Zadina

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: An Ancient Recipe

9 posts in this topic

dVi1p6H.jpg

The 97th Tavern Brawl is called 'An Ancient Recipe' and it offers players the chance to try out Journey to Un'Goro decks.

The rules of this Brawl are simple: you choose a hero and you get a premade deck with the Un'Goro deck recipe for that class. The deck archetypes are the following and we even have guides for most of them:

All deck recipes have pretty good winning chances. This is a nice chance to play with cards you don't own and get to know the new Hearthstone expansion better.

3 people like this

Quest paladin sucks. Enjoyed playing quest warrior for free though to see if it's worth crafting.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Laragon said:

Enjoyed playing quest warrior for free though to see if it's worth crafting.

And what was your conclusion?

5 hours ago, Zadina said:
  • All deck recipes have pretty good winning chances. 

Thanks for the hearty laugh, I needed that.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Yridaa said:

And what was your conclusion?

Rogue and other tempo can still crush it too hard. It's CRAZY fun shooting 8 damage fireballs, but just too slow because taunt can be worked around. Especially since all their taunt minions are low damage. Fire balls are only useful against other slow or single minion heavy decks, and most decks have some aspect of zoo now.

I think priest has more promise than I gave it credit. You can make it a "quest kazak raza the chained nzoth" deck and stack to 40 health and be pretty successful against aggro even. Amazing value and good early death rattles make it work.

Rogue and druid are still the scariest if they work. Quest wise anyways.

14 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Thanks for the hearty laugh, I needed that.

Well, opinions differ. I saw people claiming they tried all 9 deck recipes and won on their first try, so it's a matter of luck (as 90% of these Tavern Brawls are) and preferences.

Personally, I had great success with Paladin and Priest and I really enjoyed playing the latter. However, I can see why these two quest decks can have drawbacks and aren't very popular.

I won mine with the Paladin and it wasn't that bad. I do see why it isn't favored though. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:22 PM, Laragon said:

I think priest has more promise than I gave it credit. You can make it a "quest kazak raza the chained nzoth" deck and stack to 40 health and be pretty successful against aggro even. Amazing value and good early death rattles make it work.

Rogue and druid are still the scariest if they work. Quest wise anyways.

Funnily enough, Priest is played just like a Reno-N'zoth deck. Yeah, Maiden is nice, but when you slam down that N'zoth... It's insane how difficult it can be to deal with. I absolutely love the Priest deck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

Some exciting card pack changes are coming with the next Hearthstone expansion.
      With the release of the next Hearthstone expansion, but still applying to ALL packs, you won't be able to get the same legendary card from a card pack. This applies to crafted legendaries, as well: if you have crafted a legendary card, for example Tirion Fordring, he won't drop for you if you open a Classic pack.
      Moreover, beginning with the release of the next expansion, you’re also guaranteed to get a Legendary within your first 10 packs of a new set.
      Watch Ben Brode announce this amazing piece of news in his usual excited tone. I mean, what is there not to be excited about?
      Lastly, a special promotion is coming soon in the Store. The bundle prices will stay the same, but the number of the packs you will be able to get will be increased. The dates for the promotion haven't been announced yet,

• By Zadina

The second phase of Hearthstone Global Games begins with a new round robin group stage.
      The 24 countries, that successfully made it into this stage, were reassigned in six different groups. Each group contains four teams that will battle against each other in a round robin.
      The groups are:

The format remains the same as stage 1:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Each team is comprised of four members. Teams will need to bring one deck for each of the nine Hearthstone classes, with two assigned to each member and one reserved as an "Ace Deck".
      Matches will be played in a best-of-five format, with the first team to win three games taking victory. Competitors can only play one game per match, and the order in which they battle must be decided before the match begins. However, players will be allowed to choose between either of the two decks assigned to them when it’s time for their game.
      Should a match reach game five, the designated "Ace Players" from each team will face off using either their unused deck or the unassigned "Ace Deck". (source)
      The top two teams from each group, and the four highest 3rd place teams based on tie-breakers points will advance to Phase 3.
      Tuesday games have concluded. You can find the results in the spoiler tag:
      Tomorrow's schedule is:
      16:00 CEST / 10:00 EDT
      Netherlands v Philippines Czech Republic v Israel Greece v Peru USA v Belgium Canada v Mexico You can find more info on the event, the casters and a recap of phase 1 here. Don't forget that you can watch all the games on the official Hearthstone Twitch channel.
    • By Zadina

