FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

I have a question about Al'maiesh, the Cord of HopeAl'maiesh, the Cord of Hope.  Should I regard the bonus as passive, or should I alter my rotation to take advantage of it?  With HW:Serenity, it seems clear I should just allow the bonus to stack passively during periods of light damage, but I still cast it on cooldown as long as I think at least 70% of it would land.  (It's already so huge, waiting could often mean somebody dies).

But it's less clear to me how to treat HW:Sanctify;  Without the belt, I'd generally HW:Sanctify on cooldown unless it'd do some egregious amount of overhealing.  With the belt, is there an ideal number of stacks that increase either your HPS or HPM?  So far, I find myself holding off on HW:Sanctify, instead using PoH to boost HW:Sanctify for when there's a nice big damage spike.  Not sure if this is worth doing or not.

A couple notes about the item, in case anyone is interested:

-There are two buffs which track independently, one for each of your holy words.

-The stacks have no duration!  (I forgot to test whether they clear on boss pull or not, but I expect they do.) (Edit:  The stacks do clear on boss pull.)

-It dropped from one of two chests at the end of a successful Mythic lvl2 (+1) Neltharion's Lair.

-It is equippable in any spec, so it currently offers a huge boost even for shadow/disc, despite the bonus applying exclusively to Holy spec.

Edited by Aieoshekai

31 minutes ago, Aieoshekai said:

Not sure if this is worth doing or not.

Really not sure on this one. Going to need to look into it some more. Will try to get back to you ASAP with an answer.

Question,

Let me start by saying, yes I'm aware of how game changing and powerful Apotheosis is.

That being said, I was wondering if anybody has been finding any times/uses for CoH?

Since mobility is an established issue with Priests vs say, a Resto Druid or Shaman I've been experimenting with talents in my own way.  Outside of super high damage periods in Raids I usually don't feel like I need Apotheosis so I've been trying to maximize my mobility by finding ways to maximize use of my instant cast spells.

Example,

AoE damage burst on random Heroic/Mythic dungeon boss XX, running around a lot due to damage mechanics so no time to plant my feet for any PoH casts so I Sanctify into CoH, (hopefully) followed by some instant FH's and a Serenity before Divinity drops off on the lowest health target until I get a chance to actually stop and cast any PoH's.  I've been having a lot of luck with this combo but my game experience so far is limited to Heroic/baseline Mythic dungeons and the first 3 bosses of EN on normal difficulty only.

I feel like CoH is really strong on a short cd, and heals for more that PoH anyways.  I was just wondering from all the heavy hitters and theory crafters if I'm just wasting my time using it due to the powerhouse of Apotheosis.

**Note:  I'm not very geared yet..840 on Holy I believe and on our small filthy casual raid team I'm the highest producing best geared of the 3 of us....I feel like Apotheosis is a risk vs reward with my mana bar, at least 2 wipes on Evil Tree on Saturday night was from all 3 healers eventually going OOM.

15 hours ago, Ginger said:

That being said, I was wondering if anybody has been finding any times/uses for CoH?

Firstly, yes, it's viable but very expensive to use. Apotheosis gives considerably more HPS in those tight moments when compared to CoH. CoH can be used in 5 mans where mana doesn't really matter, but it's worth noting that it is very expensive for raids, as well as not being buffed by artifact traits compared to PoH.

For raids, stick with Apoth. For 5-mans, feel free to use CoH if you wish.

Guest Tier 8 is wrong

Just wondering but it says Apotheosis is the best choice for tier 8... If you would choose benediction and have the artifact power of 20% of not consuming charges and also have the Power of it heals the person for 50k if the target has renew on them the best talent is benediction

17 hours ago, Guest Tier 8 is wrong said:

Just wondering but it says Apotheosis is the best choice for tier 8... If you would choose benediction and have the artifact power of 20% of not consuming charges and also have the Power of it heals the person for 50k if the target has renew on them the best talent is benediction

Renew doesn't benefit from your most powerful stat, Mastery. This means you're stacking a stat to be useless with something you're trying to blanket a raid in.

Looking at WLogs, barely anyone uses Benediction that ranks well on most fights. It wasn't great when we wrote the guide and it still isn't great, unfortunately. 

Guest Starmind
On 2016-10-07 at 11:14 AM, Blainie said:

Renew doesn't benefit from your most powerful stat, Mastery. This means you're stacking a stat to be useless with something you're trying to blanket a raid in.

Looking at WLogs, barely anyone uses Benediction that ranks well on most fights. It wasn't great when we wrote the guide and it still isn't great, unfortunately. 

This isn't entirely correct. Most top rankers use benediction for the fights that feature ticking damage. In Emerald Nightmare, Nythendra, Dragons and Cenarius are perfect for benediction and widely used. For any other fights, Apotheosis is the best choice. CoH isn't really viable due to the insane mana cost.

