Starym

Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl Brings Big Prizes

20 posts in this topic

WCvSfVY.jpg

This week's Tavern Brawl is something quite special, as we get a mix of Arena, Wild and very impressive prizes! Heralded as a serious test for even the most experienced players, the Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl has a prize pool of up to 50 packs, over 1000 gold and dust, as well as three legendaries for each player, if they can get all 12 wins! Check out the details below and then start practicing your deck before you actually enter, as it will cost you 1000 gold or 9,99$.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (source)

Ready to test yourself against Hearthstone’s best in the fiercest competitive Tavern Brawl experience available? If you think you’re up to the challenge, get your deck ready and prepare for an expedition into the wilds of Hearthstone, because the first ever Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl begins this week!

79C1M3XMY0L31401477381292.png

Heroic Brawls

Heroic Brawls test even Hearthstone’s most experienced players as they vie for glory and in-game rewards! In the upcoming brawl, challengers will create a Wild deck using any cards from their existing collection and lock it in before their first Heroic Brawl match. No changes can be made to a Heroic Brawl deck once it’s locked in, so be sure to test your creations before you finalize your deck!

Once you’ve locked in your Wild deck, you’ll face off against fellow Heroic Brawlers on your quest for victory. Just like in the Arena, you want to shoot for 12 wins to get the best rewards—but if you suffer three losses, you’re out!

HeroicBrawl_UNG_HS_Lightbox_LW_500x271.jpg

For Hearthstone’s best brawlers, 50 Journey to Un’Goro card packs, a heap of Gold, piles of Arcane Dust, and three golden Legendaries are waiting at the end of the 12-win road. The more games you win, the better the rewards—but the opposite is also true, so be sure you’re ready for the challenge. Are you ready to take on the best and brightest of competitive Hearthstone?

Heroic Brawl is not for the faint of heart, and is a unique experience meant for extremely competitive and experienced Hearthstone players.

Heroic Brawl lasts for only one normal Tavern Brawl week and has an entry fee of $9.99 USD or 1000 gold. You can participate in Heroic Brawl for a limited amount of completed runs. As mentioned above, Heroic Brawl rewards scale depending on how many wins you get, so be sure to do your best each run!

Watch the Action

Not quite ready to step into the ring? If prior Heroic Brawls are any indication, your favorite pro players and streamers will be joining the Heroic Brawl and you can watch them battle it out live on stream. The decks they’ll be playing during the Wild Heroic Brawl are sure to be impressive, so be sure to catch the action on Twitch.tv!

Our normal Tavern Brawl schedule will resume after the conclusion of the Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl week.

Wild Heroic Tavern Brawl arrives this week, so prepare your Wild decks now! 

AYRLNZFG7ZCY1401477381322.png

Yep, again... but even worse since it's wild. You have to have ALL the cards, not just a current meta deck. Not to mention a random stock-pile of 1000 gold less than a month after the release of an expansion. At the rough daily average of 70 gold per day (60 quest average+ 10 for the 3 games likely required for that quest), you would only have made +/-1440 since release of Un'goro. This is PURELY for paid players, the other heroic brawls were at least possible for free to play since they were at the end of an expansion and you might have given up on buying packs hoping to build a meta relevant deck.

1 hour ago, Laragon said:

...You have to have ALL the cards, not just a current meta deck...

If you didn't smartly disenchant every even a bit more valuable card thats lost into the wild abyss then you probably have all the cards you would need by now. I agree with the rest tho

These brawls are such rip offs lol i am lucky to win 12 times in a week against seasoned players let alone 12 in a row, and even tho the reward would be huge and worth it alot of what you would get could probably be earned though a few weeks of regular free play anyway so .

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

I have yet to participate in one of these types of Brawls. Still not sure if I want to drop the money or gold it but what I will do is upload some videos, if I find any good ones, of some of the Pros playing so the other unsure players can see what they would be walking into. 

