Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Choose Your Champion: TESPA Edition

15 posts in this topic

7FTXKYY.jpg

The Collegiate National Finals take place over the weekend of 22-23 April, and in keeping with other large finals, Blizzard are running a Choose Your Champion contest.

You can win up to three packs per server for choosing who you think is going to win the TESPA Finals. The contest can be found on this page. You will receive one pack for entering, another if your team wins their quarter-final match, and a third if they reach the final. The prize pool for the event has been over $160,000 in scholarship money, with the winners taking $10,000 each in scholarships.

The teams remaining in the event are as follows:

Blizzard LogoTop Eight TESPA Teams

Shawnee State University

Colorado State University

École Polytechnique de Montréal

Rutgers University

The University of Texas at San Antonio

University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill

University of California – Riverside

University of California – Berkeley

Frodan will be the host for the event. Cora "Songbird" Georgiou and Nathan "ThatsAdmirable" Zamora will be the headline casters.

The event will also showcase the winners of the 2017 So You Think You Can Cast contest: Justin "JV" Varghese, and Nabil "Nebtune" Pervez.

Hyper-link goes to the wrong page. You want this page.

3 people like this

I have no idea how good the TESPA team are. Any suggestion who to pick?

I like the increased amount of Choose Your Champion packs lately, though I can never quite pick the best one (Thijs for 1 pack, Pavel for 1 pack). 

9 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

I have no idea how good the TESPA team are. Any suggestion who to pick?

I like the increased amount of Choose Your Champion packs lately, though I can never quite pick the best one (Thijs for 1 pack, Pavel for 1 pack). 

My picks have always been equally as terrible... so on that note, pick Rutgers at your own risk.

1 person likes this

Wait a minute, hold on...so they are already having another Choose Your Champion thing and yet I still haven't even gotten the last packs I was promised from the last one...what gives! (Yes, I did make an account just to ask that question but will keep it so I can chat in the forums for more Harthstone stuff, so sue me).

4 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

Wait a minute, hold on...so they are already having another Choose Your Champion thing and yet I still haven't even gotten the last packs I was promised from the last one...what gives! (Yes, I did make an account just to ask that question but will keep it so I can chat in the forums for more Harthstone stuff, so sue me).

I recommend logging to all servers. It's also possible you missed it, as the pack was awarded on the same day as a pack from daily login rewards, which could have made you skip-click it. After you check all your servers, and if you are absolutely sure that you did not receive your pack, contact the support.
We are happy when new users join us, whatever the reason is. Welcome!

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

After you check all your servers, and if you are absolutely sure that you did not receive your pack...

So how would I be able to tell if I did get the pack or not? Is there a log for what packs I do get that I can find?

And thanks, glad to be here :) Originally found the site because I'm really...REALLY bad at deck building and was looking to see if my "Healers Delight" Deck idea was actually a sound strategy...but that's for another forum post XD

6 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

So how would I be able to tell if I did get the pack or not? Is there a log for what packs I do get that I can find?

None that I know of. It's more like, how much do you believe that you did not subconsciously click the pack and then opened it without thinking about it much. You can always ask the support, and even if you did open it, no harm done, though it could be a waste of time. 

1 person likes this

Heh. I voted for the Ecole polytechnique de Montréal. At least they speak French! :p

I voted Colorado State. Was that a good gamble?

I can win 1 pack? Does my team have to become the champion to earn the (Gadgetzan!) pack?

Anyonme knows the teams in the championship maybe?

offtopic:

Well I found a King Mosh Warrior Legendary in a pack this morning anyway :)
I love it. I always wanted to have it (since the beginning of time ..... in Ungoro ..... 2 weeks ago)
If only because it's name is King Mosh.

13 minutes ago, Esthirel said:

I can win 1 pack? Does my team have to become the champion to earn the (Gadgetzan!) pack?

You get a pack for voting, and a pack for each round that your team wins (advances from the round), totalling 3 packs if your team ends up 1st or 2nd.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

You get a pack for voting, and a pack for each round that your team wins (advances from the round), totalling 3 packs if your team ends up 1st or 2nd.

Thnx man. That was exactly what i needed to know! And you're so fast. I Like tempo ;)

Edited by Esthirel
typo
1 person likes this

On 4/15/2017 at 2:31 AM, positiv2 said:

Wait, if that's the case then I definitely haven't got a pack! I had no packs in my inventory when I made the vote for this one (as for the last Choose your Champion, with Un-goro packs coming and going a lot, I doubt it would be worth it to try and remember). Who would I contact about this for support?

26 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

Wait, if that's the case then I definitely haven't got a pack! I had no packs in my inventory when I made the vote for this one (as for the last Choose your Champion, with Un-goro packs coming and going a lot, I doubt it would be worth it to try and remember). Who would I contact about this for support?

The packs are sent a few days after the event ends, which means you will have to wait to get your pack added to your account.

For the second time in a row, I pick the participant who will finish in the second place. First Frozen and now Montreal. I got the maximum number of packs somehow, so I got that going for me. Even though I am not really missing anything from Gadgetzan set.