FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Holy Priest 7.3

Guest Accattone

Guide says both that Trail of Light is the best choice, and that it's not competitive. Very confusing...

Guest Jesper Christensen

For tier 1 talents the section ends with: "Trail of Light Icon Trail of Light is not currently competitive.", although its being praised as default choice further up

Whats the correct verdict?

Guest Aieoshekai
On 7/27/2016 at 11:21 PM, Pandacho said:

I'm not sure what do you mean. Prayer of Healing heals 5 injured targets within 20 yards of the initial target so the answer in any circumstances would be 6 injured targets. It's pretty much impossible to track which ones specifically (if there are more than 5 injured allies around).

Or do you mean this option to check how many targets are in specific range:  Use [nearbyplayers:8], :10, or :20  for how many yards you want to know how many people are there.

I wasn't the one who asked, but I think I can clarify (or at least ask my own related question).  When you cast a targeted heal, it shows a sort of shadow on the target's health bar representing the predicted effectiveness of the incoming heal.  Beforw pre-patch, when PoH was targeted on the target's party, the incoming heal used to display on all of the party members who would benefit from it.  That is no longer the case.  Is there a way to view an incoming PoH heal on each specific raid member, so that the casting priest can plan ahead for who will/will not need additional healing when the PoH cast is completed?

On 8/3/2016 at 9:26 AM, Vlad said:

Hey guys, as I posted in the Disc thread, I'll be revising this and the Disc guide shortly, which should significantly improve things. I'll keep you up to date :)

Hey, thanks for working so hard to keep all this relevant.  These are some of the best guides I've found, particularly because the core writers and mods are continuously discussing and sharing new perspectives as they develop, and I really appreciate that.

When you do update the holy/disc guides, could you please include sections in the intro for strengths/weaknesses/viability similar to those sections included in other guides (for example, unholy DK and enhancement shaman guides)?  

On a related note, what I'm most interested in right now is how priest heals will stack up relative to other healers in Legion in both raiding and 5-man progression content.  As a holy priest, I've always felt competent and powerful and in control regardless of the situation.  With the recent changes, I feel slightly inadequate almost every time things get messy.  I just don't have the power I need when I need it.  I'm looking at the priest artifact, and it looks like a bunch of weak buffs to irrelevant spells (like renew) and RNG procs that don't seem to give us any additional control to move health bars when we really need them to move, or at least do something about our mana problems.  I realize the current guides are for the pre-patch, and that you try to discuss each class objectively when you post, but it would really help me if I could get a general sense of who's going to be "weaker" or "stronger" relative to one another, before I invest so much time leveling and subsequently fleshing out an artifact.

Thanks again for your awesome contributions to this forum!

Cheers,

Aieo

4 hours ago, Guest Aieoshekai said:

I wasn't the one who asked, but I think I can clarify (or at least ask my own related question).  When you cast a targeted heal, it shows a sort of shadow on the target's health bar representing the predicted effectiveness of the incoming heal.  Beforw pre-patch, when PoH was targeted on the target's party, the incoming heal used to display on all of the party members who would benefit from it.  That is no longer the case.  Is there a way to view an incoming PoH heal on each specific raid member, so that the casting priest can plan ahead for who will/will not need additional healing when the PoH cast is completed?

I see now what you mean...

Well, the first question is what raid/healing frames are you using because showing incoming heals would depend on it. You have 'show incoming heals' option in the standard Blizz raid interface - I don't know whether it works for prediction too or only for something being in the process of cast. I personally use VuhDo and their prediction and incoming heal estimation doesn't work. I believe Grid has some tool like this too.

Anyways, I never use this option - used it once when only started to heal in Cata and early MoP but found out that rearranging groups in the raid frames to tanks->melee->ranged->healers (they all normally take different amount / kind of damage) and using my own eyes and experience provides much better results than relying on an addon for making predictions.

Guest Cimegs5088

I'm a lil confused.

It says Trail of Light is the best in tier one, then at the last line it says it's not currently competitive. 

Please advise.

