FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

9 hours ago, Guest Taoma said:

Why is the trinket Barbaric Mindlsaver mentioned 2 times in the gear section?

Thanks for pointing this out! It will be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7 hours ago, Guest Tk89 said:

Are there Caps for haste, crit and Mastery?

Haste/Crit is completely personal preference, especially on Haste. Take whatever feels right for you. I'm at around 16%. For Mastery, go for anything between 30-40%. Intellect is the main priority though, so push for item level almost always. Only start balancing your secondaries when it doesn't affect your intellect.

Hi guys.
Have someone already made any kind of note about the "the Deceivers Grand Design"?
Some ppl (including AutomaticJak) say it is BiS for throughput  and the trinket seems good when you read the description.

However I can't figure out the best way to use it. Should I put both on each tank, should I always keep one, or actually should I put it on a dps or a heal?

I'm just worried because I'm used to run with Velen's and Promises. And Promises Deck have helped me a lot to progress in my casual guild. I'm afraid if I change Promises to DGD I'd be getting out of my comfort zone and run OOM faster. Not saying being out of the comfort zone is a bad thing, I just don't wanna mess everything, and I need to learn the best way to use the DGD for this.

ps: I actually have Sea Star too, wich Automaticjak indicates as the 2 BiS (with DGD) but I'm waiting for a t20 shoulder to drop, then I can change the Velen for legendary leg. Some fights I don't see the Velens doing a great job, unless I'm making a mistake (wich can be the case)
pps: adding the armory If someone need to check something.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/azralon/tayako

*sorry for my bad english*

29 minutes ago, Tayako said:

I'm just worried because I'm used to run with Velen's and Promises. And Promises Deck have helped me a lot to progress in my casual guild. I'm afraid if I change Promises to DGD I'd be getting out of my comfort zone and run OOM faster. Not saying being out of the comfort zone is a bad thing, I just don't wanna mess everything, and I need to learn the best way to use the DGD for this.

Sea Star and Grand Design are both excellent trinkets and, by general calculation, better than Promises. Promises is definitely more forgiving due to the regen that it provides, though. If you feel more comfortable healing with it, stick with it. I would at least try healing without it, though. You will likely do slightly worse at first due to some bad habits you have likely picked up while using Promises (using more mana than you should, relying on it to regen etc.).

They will ideally be your BiS trinkets assuming you change Velen's, so it's better to learn to heal without Promises if you can. If you really want to stick with it, then do. It's not a bad trinket at all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blainie said:

Sea Star and Grand Design are both excellent trinkets and, by general calculation, better than Promises. Promises is definitely more forgiving due to the regen that it provides, though. If you feel more comfortable healing with it, stick with it. I would at least try healing without it, though. You will likely do slightly worse at first due to some bad habits you have likely picked up while using Promises (using more mana than you should, relying on it to regen etc.).

They will ideally be your BiS trinkets assuming you change Velen's, so it's better to learn to heal without Promises if you can. If you really want to stick with it, then do. It's not a bad trinket at all.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. So, about the DGD, what is the best way to make proper use of it?
Thanks, Blainie! <3

On 27/07/2017 at 3:10 PM, Tayako said:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. So, about the DGD, what is the best way to make proper use of it?
Thanks, Blainie! <3

I'd maintain it on the tanks, allowing the HPS to just do its job - make sure you swap them around if other people also have the trinket, since there's no point in doubling up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markorply said:

How does binding heal synergize with benediction at all? Surely you mean piety.

That should be the case - where are you seeing the binding reference? I'll get it changed.

Guest Elrohim

Wouldn't Mark of the Trained Soldier be a good replacement for the Mark of the Ancient Priestess? It's +600 mastery instead of occasionally healing a random ally for 20k, which is pretty much useless.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:36 AM, Guest Elrohim said:

Wouldn't Mark of the Trained Soldier be a good replacement for the Mark of the Ancient Priestess? It's +600 mastery instead of occasionally healing a random ally for 20k, which is pretty much useless.

Both are viable - Priestess normally gives more benefit.