I would also like to point out that the rotation page is a bit incorrect as well. Nowadays with current traits and gear, flash heal spam yields more HPS than PoH. With good trinkets, you can basically spam flash heal and use your holy words throughout an entire fight and never throw a single PoH, even though raid damage is high. Once again, top rankers usually never even use PoH but spam flash heal instead.

On 10/8/2016 at 9:03 PM, Guest Starmind said:

This isn't entirely correct. Most top rankers use benediction for the fights that feature ticking damage. In Emerald Nightmare, Nythendra, Dragons and Cenarius are perfect for benediction and widely used. For any other fights, Apotheosis is the best choice. CoH isn't really viable due to the insane mana cost.

Just double checked to be sure I wasn't mistaken, but:

• Nythendra Heroic: Top 5 ranking Priests all use Apotheosis. 
  • Dragons Heroic: Same as above.
  • Cenarius Heroic: 1 of the top 5 uses Benediction, the rest all use Apotheosis.

Apoth is also the top chosen talent on all 3 fights, regardless of difficulty.

On 10/8/2016 at 9:03 PM, Guest Starmind said:

I would also like to point out that the rotation page is a bit incorrect as well. Nowadays with current traits and gear, flash heal spam yields more HPS than PoH. With good trinkets, you can basically spam flash heal and use your holy words throughout an entire fight and never throw a single PoH, even though raid damage is high. Once again, top rankers usually never even use PoH but spam flash heal instead.

Will pass this on and see if I can get it checked.

Guest sammet.

Hi, Im playing legion just 1 week but I have a question. Intellect is main stat for healers, but u are socketing only 1 intell gem, why ? Ive seen that echo heals really nice numbers, but...I guess mass intell gems should be better, or not ? 

1 hour ago, Guest sammet. said:

Hi, Im playing legion just 1 week but I have a question. Intellect is main stat for healers, but u are socketing only 1 intell gem, why ? Ive seen that echo heals really nice numbers, but...I guess mass intell gems should be better, or not ? 

It's because +200 to the main stat gems are Unique-Equipped (you can't equip more than one)

Guest Zebber
On 10/7/2016 at 10:14 AM, Blainie said:

Benediciton is actually pretty decent depending on the encounter, I use it for ursoc after playing with Apoth and CoH and rank 99% on logs with Benediction and only around 93%  with the other 2,

Also the BIS list for holy needs an update, There is a better trink that gives int + puts a 6 sec debuff on a target you uea Heal/Flash heal on when that debuff expires u gain around 4k mana back... that trink is far better than the web trink form spiderbird boss..

6 hours ago, Guest Zebber said:

Benediciton is actually pretty decent depending on the encounter, I use it for ursoc after playing with Apoth and CoH and rank 99% on logs with Benediction and only around 93%  with the other 2,

Yeah, that comment is from a while ago (about 6-7 weeks) and we have updated our evaluation of Benediction since then, even twice I think.

6 hours ago, Guest Zebber said:

Also the BIS list for holy needs an update, There is a better trink that gives int + puts a 6 sec debuff on a target you uea Heal/Flash heal on when that debuff expires u gain around 4k mana back... that trink is far better than the web trink form spiderbird boss..

Do you mean Ephemeral ParadoxEphemeral Paradox? I doubt we can add that to the BiS since the Nighthold hasn't even released yet.

Guest Zebber
On 11/24/2016 at 5:06 PM, Blainie said:

Yeah, that comment is from a while ago (about 6-7 weeks) and we have updated our evaluation of Benediction since then, even twice I think.

Do you mean Ephemeral ParadoxEphemeral Paradox? I doubt we can add that to the BiS since the Nighthold hasn't even released yet.

Amalgam's Seventh Spine

is the trinket, it's from black rook hold first boss,  at 850 ilvl it has the same int as

Cocoon of Enforced Solitude  how ever you gain mana when you heal/flash heal (and since flash heal procs often and costs no mana to use) Amalgam's Seventh Spine is a better option for constant passive mana, compared to the cocoon that has a use option and requires you to do nothing for 10 seconds,  :)    http://www.wowhead.com/item=136714/amalgams-seventh-spine

Guest Zebber
On 12/1/2016 at 10:03 AM, Rudy199 said:

Isn't  Holy MendingHoly Mending pointless trait if I don't spec into benediction? I don't use renew that much in raiding.