On 8/5/2016 at 9:32 PM, Guest Accattone said:

Guide says both that Trail of Light is the best choice, and that it's not competitive. Very confusing...

On 8/6/2016 at 10:31 PM, Guest Jesper Christensen said:

For tier 1 talents the section ends with: "Trail of Light Icon Trail of Light is not currently competitive.", although its being praised as default choice further up

Whats the correct verdict?

On 8/12/2016 at 8:00 AM, Guest Cimegs5088 said:

I'm a lil confused.

It says Trail of Light is the best in tier one, then at the last line it says it's not currently competitive. 

Please advise.

I may be wrong but as far as I understand, the first statement "Trail of Light is probably the best choice in this tier for raid content and certainly the best choice for dungeon content." is correct.

Since Trail of Light can crit independently of Flash Heal itself, taking Trail of Light will produce a higher up-time of Blessing of T'uure (in Legion).

Taking this talent you move to Flash Heal as a filler instead of Renew.

It looks right to me for 7.0 too (healing both tanks in raid) but I didn't play Holy in pre-patch so sorry if I do mistaking. 

Guest Miguel

In the discussion of tier 1 talents, "Flash of Light" (a pally ability) is mistakenly used instead of "Flash Heal".

Guest Friendlyrestodru

Figured I'd point out that in the guide the first tier of talents recommends a talent and then at the bottom of that section states that the same talent isn't competitive. 

Guest Circle of healing

So I was on my priest and referencing your info I fixed my Holy talents. Now you keep referencing circle of healing, but this spell is no longer part of the holy priests spells. I looked up all the spells each spec gets, and it looks like it was totally removed. Am I just lossing it, or is this correct?

49 minutes ago, Guest Circle of healing said:

So I was on my priest and referencing your info I fixed my Holy talents. Now you keep referencing circle of healing, but this spell is no longer part of the holy priests spells. I looked up all the spells each spec gets, and it looks like it was totally removed. Am I just lossing it, or is this correct?

Circle of Healing is a talent in Tier 7.

Guest Brothergrey

To the author of the Holy Priest Healing gear Legendary/BiS page: (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-priest-pve-healing-gear-legendaries-best-in-slot)

In section 2 you make reference of all the classes that would be competing for trinkets. I found a typo there that I wish to point out- Healing Pally is referred as Disc and not Holy. I just wished to point that out to those of you here at Icy Veins.

TY for your time.

Grey

4 hours ago, Guest Brothergrey said:

To the author of the Holy Priest Healing gear Legendary/BiS page: (https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-priest-pve-healing-gear-legendaries-best-in-slot)

In section 2 you make reference of all the classes that would be competing for trinkets. I found a typo there that I wish to point out- Healing Pally is referred as Disc and not Holy. I just wished to point that out to those of you here at Icy Veins.

TY for your time.

Grey

Fixed! Thanks for the report :)

Guest KitKat

Hi, in the Tier 1 - Level 15 talent choice, you have written Flash of Light, which is a Pally spec.  Is this an error and you meant Flash Heal, which is a Priest spell, or does the Trail of Light talent actually have an effect on the Pally's spell?  I'm thinking it's an error because it would be so hard to coordinate using this talent with a Pally spell.  It would also be very hard to ensure a Pally was in your raid/dungeon group to be able to utilize the Trail of Light talent with their Flash of Light spell.

Guest NotApally

You have listed flash of light on the enduring renewal explanations. Unfortunately this is a pally spell. Not a priest spell.

Thanks,

Concerning FoL/FH, it is just a typo. We'll get that updated! Thanks for pointing it out guys!

Guest Popsmoke

There are some updates that need to be made with the talent tree here. One is you will need binding heal as a raiding priest. Mathematically it makes the most sense and is the most effective heal for less than 5 people. Other than that I think this is a fantastically well thought out article! 

Guest Red

Any idea for the stat weights for holy priest the only numbers i have seen floating around are from askmrrobot and noxxic. Im pretty sure askmrrobot is wrong atm (not updated most likely) and for some reason i dont trust noxxic.

