enemy Heroes first"

This is not true. The canons will target the closest ennemy regardless if it's a hero or not.

Yeah, you're right. I just tested it and it does not prioritize heroes, just like you say. I told Micekrispies about it, and an update to the description should come soon. Thanks for pointing this out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 7:31 AM, Farbas said:

"The cannons last for a total of 11 seconds and will prioritize enemy Heroes first"

This is not true. The canons will target the closest ennemy regardless if it's a hero or not.

Just beat me to the punch @positiv2! I had tested it again as well, and I was definitely wrong about the targeting priority. Not sure how I missed that as I specifically remember the cannon mechanics being one of the first things I wanted to know when getting my hands on Probius. The change will be noted shortly, thanks for the heads up!

-MK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again! Thanks for correcting the canon description but you wrote "The cannons last for a total of 13 seconds and will prioritize always prioritize the closest enemy target.". :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Farbas said:

Hi again! Thanks for correcting the canon description but you wrote "The cannons last for a total of 13 seconds and will prioritize always prioritize the closest enemy target.". :)

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll let Micekrispies know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does Probius have value in Ranked? Does Chromie or Zeratul make him worth the vulnerability? Been playing with Warp Rift and when it works in the early game it's hilarious, but when he gets attacked later with some mobility, it gets really difficult to stay alive. Always seems so damn slow to move. Does Photon Cannon armour have any worthwhile impact on that?

Feels like his z should have a 1 second shield when first turned on.

Edited by Morcalivan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You put Braxis holdout as a weaker map for probius, but that is very wrong. Braxis holdout is absolutely his best map, I can attest as a probius main with a 70% win rate on the map. Probe makes as an excellent solo laner with photon cannon build, and even if he loses the first Zerg way his wave clear makes it very rare for the zerg wave to take the first fort.

Edited by porkcchop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think that the cannons talents need some buffs, they are so weak compared to what its given to other characters

Tower DefenseTower Defense for example could give some range to deploy it from a safe position and also he should receive an Auto attack buff to make itmeaningful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys have interpreted the shoot em up talent incorrectly, it isn't supposed to deal damage, it is designed to allow Probius to detonate warp rifts that are not in a straight line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...