FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mirouku

Very Low DPS

Hmmm, there are several things that look weird. Looking at Krosus, which is basically single target, Aimed Shot is only 37% of your damage. If you look at the logs from top hunters, Aimed Shot is more than 60% if their damage, so clearly the issue is with Aimed shot.

It's hard to tell exactly what you're doing just from logs, but you're clearly hitting at least a few Aimed Shots out of Vulnerable, since the minimum damage was 233k for hit and 420k for a crit.

Your ratio of Marked shot to Aimed shots is terrible. You should be shooting less than half as many Marked Shots than Aimed shots on single target, but you shot 37 Marked Shots and 46 Aimed Shots. Given the length of the fight, I believe you should have been able to shoot a lot more AImed shots than that.

You also shoot way too many Arcane Shots, so I'm assuming that Focus regen is giving you trouble. It may be worth looking into that. Perhaps you need more Haste? I don't know if better legendaries would affect that.

11 hours ago, Khallid said:

Hmmm, there are several things that look weird. Looking at Krosus, which is basically single target, Aimed Shot is only 37% of your damage. If you look at the logs from top hunters, Aimed Shot is more than 60% if their damage, so clearly the issue is with Aimed shot.

It's hard to tell exactly what you're doing just from logs, but you're clearly hitting at least a few Aimed Shots out of Vulnerable, since the minimum damage was 233k for hit and 420k for a crit.

Your ratio of Marked shot to Aimed shots is terrible. You should be shooting less than half as many Marked Shots than Aimed shots on single target, but you shot 37 Marked Shots and 46 Aimed Shots. Given the length of the fight, I believe you should have been able to shoot a lot more AImed shots than that.

You also shoot way too many Arcane Shots, so I'm assuming that Focus regen is giving you trouble. It may be worth looking into that. Perhaps you need more Haste? I don't know if better legendaries would affect that.

Some good points there; however, with the legendary ring it's expected to use more marked shots than normal. But definitely agree, your aimed shot damage in comparison to everything else was ridiculously low. Granted; if you compare your attempt to the top parses, they have the best legendaries so they of course get more out of their aimed shots.

But your arcane shot usage was ridiculously high in comparison to aimed shot, you want to never spend time in focus cap, even if you have to use an aimed shot before focus capping just to drop it back down a bit, that's going to be better than sitting on focus cap for ages.

Your opening rotation is seeming to be way off; you only managed to peak at 1m dps; at your ilvl it should be a lot closer to at least 1.5 if not 2m. Your opener sets up the start of the fight; try and practice the one outlined on the MM guide a few times before your next raid and that should make a huge difference.

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/yLWMPjzVdw792AhH/63204694/24?tab=basic 

I know the above website has its disadvantages in that it calculates the absolute maximum casts you can have, but you missed a LOT and I mean a LOT of aimed shots, and almost a THIRD of your windbursts.

You need to be casting Windburst almost on cooldown to get as much uptime on Vulnerable as possible; you missed 6 out of a possible maximum 17 assuming you cast it on cooldown every time. That's 6 lots of vulnerable uptime you could have had.

Your patient sniper usage is way off; you want to ideally cast 2-3 aimed shots in the duration of vulnerable, with the last cast going off at <1 sec left on Vulnerable. Do yourself a favour and memorise the MM guide and have it open in another window or write it down and practice it over and over and over again.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xanah
      Guild: Dawn of the Dead | http://www.dotd.org   Faction: Horde | Server: Zul'jin (PvE) | Timezone: EST   Current Progression: 8/9M BoD | 2/2H CoS | 8/8M Uldir CE   We've been raiding max size raids continuously since WoW has been released and are the only guild to have done so here on Zul'jin. We have strong leadership, no drama, and plans to keep raiding for years to come. Unlike many guilds, we're not recruiting for the short term, and we don't over-recruit.   Website: www.dotd.org
        Raid Times: Our schedule is 8-11 EST Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   Needs: We are a small guild, and we expect high attendance. As such, we recruit people to raid, and desire people who can step in and contribute immediately. We don’t recruit people to sit around, so all spots are for raiders who can expect to be in most every raid.   We are currently looking to add skilled and reliable:
      Ranged DPS: High: Shadow Priest, Mage Medium: Warlock 1 Healer:
      High: Resto Shaman, Mistweaver Monk