A thread called 'Why was Old Murk-Eye removed as a collection reward?' rose to the front page of r/hearthstone yesterday and Ben Brode dropped by to share some insight on promo cards that have rotated out of Standard.
      More than a year ago, when Standard and Wild were introduced to Hearthstone, Team 5 decided it was time to bid farewell to the following promo cards: Captain's Parrot, Old Murk-Eye, Elite Tauren Chieftain and Gelbin Mekkatorque. Yesterday, a Reddit user was wondering why these cards (and specifically the legendary Murloc one) weren't available anymore, while other users wanted to know why the team decided to keep these cards in Wild only.
      Enter Hearthstone's Game Director Ben Brode, who answered to the original poster first. Ben repeated the team's statement from a year ago that Old Murk-Eye was removed because Charge minions have proved historically (and especially in 2016) problematic. He also explained that they removed the card as as a reward, because they wanted players to focus on acquiring Basic, Classic and Standard sets first and leave Wild last. Additionally, Ben characterised the whole concept of "promo" cards complex - which is quite a peculiar statement. Ultimately, if the team wanted to give away a free Legendary, they wouldn't give this one.
      Ben Brode
      Hey there!
      We had to make a call on "promo" cards: Should they be Standard forever? Or Wild?
      I think it could have gone either way, but the opportunity to remove another Charge minion in Standard (Charge has been the cause of a lot of balance issues, historically), was hard to pass up. We also stopped Captain's Parrot from showing up in "random Beast" drops in Standard.
      At the end of the day, we felt like Standard would be more fun without those cards. Maybe we should have just nerfed Murk Eye to remove Charge instead, but I actually like that it exists in Wild.
      We removed it as a reward because we didn't want players to randomly unlock Wild before our yearly rotation, or before they initiated the unlock themselves by crafting a Wild card. Ideally new players move through the cards in this order: Basic > Classic > Standard-Legal > Wild.
      In game design, you can eventually get players to very high levels of complexity, but starting with the most complex thing can turn new players off. We call it the "complexity curve", start with the basics, then layer in complexity. It's why you take Algebra before Calculus, and not the other way around. It's also one of the reasons why new players don't start with everything unlocked.
      In some of the comments here I think players see it as a lost opportunity for a free Legendary. If we want to give out some other free Legendary (and that might be a good idea), I don't think doing it for this specific card (Charge, unlock Wild) is the right solution. (source)
      Several people pressured Brode on that last issue: for example, one user stated that Old Murk-Eye could be given as a reward when a player crafts his/her first Wild card. However, Ben responded to all of them multiple times that he didn't think this was the ideal legendary to give to players for free (1, 2 and 3).
      Ben explained his comment that "promo" cards can seem complex to new players, by saying that: "The more concepts we introduce, the more you have to learn, the more work it is" (source). When asked if the Hearthstone team planned to make more "promo" cards, Brode expressed his uncertainty on the issue.
      Lastly, Patches the Pirate managed to sneak in (or more properly, charge into) this discussion. When somebody commented that Patches was printed even after the team acknowledged that Charge minions are problematic, Ben Brode answered:
      Ben Brode
      At least Patches will someday rotate. We can get an ebb and flow to Standard this way. Classic cards are the baseline, and some of them are great to have around forever. We'll add more Charge minions, I'm sure. But doing it in rotating sets gives us a lot more control. (source)
    • By Stan

Return of the Lich King was trademarked by Blizzard a while ago and redditor PenguinJ2 posted some solid pointers as to why it could be the next Hearthstone expansion.
      Return of the Lich King won't be a World of Warcraft expansion. We all know where WoW's heading after Legion's defeated and N'zoth breaks free from his prison ReturnoftheLichKing.com was registered as soon as the title got trademarked four months ago Last two card backs were places Arthas visited in order (Source) The promotional Year of the Mammoth (image above) has Death Knight runes Hearthpwn datamined an Icecrown image Some redditors claim it's possible Blizzard's working on a Warcraft IV title now that the Starcraft II trilogy is finished and next year it's 15 years since W3's Frozen Throne came out (Source)
    • By Starym

Blizzard have compiled the top EU Ranked players in Hearthstone for Standard, Wild and Arena in May. We rounded out the tables to the top 64 in each discipline, but the full article goes to 200, so if you want the full info, check it out. As a reminder, these do not take into account outside tournaments and events, just the ladder in the game itself. You can also check out the US list here.
      May, EU (source)
      The results for Hearthstone Ranked Standard, Wild, and Arena play in May are in!
      These players have employed top notch deck building skills, in-the-moment decision making, and unyielding dedication to achieve a most noteworthy feat.
      Pour a toast, pull up a chair, and join us in recognizing Hearthstone’s top Ranked Standard*, Wild**, and Arena*** players in EU region!