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

Guest Yoro

Hi, I've been healing as an Hpriest off and on for about 2 years now and I have found that I use Flash Hea significantly more often in raids than Heal. My guild just got AOTC and I'm the only burst healer in our group (we have a druid and a shaman as the other two healers.) I've tried to follow the guides advice to use Heal more than Flash Heart but it always significantly effects my HPS and causes me to end most bosses with excess mana. Should I continue doing what I've been doing or should I try and follow the guide more closely? My stats are currently 46% mastery 27% crit 21% haste and  4% vers. thank youadvance

5 hours ago, Guest Yoro said:

Hi, I've been healing as an Hpriest off and on for about 2 years now and I have found that I use Flash Hea significantly more often in raids than Heal. My guild just got AOTC and I'm the only burst healer in our group (we have a druid and a shaman as the other two healers.) I've tried to follow the guides advice to use Heal more than Flash Heart but it always significantly effects my HPS and causes me to end most bosses with excess mana. Should I continue doing what I've been doing or should I try and follow the guide more closely? My stats are currently 46% mastery 27% crit 21% haste and  4% vers. thank youadvance

The guide essentially wants you to use Flash Heal as much as you need to. It's not necessarily saying to not use it, but to use it as you feel your mana allows you to, as well as how the fight requires it. There's no point conserving mana if your tank dies and wipes the raid. 

The guide's advice about FH focuses more on spamming it all fight, even when you don't need to.

Couple questions - 

At roughly what iLVL/Int level did everyone stop using mana trinkets?  I'm at 908.

Supplementary question - I've been using binding heal with throughput trinkets and have been seeing around 300-400 HPS.  I don't know if that's good for my gear level.  I'm also not really struggling with mana - should I be using FH instead?  BH looks really good on paper, but if someone outright tells me that it's bad...I'll stop!

15 hours ago, Xix said:

Couple questions - 

At roughly what iLVL/Int level did everyone stop using mana trinkets?  I'm at 908.

This is purely personal preference. Will depend heavily on how you heal, what you heal and with whom you heal.

15 hours ago, Xix said:

Supplementary question - I've been using binding heal with throughput trinkets and have been seeing around 300-400 HPS.  I don't know if that's good for my gear level.  I'm also not really struggling with mana - should I be using FH instead?  BH looks really good on paper, but if someone outright tells me that it's bad...I'll stop!

You should only be using BH if you're talented specifically to use it and you're looking to raid heal. If so, keep using BH, swap to FH if a ST starts dying and you're other heals can't keep up.

Rare Patron

Is there any chance this guide will be updated in the Netherlight Crucible section to include some Crucibleweight Strings for each of the specs for the aforementioned Crucibleweight addon? It's super helpful to use and makes the time it takes to figure out the which path you should take when applying them current and new relics. Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

On 10/9/2017 at 10:36 PM, Vavictus said:

Is there any chance this guide will be updated in the Netherlight Crucible section to include some Crucibleweight Strings for each of the specs for the aforementioned Crucibleweight addon? It's super helpful to use and makes the time it takes to figure out the which path you should take when applying them current and new relics. Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I think that some specs have had this added recently (namely Hunter guides), but I'm not sure if it will be added to the others. I can certainly ask, but it depends on the writer/reviewer for each individual guide.

Guest Skygrace

Hi, The trinket comparison spreadsheet mentioned on the gearing page of the guide says there was a typo in a formula and Highfather's Machination is actually the best trinket after Velen's and Aman'Thul's, and MUCH better than the rest of the Antorus trinkets for holy.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:18 AM, Guest Skygrace said:

Hi, The trinket comparison spreadsheet mentioned on the gearing page of the guide says there was a typo in a formula and Highfather's Machination is actually the best trinket after Velen's and Aman'Thul's, and MUCH better than the rest of the Antorus trinkets for holy.

This has been updated to account for the error :)

18 minutes ago, Nika said:

Are there any stat caps for mastery and or crit for the holy priests?

Yes there is.

Crit: 36% (38% with Amen'thul's Pantheon legendary)

Mastery: 45%+

Versa: 7-11%

Haste: 0.0% 

Make sure before anything you have above 32% crit, after that you can slowly climb the last 4-6% while getting the Versa and Mastery up.

• Thanks 1

Thanks alot!!

I really appreciate the quick answer, since I am not a big holy fan, but trying it out to see what the fuss is all about, it sure helps to know there is a cap to go for :)

Sign in to follow this