*ALL exceptional applicants will be considered regardless of the class.   What we ask of you:   Effort: Not all applicants come from highly progressed guilds, and that’s okay, but it does mean that you need to be prepared. We recruit the player, not the gear, but we do ask that you have some current experience. You need to have the best gear available to you with top end enchants and gems where available. You also need to be able to display an understanding of your class mechanics, role in a raid, and ability to learn new fights.   Attitude: It’s a game. We play for fun. How you fit in with the guild is taken very seriously. We’re a bunch of mostly 18-30 guys and girls who have fun playing together. While we have a good time, we also know when it’s time to buckle down and work hard.   Skill: The best way to determine skill is to see you in a raid. Because we don’t wish to have anyone transfer that we’re not serious about, be able to express your knowledge of your class and why you’re an exceptional player who would be an asset and is worth a shot. Gear will come with time. Skill will not. Impress us with your knowledge of your class and gameplay mechanics. Feel free to share any logs, theorycrafting, or other work you've done.   Commitment: We make a commitment to you, and ask you to do the same to us. A raid takes a team of more than 20 individuals working together. We rely on you to show up to raids, research your class and new fights, respect your fellow players, and notify us when you are unavailable. You rely on us for gear, experience, and coordination. It's a large investment of our time to train and gear new players, and we ask the same investment on your part so that we can each benefit.   We have a variety of informational resources available to prospective applicants on our web site: http://www.dotd.org-- please refer to our "Applications" forum for detailed information. Also feel free to visit us on WoWProgresss for more information and kill videos! http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...wn+of+the+Dead   Should you wish to speak to someone in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to an officer directly, whisper Alloren (Alloren#1606), Xanah (Xana#1662) or Jeare (Jeare#1759).   We look forward to hearing from you soon!  
    • By Yokyat
      Hello all,
      After plenty of weeks doing Mythic + and a bit of the nighthold, my return to wow and the mage class has been fantastic. I'm absolutely in love with frost mage and I'm hoping the upcoming nerfs for ToS won't completely destroy it. With my experience, I believe I understand the frost mage's ins-and-outs. With all this said, I was wondering about the tier set bonus for the nighthold gear and why people bother to get the 4 set bonus.
      Before I go any further, I think the 10% increased chance for brain freeze is really strong. Its the 5% chance for fingers of frost that irks me. I don't think that is a strong bonus considering the fact that you are forced to wear the tier gear which promotes a lot of mastery, specifically the hood, robes, and cloak. I personally think that it would be smarter to get the 2 set bonus, and then get gear that promotes crit (before shatter), haste, and versatility.  
      I could easily be wrong and, considering I've seen a lot of high-end frost mages wear the mythic tier set, I probably am wrong. But I am very curious as to why as my thoughts seems more logical. Is the 5% bonus really that good?
      Thank you for reading. 
    • By clover
      Imperium, on Bleeding Hollow, is a Horde guild whose members have been raiding together in some way, shape or form since Vanilla. We have now gone casual and are looking to field a full 30 heroic raid for Tomb of Sargeras.
      Qualified candidates should have the following: a solid history of raiding (even in the past), know how to play their class to the best of their ability, know how to do mechanics, enjoy the game and have a good time.

Currently recruiting the following:
      Healers DPS with tank os Ranged DPS
      All exceptional recruits are encouraged to apply regardless of class/spec.

Current Legion Progression
      7/7M EN 3/3H TOV 3/10M NH
      Other activities on off nights including m+, pvp, achievements, and alt runs.
      Raids: Tue/Wed 9pm-midnight EST
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Bleeding Hollow-US
      Battle tag: clover#11874
      Discord: sephorae #7200
      http://www.imperium-guild.com

• By Gwynie
      Deeprun Tram Security of Silvermoon EU seek players who have a positive, friendly attitude and willingness to better themselves in order to progress through difficult content. 
      Our raid days are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday from 19-22 server time. 
      We are currently recruiting one healer and a few dps of the following classes:
      Healer:
      Resto Druid
      DPS:
      High:
      Warlock
      Shadow Priest
      Hunter
      Feral Druid
      Medium:
      Balance Druid
      Death Knight
      Warrior
      Low:
      Demon Hunter
      Retribution Paladin
      Windwalker Monk
      Elemental Shaman
      All applications will be reviewed and considered, so you are welcome to apply, even if your class/spec isn’t listed.
      If you are interested in raiding with us, visit our website www.deepruntramsecurity.org for more info or whisper Icegrlslave or Gwynie in game for a chat.
      Potential recruits should have the following qualities:
      - Proficiency with their class, knowledge about the game and the desire and attitude to reach a level of performance required in raid encounters by researching, practicing, and gearing.
      - Availability to attend 90% of our raids.
      - Positive attitude, willingness to learn/teach/improve, and distaste for drama/whining/complaining.
      - Acceptance of the guild rules and looting policy.
    • By Stein
      Quick info:
      Guild name: Disorganized Faction: Alliance Realm EU: Ravencrest Progression: EM 7/7M, Tov 2/3M, NH 8/10M Raid times: Wed & Sun, 20:00-23:00 (server time) Openings: Healers, range & melee DPS Website: http://do-guild.enjin.com  
      Disorganized is a mythic raiding guild on Ravencrest, alliance. The guild was founded by five real life friends going into Legion, with the clear goal of overcoming mythic content while relevant on a 2 raid/week basis. We have played since vanilla, most of us clearing all of the content while it was current and achieving titles such as 'Immortal', 'Hand of A'dal', 'Hellscream's Downfall' etc.

Given the nature of the guilds leadership being real life friends, it is safe to say that we have a very stable guild management. Beyond the officers we have added several players from our past raiding to the roster. So a great deal of the core have known each other and raided together for many years.

We have established a strong core in the guild by now, but are still building our roster:

DPS: 
      Melee
      Warrior Rogue Retribution Paladin Windwalker Monk Range
      Balance Druid Shadow Priest Elemental Shaman Hunter Healer: 
      Considering all classes!

Our progression so far is:

Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 M
      Trial of Valor: 2/3M
      Nighthold : 8/10 M

Raid time:
      We raid Wednesday and Sunday at 20:00 - 23:00 server time, with possible extension of 20ish minutes if close to an important kill.

Make sure to visit our guild website, which also holds our application form at: http://do-guild.enjin.com

For more information feel free to contact one of our Co-GMs - Elessi (Hawkins#2424), Kanyeah (Riggs#2962).