FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
L0rinda

Winter Championship: Result and Winning Decklists

CnVsSUi.jpg

The first HCT Global Championship of the year has been completed. ShtanUdachi took home the $60,000 first prize by defeating Fr0zen 4-3 in the Grand Final.

It was no surprise to many observers that these two players made it to the final. Each of them have been powerhouses on ladder for a long time, and both began to get noticable tournament results in 2016. Some of you might recognise Shtan as ШтанУдачи on the monthly Legend list, where he is regularly listed near the top. 

Shtan had already beaten Fr0zen in the group stages, and so it was fitting that he was able to win again to take down the Winter Championship. The two losing semi-finalists were Canada's DocPwn, and Taiwan's SamuelTsao. All of the top four players will play in the World Championship, which will be held early in 2018.

tzvRF05.png

Click image to expand

Shtan, who is known for being an innovative deck builder, was a little sad that he was unable to bring anything original to the tournament. Of course, that sadness was more than cancelled out by the end result. It is a sign of a strong, and mature, player to be able to play the right decks for the job in hand.

That Rogue list running Deckhand over Leeroy seems to be interesting, i wonder what the thought process behind such decision is. As far as i know most miracolis still run Leeroy as their finisher. Might be to be more consistent with all-in Questing and VanCleef plays especially with double Counterfeit Coin.

• Like 1

On March 28, 2017 at 2:33 AM, BrightwingMain said:

That Rogue list running Deckhand over Leeroy seems to be interesting, i wonder what the thought process behind such decision is. As far as i know most miracolis still run Leeroy as their finisher. Might be to be more consistent with all-in Questing and VanCleef plays especially with double Counterfeit Coin.

Perhaps to allow for playing and buffing in the same turn as Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:29 PM, Dls910 said:

Perhaps to allow for playing and buffing in the same turn as Gadgetzan Auctioneer.

It can also be used to pull patches and as a 2 damage removal if you need it.  Just generally more flexible.