Standard
      Rank Battle Tag 1 peer263 2 Fenomeno 3 Knuckels 4 MrLovalova 5 ntR 6 Londgrem 7 Twink 8 Ostkaka 9 Yogg 10 Scruffy 11 Krystek 12 Ronnie 13 SkaiWalkurrr 14 Loyan 15 TurboMeow 16 tholwmenos 17 Xzirez 18 BestUdyrEu 19 Kalàxz 20 Un33D 21 Zuka 22 Maur1 23 Moyen 24 Senfglas 25 Sevel 26 Tuttek 27 tidsskrift 28 Wichmaster 29 proxy 30 Wylrie 31 Melon 32 Kolento 33 AKAWonder 34 Vinnyx 35 Vardu 36 TheViper94 37 martim 38 rotdamp 39 thyex 40 Sires 41 Rase 42 underscore 43 Syselobecny 44 Dethelor 45 volund 46 Swaggermeist 47 Tomas 48 Snoodyboo 49 Theo 50 xParkz 51 farm4fame 52 Birmill 53 MorGalad 54 BeUndead 55 Bozzzton 56 Wilderhammer 57 TicTac 58 Vibrah 59 DenimBlue7 60 Chachaboizz 61 ЯркийМолот 62 hunterace 63 alieneys 64 Legendaren Wild
      Rank Battle Tag 1 Romanno 2 BadLuck 3 Lothar 4 Oinor 5 GeneraL 6 Seica 7 gottagofarm 8 fearsyndrome 9 Ladyartema 10 unwi2 11 zypab 12 Jackoman91 13 MyWayToPlay 14 FuBar 15 Lennistar 16 NikLaus 17 Uberer 18 Fenomeno 19 hueuebi 20 Soomie 21 Mastercapxe 22 Romeus 23 Dajmond 24 Chinoize 25 LuckerOK 26 Roarr 27 Alb987 28 ZerO 29 Sjoesie 30 Nerubim 31 Gusonaj 32 Jekpack 33 Mitsuhide 34 sipiwi94 35 alexMM 36 Sanity 37 dada1 38 wiRer 39 jwells19 40 oOtOote 41 Darkology 42 Gregoriusil 43 XennFoo 44 Allusion1st 45 Lektron 46 sprite974 47 Bertík 48 mEtRo 49 berserkci 50 Senfglas 51 cobra 52 sjow 53 Orkanis 54 JáraVyskočil 55 Elvi 56 MitchMachine 57 Petrys 58 OMjuwax 59 Yaraki 60 Искатель 61 Synachriss 62 FibEli3 63 TonyBanger 64 Bobby Arena
      Rank Battle Tag Average Wins 1 ripulipaska 9.00 2 Macko 8.40 3 gigoo 8.30 4 Sharpick 8.27 5 ThegreatDLP 8.23 6 lugge 8.20 7 Budilicious 8.17 8 GameofThrows 8.13 9 Olliewollie 8.13 10 ntR 8.13 11 StrikeReaper 8.07 12 Jazex 8.03 13 Sorren 8.03 14 Ezyoo 8.03 15 GrUnT 8.00 16 Hawwer 7.97 17 InsanityCat 7.97 18 Shadybunny 7.93 19 Garidez 7.90 20 Oke 7.90 21 oroff 7.87 22 LastViking 7.83 23 YaroKap 7.83 24 bek0n 7.83 25 Konstantin 7.80 26 Palzau 7.80 27 Dethearoc 7.80 28 xEMiiCAL 7.80 29 MxMxM 7.80 30 Hetfield 7.80 31 Epis 7.80 32 Dsorrow 7.80 33 Darkarim 7.80 34 Telash 7.77 35 ftt 7.77 36 solidsnackke 7.77 37 Eddy 7.73 38 MeowBoZi 7.73 39 Oguuu 7.73 40 SnailFighter 7.70 41 UserName 7.70 42 Sebache 7.70 43 Hêyy 7.70 44 Zeru 7.70 45 TheodoreB 7.70 46 MeowOOXX 7.70 47 Zeubyz 7.70 48 Charwes 7.70 49 JimnUk3 7.70 50 Komodo 7.67 51 Cooldown 7.67 52 DjDeon 7.67 53 DsLoveCY 7.67 54 Jens 7.63 55 MegaBug 7.63 56 LegendHero 7.63 57 Olimpico 7.63 58 MeowMouse 7.63 59 Luke 7.60 60 icecream 7.60 61 Alpha 7.60 62 SoraAoi 7.57 63 mesag 7.57 64 Seacred 7.57