Personally strongly dislike Heroic Brawls, as with such a small sample size of games in the Brawl and such polarized matchups with the best Hearthstone decks there is a strong chance to get absolutely cucked if you only do one or two runs. Also wild is even worse, testing the limits of wallets of dedicated players and being completely unfair to newer players (I'm not one of them tho gladly) who possibly never even had a chance to own any of those wild Legendaries and would need to craft them just for this already very expensive occasion. Blizzard seems to be running out of creativity with recycling old Brawls or just repainting some old Brawls to a new theme like they did with this one.

One upside tho, as this Gold stealing campaign will probably indicate that we are getting a new expansion in the near future so I don't have to play in this midrange murloc Paladin meta for much longer.

As usual I won't be joining in on the brawling fun myself but it should be good watching the pros give this a shot and see what decks I can steal off them.

1 hour ago, BrightwingMain said:

this Gold stealing campaign will probably indicate that we are getting a new expansion in the near future.

Blizzard announced they planned to release three expansions in 2017, so the next one should hit July-August.

• Like 1

When I first read it, I figured I would spend $10 to participate.  

Then, I noticed that these were Wild decks.  Well then!  Considering I started playing on March 30th and have only opened perhaps 60 packs total, missing a bunch of useful rares in both Classic and Un'Goro (forget epics and legendaries, and forget Mean Streets and Whisper of the Old Gods!), this simply isn't viable.  

While I usually defend Blizzard and appreciate how much more generous they are than almost every other CCG with packs and cards, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  

It's a classic "the rich get richer" competition.  And forget my situation; if you weren't around since at least early 2015, possibly even 2014, you don't have a chance here.  Doesn't matter if you average 7+ wins in Arena and achieve Legend consistently and easily in Constructed.  

So yeah, those are some tremendous prizes...for those that don't need them much, anyways.  

There's no denying Heroic Brawls favour players who have been around a while over newer players, doubly so for Wild decks! But saying that, some of the strongest decks to date has come out of the current expansion so even newer players should still have a fighting chance of getting some kills - if it wasn't for the 1000g price tag..

2 hours ago, FinalSlayer said:

When I first read it, I figured I would spend $10 to participate.  

Then, I noticed that these were Wild decks.  Well then!  Considering I started playing on March 30th and have only opened perhaps 60 packs total, missing a bunch of useful rares in both Classic and Un'Goro (forget epics and legendaries, and forget Mean Streets and Whisper of the Old Gods!), this simply isn't viable.  

While I usually defend Blizzard and appreciate how much more generous they are than almost every other CCG with packs and cards, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  

It's a classic "the rich get richer" competition.  And forget my situation; if you weren't around since at least early 2015, possibly even 2014, you don't have a chance here.  Doesn't matter if you average 7+ wins in Arena and achieve Legend consistently and easily in Constructed.  

So yeah, those are some tremendous prizes...for those that don't need them much, anyways.  

It's more 'the rich get poorer' to be honest. Most casual players steer clear of this due to the entry cost. So the standard is pretty high. I fit into your category of achieving Legend consistently, and average between 3-4 in these which doesn't come close to covering costs. Unless you're capable of very high Legend finishes you're not going to make a profit on these (unless you happen to get a lucky run to 12).

Thats not to say it isn't a fun challenge if you have the gold to spare though. And with this one, people who know the wild meta will have a good advantage over the rest so if you regularly play wild it might be worth a shot.

Edited by Bozonik

6 hours ago, Bozonik said:

It's more 'the rich get poorer' to be honest. Most casual players steer clear of this due to the entry cost. So the standard is pretty high. I fit into your category of achieving Legend consistently, and average between 3-4 in these which doesn't come close to covering costs. Unless you're capable of very high Legend finishes you're not going to make a profit on these (unless you happen to get a lucky run to 12).

Thats not to say it isn't a fun challenge if you have the gold to spare though. And with this one, people who know the wild meta will have a good advantage over the rest so if you regularly play wild it might be worth a shot.

Yeah, I can see that.  

Thing that's annoying is that I've been a top player in other CCGs, and even though I've only been playing for a little over a month, definitely want to achieve at least a consistent Legend ranking and average 5+ wins in Arena.  So more than just a casual player.  

