FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

On 12/6/2017 at 11:50 AM, Nika said:

Are there any stat caps for mastery and or crit for the holy priests?

I'd highly recommend using this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IHI02u1RJXsy4LDlMm8x_s3JjVFjeeHm3XWbyvYs-ys/htmlview#

There's no actual evidence of a stat cap. You need a balanced setup of each stat, without a huge priority on another stat. You're likely to sit in 10-20% Haste with standard gear, you can push it higher if the SS tells you to, but you will suffer greatly if you don't know how to play HP properly. You'll burn through mana horrendously fast at 20+%, so it's important to learn to adapt to that should you push higher. Mastery and Crit will climb as far as needed, the SS will balance it for you. Vers is great, but incredibly expensive, hence the low priority.

I'm going to repeat though, there's no evidence of a stat breakpoint or cap for Holy. The spreadsheet from Niphyr (our reviewer) is absolutely brilliant for ranking trinkets and getting stat weights though. It will tell you everything you need to know. Just follow the instructions on the Start Here/Setup page. If you're looking to understand the maths of weights for Holy, you can check out the "Weights" tab, but it won't mean much unless you have a strong understanding of HP in the first place.

I would stress that you should NOT change anything in the maths pages unless you know what you are doing. Just follow the instructions and you're all good :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks Blainie the sheet is helpful to see the weights and ofcourse like you pointed out balance of them :)

17 hours ago, Nika said:

Thanks Blainie the sheet is helpful to see the weights and ofcourse like you pointed out balance of them :)

No problem. The sheet is great, yeah, just need to stick to all those instructions!

• Thanks 1

Guest Destiny

This may have already been answered but I'm seeing some contradictory information about surgeon light between the talent build and rotation information. It says not to take it on the talent build and the rotation talks about being sure to take it. Am I misunderstanding or no? Thank you... I really want to do well in my raiding group and I'm trying really hard to do better.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, Guest Destiny said:

This may have already been answered but I'm seeing some contradictory information about surgeon light between the talent build and rotation information. It says not to take it on the talent build and the rotation talks about being sure to take it. Am I misunderstanding or no? Thank you... I really want to do well in my raiding group and I'm trying really hard to do better.

There is nowhere in the rotation that it tells you to take it - it simply gives advice if you have taken it, for those people that still want to use it despite it being worse than other choices.

I have been testing and tracking my trinkets in our normal and heroic raids.  My DGD is doing twice the healing (6% of total) that SS does (2-3% of total), consistently, even when we are doing fights that require more AoE healing.  My Barbaric Mindslayer does slightly better the SS as well, depending on the fight, but not much better (3-4% of total).  I think the issue, is that SS requires PoH (very mana costly), and only affects people within 15 yards.  Most of the fights I've been in, we are spread out more than that.

Does anyone else have this issue with Sea Star not being as strong as claimed?

On 12/20/2017 at 3:59 AM, Ronaldusmaximus said:

Does anyone else have this issue with Sea Star not being as strong as claimed?

As you said, the trinket depends heavily on PoH usage. It also adds healing based on the fact that it procs your mastery effect, so you can take that into effect too as additional healing when comparing. 

To get the most out of the trinket, you need excellent mana management. If you're ending a fight with too much mana, you're not using the trinket to its full potential, since you're missing potential PoHs to proc.

Happy New Year everyone!

I wanted to ask, is anyone using the Pantheon trinket Eonar's Compassion as holy priest?  Mine is currently at 960ilvl, but I am not sure I will be using it any time soon. I am not even sure I will be using it at 1000ilvl, maybe if I don't get a 960 trinket by that time I might use it. The passive healing it provides is not very high and it tends to heal whenever I don't need it at all. I even made an aura to track when I get the buff to Flash Heals, but I was running so oom I decided it is a waste of monitor space, I decided to cast Flash Heal only when I would normally cast i.e. when  someone is dying not because they have missing health and I have the trinket buff up. The most frustrating thing to me is that I cannot use it anywhere outside of Antorus, it would have been soooooo great for m+!