Even without benediction just put renews on the tanks (or main tank) and use PoM when ever u can (i typically always use it off cd since it goes nice with my Hymm golden =]

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ghostlands/Zebber/advanced

On 11/26/2016 at 7:50 PM, Guest Zebber said:

Amalgam's Seventh Spine

is the trinket, it's from black rook hold first boss,  at 850 ilvl it has the same int as

Cocoon of Enforced Solitude  how ever you gain mana when you heal/flash heal (and since flash heal procs often and costs no mana to use) Amalgam's Seventh Spine is a better option for constant passive mana, compared to the cocoon that has a use option and requires you to do nothing for 10 seconds,  :)    http://www.wowhead.com/item=136714/amalgams-seventh-spine

Using this would require you to only Flash Heal/Heal once per 6 seconds, though. Even if you swap targets, it will still re-trigger the effect because of your artifact, which means you could be waiting 9 seconds or so for it to pop, in which you can't use either spell.

Guest Thedemonsmaster
16 hours ago, Blainie said:

Using this would require you to only Flash Heal/Heal once per 6 seconds, though. Even if you swap targets, it will still re-trigger the effect because of your artifact, which means you could be waiting 9 seconds or so for it to pop, in which you can't use either spell.

This is surely right for dungeon content, especially as there shouldn't be a lot of mana problems anyway, but I don't think that it's the same for raiding content. If you heal a larger group and frequently use a single Flash Heal or Heal on random raid members apart from the tanks then the effect should pop quite often and refresh significant amounts of mana over a longer fight.

Since intelligence is the best stat for holy priests anyway, I think that Amalgam's Seventh Spine is one of the best trinkets by far for raiding content and definitely better than every trinket without intelligence.

Guest Fyngolfin

What are the best heal jewels for you (excluding mytic raid), for holy priest in particular, and why?

On 12/6/2016 at 1:54 PM, Guest Thedemonsmaster said:

This is surely right for dungeon content, especially as there shouldn't be a lot of mana problems anyway, but I don't think that it's the same for raiding content. If you heal a larger group and frequently use a single Flash Heal or Heal on random raid members apart from the tanks then the effect should pop quite often and refresh significant amounts of mana over a longer fight.

Since intelligence is the best stat for holy priests anyway, I think that Amalgam's Seventh Spine is one of the best trinkets by far for raiding content and definitely better than every trinket without intelligence.

How often do you cast Flash Heal or Heal in a raid fight? I'm just looking at some of the logs from players and it seems to be a pretty frequent spell. This would mean it will never proc, at least at the rates I am seeing it cast. If you, for example, would want it to proc after every cast of it, you'll have to cast it and wait 9 seconds until the proc actually goes off. This, over a 9 minute fight, would mean around 60 uses of Flash Heal or Heal. 

From what I can see, people are using only Flash Heal 100+ times per fight.

5 hours ago, Guest Fyngolfin said:

What are the best heal jewels for you (excluding mytic raid), for holy priest in particular, and why?

What do you mean by this? You would simply look at the gems section:

You should use Saber's Eye of Intellect Icon Saber's Eye of Intellect in one socket, and Masterful Shadowruby Icon Masterful Shadowruby in all other sockets.

I don't see a need for any changes, but please do let me know if you feel there is some requirement for it.

On 12/8/2016 at 4:35 PM, Blainie said:

How often do you cast Flash Heal or Heal in a raid fight? I'm just looking at some of the logs from players and it seems to be a pretty frequent spell. This would mean it will never proc, at least at the rates I am seeing it cast. If you, for example, would want it to proc after every cast of it, you'll have to cast it and wait 9 seconds until the proc actually goes off. This, over a 9 minute fight, would mean around 60 uses of Flash Heal or Heal. 

From what I can see, people are using only Flash Heal 100+ times per fight.

the  Fragile Echo  debuff goes on the target you flash heal/heal not yourself - so when it drops off of them you gain the mana

1, flash heal tank 1 (1.5sec cast time)
2, flash heal tank 2 (1.5sec cast time)
3, flash heal mage (1.5sec cast time)
4, flash heal hunter (1.5sec cast time) (end of cast the effect is dropping off tank 1 you gain x manna)
5, flash heal tank 1 (1.5sec cast)  (end of cast the effect is dropping off tank 2 you gain x manna)

so it is constant mama regen through the duration of the whole fight

:)

Edited by Zebber

On 12/13/2016 at 9:45 PM, Zebber said:

so it is constant mama regen through the duration of the whole fight

You are forgetting your Artifact trait, Trail of Light. The replicated spell procs the trinket as well. This adds another 3-4 seconds to each proc of it.

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

You are forgetting your Artifact trait, Trail of Light. The replicated spell procs the trinket as well. This adds another 3-4 seconds to each proc of it.

it would only add 3-4 seconds if the first Echo was almost about to drop off then the level 15 talent  Trail of Light  puts it back to 6,
but when throwing flash heals constantly with a 1.3 second cast time it would only add just over 1second to the Echo,

I use this tricket on pretty much every HC encounter and never finish below 60% mana, without the trink and using cacoon instead and using it off cd.  i'll finish on around 20% or lower depending on the encounter, 

I'd suggest putting it into practice yourself against the cacoon and seeing the outcome for yourself :)

Sign in to follow this