Thus, I would be willing to pay $10 to compete against top players for potentially huge prizes if it was a system similar to Arena.  

But it's not; it's impossible for any decks of the overwhelming majority of the userbase to compete.  

8 hours ago, FinalSlayer said:

Yeah, I can see that.  

Thing that's annoying is that I've been a top player in other CCGs, and even though I've only been playing for a little over a month, definitely want to achieve at least a consistent Legend ranking and average 5+ wins in Arena.  So more than just a casual player.  

Thus, I would be willing to pay $10 to compete against top players for potentially huge prizes if it was a system similar to Arena.  

But it's not; it's impossible for any decks of the overwhelming majority of the userbase to compete.  

It's partly just time. You don't need all the decks, you just need one very refined deck. And the time to learn to play it optimally. A month isn't long in hearthstone terms.

I've played for just under a year, so haven't played any wild. I fancied giving it a go though, so crafted ships cannons and deaths bite to slot into MSoG Pirate Warrior. Figured going aggro was the best way to make up for not knowing the wild meta, and didn't want to have to craft any expensive stuff for it. Went ok, came out 6-3.

It has three legendaries (Finley, Patches, Leeroy) and two epics (Southsea Captain) so anyone who's played for a while and saved dust up could build it. It's playable with replacements for Leeroy and Finley at a pinch too but you lose a bit of an edge. Southsea Captains almost certainly could be replaced, they rarely made pre-MSoG lists but have become more popular recently.

Edited by Bozonik
  • Like 1

As promised, here is a few videos of some of the pros playing this week's Brawl. This will give anyone wondering what the meta is looking like an idea before they commit to the entry fee. Keep in mind these videos are the full runs they did so the videos are long. With all of that being said; Enjoy. :) 

Savjz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmN7wPK2ME

Amaz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8-sDGekGUI

Thijs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxzWsFbVP8o

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 2:55 AM, KingMe said:

As promised, here is a few videos of some of the pros playing this week's Brawl. This will give anyone wondering what the meta is looking like an idea before they commit to the entry fee. Keep in mind these videos are the full runs they did so the videos are long.

Used the same deck as Savjz and ended up 9-3, was really fun to play tbh. Wish I'd done better and got to 12, but it wasn't all that likely :p

I got to try this for the first time. I'm proud to say I won 4 matches before I got my butt handed to me by three successive rush decks and bad draws.

16 minutes ago, Raxyn said:

I got to try this for the first time. I'm proud to say I won 4 matches before I got my butt handed to me by three successive rush decks and bad draws.

What did you run with and did you get anything good from having four wins? 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 1:47 PM, Blainie said:

Used the same deck as Savjz and ended up 9-3, was really fun to play tbh. Wish I'd done better and got to 12, but it wasn't all that likely :p

9-3 is still great! What rewards did you get? 

On 5/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, KingMe said:

What did you run with and did you get anything good from having four wins? 

I ran with a mage deck that focused on secrets. I play with the same deck build for normal games also so I could give you a card-by-card build if you wanted. Most folks I played tried to do something along the same lines I think, but they ended up falling short when I would play my favorite opener: Manna worm than use coin to play a Kabal Lackey to get a secret out. Already sets the manna worm to 2 right at the start. After that, even if the mana worm goes's down, I just kept feeding myself secrets to supplement my board with their cards and monsters and protect myself while I used my own monsters to activate their own spells from me having secrets out.

Like I said, my deck completely flopped at rush decks (all of them warriors and all of them with the pirate's cards...) and didn't help that I kept getting first move and cards that were way too expensive for playing until even after switching out. I mean, some cards I could have played just to have monsters out on the field but by the time I got them usually his side was full or getting full and he was smashing against my own attempts to have anything out.

As for the winnings, I thought it was pretty decent for 4 wins; 195 dust, 350 gold, and 3 un-goro packs. Most of the cards in the packs I have since I did the preorder and bought 40 more packs after that so most turned into dust. All in all, I'd do it again if I could get something that nice again :)