So am I missing something? Do you guys think it is a good trink?

On 1/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Lianhua said:

It's not the best, but it's still a solid trinket. If you want to rank it against what other trinkets you have, you can use the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IHI02u1RJXsy4LDlMm8x_s3JjVFjeeHm3XWbyvYs-ys/htmlview#

On 1/1/2018 at 8:29 AM, Lianhua said:

Happy New Year everyone!

I wanted to ask, is anyone using the Pantheon trinket Eonar's Compassion as holy priest?  Mine is currently at 960ilvl, but I am not sure I will be using it any time soon. I am not even sure I will be using it at 1000ilvl, maybe if I don't get a 960 trinket by that time I might use it. The passive healing it provides is not very high and it tends to heal whenever I don't need it at all. I even made an aura to track when I get the buff to Flash Heals, but I was running so oom I decided it is a waste of monitor space, I decided to cast Flash Heal only when I would normally cast i.e. when  someone is dying not because they have missing health and I have the trinket buff up. The most frustrating thing to me is that I cannot use it anywhere outside of Antorus, it would have been soooooo great for m+!

I am using Eonar's Compassion as a holy priest.  Mine is 955ilvl, and is one of the stronger healing trinkets I have.  I also just picked up the Highfather's Machination at 930ilvl.  The Highfather's is doing just as much healing as Eonar's, despite the difference in ilvl.  However, I haven't checked what the stat part between the two is adding.  I would figure 3444 intellect is a bit more potent than 1320 mastery is.

I will keep testing in raid different combo's to see how they do.  Seems real world is a bit different than spread sheet calculations.

14 hours ago, Ronaldusmaximus said:

I will keep testing in raid different combo's to see how they do.  Seems real world is a bit different than spread sheet calculations.

Well, realistically: If you're running a 955 Eonar's and a 930 Machination, you can assume the values of each trinket will rise/fall based on item level. While the spreadsheet lists a general EHPS at 69K for Eonar's at 940, it'll likely rise to approximately 80K at 955. Your Machination at 940 runs at approximately 105K EHPS, meaning at 930 we'll probably see a drop to approximately 95K.

The difference between them sits around at 15-20K, give or take a few thousand EHPS. Your difference in main stat, with general weights, will value at around 21K. 

This would mean that the gap between the two trinkets comes to be anywhere from 1-6K EHPS throughput, hence why you see such similar performance between the trinkets. If you run your own character through the spreadsheet and get exact numbers, I'm sure you'll see a similar result.

Guest Myste

Am I being blind or is there absolutely no data on the Insignia of the Grand Army ring? No one on H2P, IV or WoWhead gear guide seem to mention it whatsoever in regards to where it stands. 

On 1/21/2018 at 8:30 PM, Guest Myste said:

Am I being blind or is there absolutely no data on the Insignia of the Grand Army ring? No one on H2P, IV or WoWhead gear guide seem to mention it whatsoever in regards to where it stands. 

It's because the level of variation on this legendary makes it impossible to properly rank. There are 12 options that could appear in tier 2, with each one having 11 other traits it could be paired with. On top of that, you have 3 relics that all have different trait combinations. It's a ring that should just be simmed with RaidBots rather than added to a ranking.

I'm currently using a combination of ElvUI and HealBot, but I've been hearing a lot about Cliques recently... is it highly recommended that I change from HealBot to Cliques or is it simply a taste / preference thing?

I guess what I'm asking is are there any clear benefits from changing to Cliques that I can't get from HealBot?

On 2/6/2018 at 1:47 AM, BHydden said:

I guess what I'm asking is are there any clear benefits from changing to Cliques that I can't get from HealBot?

I can't think of anything game-changing that one can do that the other can't. It's just preference and setup.

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.

Sign in to follow this