Elodar

Looking for Pointers for Improving

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hey Gang, would you mind looking at my logs and let me know where I can improve my rotation as an assassination rogue.  I notice that all of my best logs have a significant amount of Poison Bomb and I don't like praying to RNJesus.  I am hoping there are some things I can do to hit top dps.  

Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/simple.  I know my Mastery is low but lately I have had crap luck on drops.  One of the options I have to bring up my Mastery is to drop Insignia of Ravenholdt +Well Flattened Wristguards and change to Denial of Half Giants + an 890 Spellblades Gemmed Signet but Denial is a sub rogue legendary.  This brings my agility to 34248, mastery to 137%, and my crit to 28%.  I tried running this combo with the higher mastery and did not feel like I was doing more dps even though the Sims say I should.  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dF3qCynDbvGrVAh6#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=186  This is one of my better logs where I think I did most thing correct.  Please look at this and let me know if there is something I am missing.

16 hours ago, Elodar said:

Hey Gang, would you mind looking at my logs and let me know where I can improve my rotation as an assassination rogue.  I notice that all of my best logs have a significant amount of Poison Bomb and I don't like praying to RNJesus.  I am hoping there are some things I can do to hit top dps.  

Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/simple.  I know my Mastery is low but lately I have had crap luck on drops.  One of the options I have to bring up my Mastery is to drop Insignia of Ravenholdt +Well Flattened Wristguards and change to Denial of Half Giants + an 890 Spellblades Gemmed Signet but Denial is a sub rogue legendary.  This brings my agility to 34248, mastery to 137%, and my crit to 28%.  I tried running this combo with the higher mastery and did not feel like I was doing more dps even though the Sims say I should.  

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dF3qCynDbvGrVAh6#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=186  This is one of my better logs where I think I did most thing correct.  Please look at this and let me know if there is something I am missing.

Don't have time to go through the logs much, but it looks like your Bleed uptimes could be improved. I can go more in depth later.

You should really look into ways to drop Haste. Swap some set pieces around to try and drop the gloves (seriously they're awful), run some M+ to get a replacement piece for them. Your ring and wrists both have a lot of Haste as well, which you should drop for other, better stats. M+ is your friend, look for specific items and farm those runs

Lol, I hate this game.  I have been running mythics and everything I get has haste on it.  I also had 4 seals and used them on heroic Elisand, Guldan, Tich, and Star and all I got was AP and a haste back.  Then I had a legendary drop and it was Valeera's pants and I don't think that is better than the legendary boots and ring I am using.  My luck has definitely gone downhill for the last month.

On ‎28‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 9:28 PM, Elodar said:

Lol, I hate this game.  I have been running mythics and everything I get has haste on it.  I also had 4 seals and used them on heroic Elisand, Guldan, Tich, and Star and all I got was AP and a haste back.  Then I had a legendary drop and it was Valeera's pants and I don't think that is better than the legendary boots and ring I am using.  My luck has definitely gone downhill for the last month.

On the bright side you wont get them on your next legendary drop :) I just got my 9th legendary drop and it's still not the shoulders :')

All you've got to do is try again next reset and hope for some better drops, or farm even more m+

On 2017-4-28 at 8:28 PM, Elodar said:

Basically this. Gotta push more - the advantage to actively seeking BiS gear through M+ spam and the like is that you boost your chances of getting a legendary by a massive amount

Alright, I ran some mythics and changed my gear.  Through simming I found my best legendary combo is Dustwalker's and Denial the Sub bracers.  Here is my current build.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/advanced

Here is a log from my last Star fight.  I feel like I did pretty well on this one.  Can you look at these logs and see if there is much I can work on?  Also, I believe I am doing the standard opener but I am not sure if this is optimal.  I see some other rogues get off to a much higher start than I do.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tW7gYN36KnjMFbQT#fight=34&type=damage-done&source=18

Thank you

On 2017-5-5 at 9:06 PM, Elodar said:

Alright, I ran some mythics and changed my gear.  Through simming I found my best legendary combo is Dustwalker's and Denial the Sub bracers.  Here is my current build.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elodar/advanced

Here is a log from my last Star fight.  I feel like I did pretty well on this one.  Can you look at these logs and see if there is much I can work on?  Also, I believe I am doing the standard opener but I am not sure if this is optimal.  I see some other rogues get off to a much higher start than I do.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tW7gYN36KnjMFbQT#fight=34&type=damage-done&source=18

Thank you

When running with CoF and the boots, you can realistically expect a 50% uptime on Vendetta, so I think you probably aren't using it on cooldown in some cases

That said, most peoples' openers which spike really high are going to have the legendary shoulders, which gives a HUGE burst out of stealth. You can run some more M+ to boost your chances of being able to use a piece that isn't the legs.

You'll also want to have a look at your stats, and try to ditch some Haste in favour of getting more Mastery and Crit, it'll probably help you a bunch.

Work on getting your bleed uptimes higher as well, although they aren't terrible there's still room for improvement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this