Guest Biosyn - Illidan

In regards to the BiS list - I am aware that Mastery and Crit are our two most valuable stats for Holy Priests. With that being said, why so many pieces with crit/haste or mastery/haste? I even saw one with versatility on it, which seemed very odd as that is supposed to be our lowest priority stat. Is that just a list of gear from emerald nightmare and since nothing in that instance could be both mastery and crit it has been replaced with a crit/haste or mastery/haste item? Currently im 850 ilvl with all crit/mastery gear and my stats are 25% crit and 50% mastery. I did some tweaking to look at a few things and replaced a few pieces, 3 i believe, with haste pieces. The base cast time of Heal is 2.5 seconds. With 1.5k haste i dropped to 22% crit and 47% mastery. In return i got Heal down to a not so staggering 2.39 seconds. I cannot justify the loss of the other stats to get .11 seconds off the cast time of heal. Any thoughts on this?

15 hours ago, Guest Biosyn - Illidan said:

In regards to the BiS list - I am aware that Mastery and Crit are our two most valuable stats for Holy Priests. With that being said, why so many pieces with crit/haste or mastery/haste? I even saw one with versatility on it, which seemed very odd as that is supposed to be our lowest priority stat. Is that just a list of gear from emerald nightmare and since nothing in that instance could be both mastery and crit it has been replaced with a crit/haste or mastery/haste item? Currently im 850 ilvl with all crit/mastery gear and my stats are 25% crit and 50% mastery. I did some tweaking to look at a few things and replaced a few pieces, 3 i believe, with haste pieces. The base cast time of Heal is 2.5 seconds. With 1.5k haste i dropped to 22% crit and 47% mastery. In return i got Heal down to a not so staggering 2.39 seconds. I cannot justify the loss of the other stats to get .11 seconds off the cast time of heal. Any thoughts on this?

I'm no expert, though if I could offer a comment, it seems like you might be undervaluing haste by only looking at the cast time of one of your slowest heals.  I don't know if haste is ever metrically worth taking over crit/mastery, but personally I really enjoy the shorter GCD afforded with higher haste.  When things get really messy, especially in dungeon content, I'm quite often GCD locked and wishing I could chain my instant casts together faster (especially considering the clutch nature of light of the tuure, guardian spirit, surge of light, and HWSerenity). 

At the same time, we really only spam Heal during periods of light damage.  That's when decreased cast time is the least beneficial.  When things get hairy, that's when we resort to flash and our kit of instant casts, so for practical purposes it seems like the GCD reduction, as well as the CD reduction on HWSanctify, are far more beneficial than shortened cast times on Heal and Flash Heal.

It's going to depend on your playstyle and the situation you're healing in (raid vs. mythic dungeons), but I think there's a base/minimum amount of Haste that you should go for for before prioritizing the other stats.  Not sure what that base should be, but I have around 15% haste and it feels a hell of a lot better than 8% felt.

Guest Holybot

Since Mastery and Crit are best stat for Holy Priest should I get gear only with those stats or mix it up a little? Currently I have full crafted 850 ilvl gear with just those 2 stats. Am I missing for exmaple on haste?

Does anyone know how Guardian Spirit and the Blood DK talent, Purgatory, interact with each other? i.e. is there a clash of spell types, or does the Purgatory effect trigger and then the Guardian Spirit heal the DK for 40%, thus removing the Purgatory de-buff? 

Cheers :)

I had a question about the holy priest stat priority, listed as mastery > crit. Once you get your artifact high enough to gain the Blessing of T'uureBlessing of T'uure trait - does crit become more important than mastery?

At ilvl 843, I have 40% mastery, but only 16% crit. That seems like very little when trying to take advantage of Blessing of T'uureBlessing of T'uure .

On 13.9.2016 at 7:26 PM, Guest Holybot said:

Since Mastery and Crit are best stat for Holy Priest should I get gear only with those stats or mix it up a little? Currently I have full crafted 850 ilvl gear with just those 2 stats. Am I missing for exmaple on haste?

That's fine.

Sign in to follow this